....And I still haven't found my way back. I keep struggling with writing posts, simply because I feel uninspired. I still enjoy writing and I want to be able to post more regularly, but every time I try to sit down I want to do something else. There is something holding me back and a while ago I figured out some of the things that bothered me, but I can't do anything about it. I need to find a way to deal with this problem and one of the things I need to do is take a step back for now.
I feel like my blog doesn't really matter anymore and I've been out of touch with bloggers I used to be close with. Every time I open Twitter, I wonder how much it matters whether I tweet or stay silent. Most of the times it feels like I can just disappear and no one will notice - and while I realize that blogging is something you should always do for YOU, it's demotivating to feel that way.
I think everyone has noticed that there are huge time periods between new posts and I hope you will stick around no matter what. My progress in returning back to the blogging world might be slow, but I'm definitely working on it. The Love-a-thon has helped me realize that I still enjoy visiting new blogs and that I want to keep up with reviewing books. Branching out to blogging about my bulletjournal has helped and perhaps I need to go and explore more other topics too, like bringing back Mel in Movieland.
It feels good to write this down. It's not an apology, because I've always felt those are unnecessarily, but this has been bugging me for some time. So. There. A post to admit the biggest, most terrible blogging slump I have experienced in my 5 years of blogging. I don't know how long it will take, but I will not quit. I'm just taking my time.
Friday, March 03, 2017 00:42
This post recaps my month: my personal life, all the books I’ve read & bought, movies and TV shows I’ve seen and my journey in the world of Bulletjournaling.
This was a good month, where I discovered my new addiction; the TV show Outlander. A few years ago I read the first four books, but for some reason I quit and now I remember again why I liked it so much. Hello, Jamie Fraser and your darn adorable accent. It's such an easy show to binge-watch. Trigger warning for sex scenes, violence and sexual abuse.
I went disco-bowling for a friend's birthday. It has been a while since I bowled and I was reminded of the fact that I am terrible at it, haha. But it was fun and that is all that matters.
To celebrate Valentine we went out to eat hamburgers and I got a pretty set of three piercings for my ear. We always like to acknowledge the day without making too much fuzz, so this was nice.
I went out to drink bubble tea and to do some book shopping with someone who is quickly becoming a friend. It was great to browse for new titles with someone who loves books as much as I do. Our boyfriends decided to hang out in the pub in the mean time.
The Love-a-Thon happened, I was one of the co-hosts, and I had a great time learning new people. It gave me new motivation to write reviews and to make more time to comment around the blogging community.
And I did something I never thought I would ever do. My mom talked me into going to a photo-shoot with her, a friend and my sister and she persuaded me by loaning a Belle dress. I decided to go with it and in the end I did get a few photo's that I like.
Stephanie Garber – Caraval.
V.E Schwab – A Conjuring of Light.
Walt Disney Company – Beauty and the Beast: Belle's Library.
Marissa Meyer & Douglas Holgate – Wires and Nerves.
Gabrielle-Suzanne de Villeneuve – The Beauty and the Beast.
S. Jae-Jones – Wintersong.
Fred van Lente – Ten Dead Comedians: A Murder mystery (copy from Quirk)
A.C Gaughen – Roseblood (book box)
George Orwell – 1984.
Hal Elrod – The Miracle Morning.
1. Hal Elrod – The Miracle Morning. Good, but not mind-blowing.
2. C.J Redwine – The Wish Granter. I loved it.
3. Erika Johanson – The Fate of the Tearling. It was.. interesting.
4. Erika Johanson – The Boy.
5. Gabrielle Suzanne Barbot de Villeneuve – The Beauty and the Beast.
6. Christina Henry – Alice. Dark, creepy and twisted!
7. Marissa Meyer – Wires and Nerves. Great new story in the world of Lunar Chronicles.
1. New Girl season 6, episodes 1 – 7. So far, not as good as previous seasons.
2. Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt season 1, episodes 9 – 12. Funny.
3. Vikings, season 4, episodes 19 – 20. Feeeeeelings. Can't wait for the new season.
4. Black Sails, season 4, episodes 1 – 2.
5. Daredevil, season 2, episodes 8 – 13. Mweh. I really don't like the main character….. But I'm invested enough to wait for the new season.
6. Marco Polo, season 2, episodes 7 – 10. It's good. The next season will be great.
7. Outlander, season 1, episodes 1 – 9. In loooove.
8. Sherlock, season 4, first episode.
9. Frontier, season 1, episodes 1 – 6. Hmm, not sure how I feel about it.
Zoolander 2. So bad, it's funny.
Despicable me, rewatch on TV.
The Huntsman: Winter's war. I can see the comparison with Frozen, but it wasn't bad.
Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot. Bored. So bored.
How was your February?