Recap February '17 | Photo shoot, Love-a-thon and bookshopping.

OUAT_thumb3
This was a good month, where I discovered my new addiction; the TV show Outlander. A few years ago I read the first four books, but for some reason I quit and now I remember again why I liked it so much. Hello, Jamie Fraser and your darn adorable accent. It's such an easy show to binge-watch. Trigger warning for sex scenes, violence and sexual abuse.

I went disco-bowling for a friend's birthday. It has been a while since I bowled and I was reminded of the fact that I am terrible at it, haha. But it was fun and that is all that matters.

To celebrate Valentine we went out to eat hamburgers and I got a pretty set of three piercings for my ear. We always like to acknowledge the day without making too much fuzz, so this was nice.

I went out to drink bubble tea and to do some book shopping with someone who is quickly becoming a friend. It was great to browse for new titles with someone who loves books as much as I do. Our boyfriends decided to hang out in the pub in the mean time.

The Love-a-Thon happened, I was one of the co-hosts, and I had a great time learning new people. It gave me new motivation to write reviews and to make more time to comment around the blogging community.

And I did something I never thought I would ever do. My mom talked me into going to a photo-shoot with her, a friend and my sister and she persuaded me by loaning a Belle dress. I decided to go with it and in the end I did get a few photo's that I like.

HamburgersLove a thon




bookhaul_thumb2
Beauty and the BeastCaraval

Bought
:
Stephanie Garber – Caraval.
V.E Schwab – A Conjuring of Light.
Walt Disney Company – Beauty and the Beast: Belle's Library.
Marissa Meyer & Douglas Holgate – Wires and Nerves.
Gabrielle-Suzanne de Villeneuve – The Beauty and the Beast.
S. Jae-Jones – Wintersong.

Received:
Fred van Lente – Ten Dead Comedians: A Murder mystery (copy from Quirk)
A.C Gaughen – Roseblood (book box)

Ebooks:
George Orwell – 1984.
Hal Elrod – The Miracle Morning.

Read_thumb5
1. Hal Elrod – The Miracle Morning. Good, but not mind-blowing.
2. C.J Redwine – The Wish Granter. I loved it.
3. Erika Johanson – The Fate of the Tearling. It was.. interesting.
4. Erika Johanson – The Boy.
5. Gabrielle Suzanne Barbot de Villeneuve – The Beauty and the Beast.
6. Christina Henry – Alice. Dark, creepy and twisted!
7. Marissa Meyer – Wires and Nerves. Great new story in the world of Lunar Chronicles.
Watched_thumb5TV Shows: 
1. New Girl season 6, episodes 1 – 7. So far, not as good as previous seasons.
2. Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt season 1, episodes 9 – 12. Funny.
3. Vikings, season 4, episodes 19 – 20. Feeeeeelings. Can't wait for the new season.
4. Black Sails, season 4, episodes 1 – 2.
5. Daredevil, season 2, episodes 8 – 13. Mweh. I really don't like the main character….. But I'm invested enough to wait for the new season.
6. Marco Polo, season 2, episodes 7 – 10. It's good. The next season will be great.
7. Outlander, season 1, episodes 1 – 9. In loooove.
8. Sherlock, season 4, first episode.
9. Frontier, season 1, episodes 1 – 6. Hmm, not sure how I feel about it.

Movies:
Zoolander 2. So bad, it's funny.
Despicable me, rewatch on TV.
The Huntsman: Winter's war. I can see the comparison with Frozen, but it wasn't bad.
Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot. Bored. So bored.

How was your February?

4 comments

  1. I saw the photo from your photoshoot, and it was GORGEOUS! :)

    And that's nice about the Love-a-thon, and how it was successful (yet again! seeing from my Twitter feed!) I'm glad it game you motivation, because I was lacking in it (UNTIL TODAY). Also, I need to get Wires and Nerves! Though before that, I should probably finish Winter and Stars Above haha.

    Glad you have a great February, Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought Wires & Nerve and can't wait to read it! Happy March!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely recap sweetie :D YAY for having such a good February. <3 And ahh, I loved the photoshoot you did :) You are so gorgeous. Glad you were happy with it too. <3 And YAY for loving The Wish Granter :D It's so good. And ohh, I really loved The Huntsman movie, hih :) Hope March is amazing for you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful recap! Sounds like you had a fun February :) I didn't mind The Huntsman movie either, it was entertaining! I can't wait to see what you think of Season 4 of Sherlock :D I really need to read and watch Outlander myself! I'm happy you're enjoying the show! You look amazing in the photoshoot ♥ I missed your IG posts because I'm super behind on IG but wow!! Thanks for sharing :) Have a wonderful March xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible.