Monday, May 01, 2017 13:14

Bout of Books 19 | Sign-up & progress post.

Bout of Books
Yesterday I realized I have participated in 7 editions of Bout of Books already, so I also signed up to be an Expert. This means you really commit to spread some love on accounts of participants. I always enjoy hopping around, but I haven't felt really like it lately, so I hope this will give me some extra motivation. Let's see if I can make it on the team.

Edit May 2nd: accepted!



I will be away for the weekend though and I will mostly participate through Twitter, but I still wanted to make an official blog post where I can keep track of my progress. My aim is to read 3 to 4 books, but my main goal is to simply read as much as I can/want.
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda Shofner and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 8th and runs through Sunday, May 14th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 19 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team.
Schedule:
Monday 5/8:
Introduce yourself #insixwords
Tuesday 5/9: Not a Font
Wednesday 5/10: Share Your Shelfie!
Thursday 5/11: Character Dating Profile
Friday 5/12: Book Spine Rainbow
Saturday 5/13: Seasons of Books
Sunday 5/14: FREE DAY!

Twitter Chats

(chats last approximately one hour)
TZC = Time Zone Conversion
Monday: 8pm CST (TZC)
Saturday: 10am CST (TZC)
MONDAY.
-Pages read:
-Started my re-read of A Court of Mist and Fury. Read 13 pages.
-Listened 1 hour to my audio book of Ready Player One.
-Achievements: I replied to some tweets on the #boutofbooks hash tag.
-Challenge: Me in Six words tweet.

TUESDAY.
-Pages read:
-Listened to 1 hour of my audio book.
-Achievements: Replied to some tweets. Commented on 20-something blogs.
-Challenge: This time we had to pick a book cover where illustrations are part of the typography. I found many covers, but this one caught my eye right away:


WEDNESDAY.
-Pages read:
-Listened to another hour of my audio book.
-Read 30 pages in Wicked like Wildfire.
-Read 55 pages in A Court of Mist and Fury.
-Achievements: Commented on 10 blogs. Replied to some tweets.

THURSDAY.
-Pages read:
-Listened to another hour of my audio book. 2 hours and 47 minutes left.
-Read X pages in A Court of Mist and Fury.
-Read 10 pages in Wicked like Wildfire (not enjoying this one..)
-Achievements: Commented on 20 blogs. Replied to some tweets.
-ChallengeCharacter dating profile for Kaz.

FRIDAY.
-Pages read:
-Finished The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson, about.. 150 pages?
-Total number of books read: 1.

SATURDAY.
-Pages read:
-Finished Spindle Fire by Lexi Hillyer, 351 pages.
-Total number of books read: 2.


SUNDAY.
-Pages read: 0
-Total number of books read: 2.

author image

Mel@thedailyprophecy

Mel is a microbiology technician who is obsessed with Disney, fairytale retellings and fantasy. If she's not reading or blogging, she's either busy with gaming, hanging out with family or watching a TV show. She loves summer and bright nail polish. One of her dreams is to travel the world. She has found her Prince Charming and they are together for 7+ years.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with the read-a-thon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bout of Books is so much fun! I think I'll be participating as well, but I'm not 100% sure yet. Good luck, and have fun! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh, sounds like fun :D I hope you get to read lots and enjoy it. <3 Have fun Mel :) Best of luck. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coolness. Happy reading. Neat choice for not a font.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible. Remember to return to see my reply! :)

Copyright © 2012 The Daily Prophecy
Template and Design by Hopeless Romantics
Toptal (Topal) / CC BY-SA 3.0