Saturday, February 18, 2017 17:00

Love-A-Thon 2017 | Mix and Match.

loveathon2017-c[428]We all love books, but there are other things we’re passionate about too! All you’ve got to do is mash-up a non-bookish hobby/passion/talent/fandom with your bookish life. Do it through photos, collages, or videos. Get as creative as you’d like to! Link-up at Super Space Chick and take a look at all the other participants.

Bulletjournal and reading. I'm already writing a blog post about this topic, but I couldn't make this post without mentioning my bulletjournal. This is something I discovered in July last year and it has been one of the best things ever. It makes me feel peaceful, because I have a mind that tends to overthink. My anxiety is less now that I have a place where I can write down anything that might bother me. It's practically a diary, to-do-list and wish list in a fancy way. If you want a bit more information you can check out my post about my step into the world of bulletjournaling.

I combine my passion for doodling/making lists together with my love for books by making spreads about reading! Here are two examples I choose from my Instagram account Mel_1704.

Grimm
This is a spread I came up with not too long ago. If there is one thing I love it's fairytales, so I decided to write down every title from the Brother's Grimm (copies out of my leatherbound book from Barnes and Nobles), so I can keep track of reading every single one of them. I'm also going to use a color code system to be able to see whether I liked or disliked that specific tale.
Read-watch
Another thing that's new is my big Read and Watched in 2017 spread. I always used two methods: random notebooks and wrote down lists of book titles and an Excel sheet. I decided to spice it up by giving it more structure. This is where I keep track of everything I read (and see) together with a rating. I decided to include a 'Quote' section on the bottom of the page to fill up the empty space and I do love to collect inspirational/motivational quotes.

How do you keep track of your reading?
author image

Mel@thedailyprophecy

Mel is a microbiology technician who is obsessed with Disney, fairytale retellings and fantasy. If she's not reading or blogging, she's either busy with gaming, hanging out with family or watching a TV show. She loves summer and bright nail polish. One of her dreams is to travel the world. She has found her Prince Charming and they are together for 7+ years.

15 comments:

  1. Bookish lists are the best! I keep one for Tolkien's books, one for Sherlock Holmes and one for Agatha Christie, never thought about the Brother's Grimm, great idea! Also, I love your Read and Watched spread! I currently have a running list for the movies I watch at the cinema.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this! I've seen so many people talking about bullet journaling this year and it makes me want to try it. One of my big goals of 2017 is to get better organized. I got a notebook for Christmas that has dividers, so I've been using that to keep track of books read, books I want to read, goals, finances, etc. I'm thinking I should try to jazz it up a bit and get more creative. :-)

    ~Marie @ Ramblings of a Daydreamer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bullet journaling looks so much fun, I like planning and decorating my planner, it's almost the same! I just use Goodreads to log my reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I admit, bullet journals sound like a lot of fun, but I get really frustrated with details (one reason I would have failed as an archaeologist because I'd want to hurry up and uncover the item instead of brushing dirt away gently), etc that I don't think it would be my avenue of choice. It's still something I'd consider. I really do like the idea of having a physical item to look at throughout out the year, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to journal. I used to keep a diary way back when I was in elementary and into college but I slowly stopped doing that. I wanted to start BuJo but I just can't keep up! I love your layouts and pages! I saw how your lettering really improved since last year which is really amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My life goals can be basically summarized in a picture of your bullet journal spreads! You are SO CREATIVE and my bullet journal wants to be juts like yours when it grows up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Honestly, your bullet journal spreads are totally inspiring! I love how you illustrate things, and I'm always in awe of your layouts <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your bullet journal looks so beautiful! I just recently started journaling/tracking my book statistics (thanks to inspiration from Kristin @SuperSpaceChick ) and seeing yours makes me want to decorate mine more!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your BuJo, mine is more in organization way, it has no collection or lists, it's more like an agenda and the most I put is at the end of the month a memory page. But I invest a lot of time and try to be creative with each weekly spread so it feels like a part of me too. I have a diary now (started three days ago) to get things out of my head and have them there. It's a bit scary but we will see what happens.
    I plan adding some collections at the end of my BuJo, I hope I can get to that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful journaling! I just started one in November and it's still messy but does the job. Maybe as I get better I can focus on making them prettier :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've wanted to try bullet journaling for some time now, I just have to hunker down and get it done. I love your posts that you do for your spreads. You're so artistic and talented Mel <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bullet journalling always looks so intriguing and like a great system. I'm glad your anxiety's been less ever since starting it! <3 Personally, I've considered trying it and lost myself in YouTube videos on bujo but then decided I'd probably spend more time on tidying that up than tackling the actual tasks, so I abandoned the thought. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is great, I've been looking at ways to get into bullet journaling and would like to combine reviewing with it as well. Do you free hand the cursive titles, like the months?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do :) Everything you see is done by hand!

      Delete
  14. I love how awesome you are at this Mel :) Always love seeing what you have written/drawn. Wish I was as talented as you. <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible. Remember to return to see my reply! :)

Copyright © 2012 The Daily Prophecy
Template and Design by Hopeless Romantics
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0