Yearly recap | Fabulous 2016.

Yearly-recap_thumb2
This year was fabulous, despite all the less fabulous things that happened all over the world. I can honestly say this was one of the best years so far, because I've been blessed with some fortunate events, lots of good food, lots of time with loved ones and many new opportunities. I've grown even more and I've stepped out of my comfort zone many times, which I hope to continue (and improve even further) in 2017.

My goals for 2017 include:
1. Keep pushing myself. Grow. Overcome my fears. Get out of my comfort zone.
2. Be gentle and loving to myself.
3. Keep making time to do the things I love.
4. Make beautiful memories and enjoy every moment. Be around my family as often as I can. Spend a lot of quality time with my boyfriend.
5. Be healthy: keep up the clean eating and start to work-out on a regular base.
6. Save money, but also treat myself every now and then.
7. Read all the books. Only buy the most anticipated ones/sequels.
8. Finish another bullet journal.
9. Be creative. Practice watercoloring and lettering. Work on my Wreck this journal.
10. Invest more time in Instagram –> practice more with my Canon.

This is my last post of 2016. HAPPY NEW YEAR LOVELY FRIENDS!

Real-life_thumb2
Here is a round-up from some of the things I believe are highlights of my year of 2016. Also: my book club meetings every month <3 I don't know what I would do without these girls!

January: I found a job in December and started January 4th. I also moved into my rental house with my boyfriend. I also saw the Beauty and the Beast musical.
February: I made a beginning with bulletjournaling (but my real attempt started in April) and I was one of the hosts for the Love-a-thon.
March: I spend a lot of time with my family and boyfriend; we visited a lot of restaurants. 
April: I celebrated my 25th birthday, together with our official house-warming. We slept in a castle. We had the bookclub sleep-over at my place.
May: Sad news was that I lost a friend in a car accident. At the same time, my grandfather turned 80. I saw Mumford and sons in concert and it was fabulous.
June: A LOT of good food. I finally got my ear pierced (Auricle) and I dyed my hair tips purple.
July: I got my hair retouched. I went to a theme park.
August: I saw the Harry Potter exhibition in Brussels, together with a long weekend there. I went on vacation to Italy, where I saw some amazing places like Rome, Capri, Vatican City and Pompeii – where I climbed on the Vesuvius.
September: More good food, haha. I went rowing with my boyfriend in the park.
October: I got a contract renewal, which means another year at my job! I'm loving it. Again, had a lot of good food this month = family time.
November: We celebrated our 8th anniversary by going to an escape room. I had a team building event with work and a Sinterklaas celebration.

This month, December, recap:
-Celebrated Sinterklaas with my boyfriend's mother.
-Bought our first Christmas Tree and decorations, which was so much fun.
-Celebrated my grandmother's birthday.
-Went out for dinner with my sister after a full day of Christmas shopping.
-Celebrated 'three' Christmas days. I really got spoiled by my family.

I finished a total of 5 books so far, but I have 6 more to go so I can reach my goal of 90 books. I will talk about this in the Annual End of Year Survey by Jamie @ Perpetual Page Turner.
1. Heidi Heilig – The ship beyond time.
2. Diane Zahler – A true princess.
3. Wendy Higgins – The great pursuit.
4. J.K Rowling – Fantastic beasts and where to find them.
5. Kathryn Purdie – Burning glass.
Blog_thumb2
As you might have noticed, I took a step back this year. I hardly participated in my own (Fairytale) retelling challenge, because I felt uninspired, and I didn't find any motivation to go around and comment in the blogosphere. I'm definitely going to step it up in 2017. I've given myself enough time to get used to my new life schedule (my first full-time job) and I feel like I am ready to return! I'm definitely going to change things up, because I did enjoy writing my bullet journal posts. I feel blessed that publishers still want to work with me and I even made a new connection.

My blog resolutions are:
1. Write down all the reviews I want to post on my blog, but don't review ALL of them. It is okay to read a book for me.
2. Post more regularly and try new things. I don't have to be unique/original, but I want to explore different topics.
3. Comment on other blogs once a week. Pick a day and use one hour to comment.

In one word: how was your 2016? Any resolutions for 2017?

9 comments

  1. That's so cool that you went to Italy this year! I want to go there someday! 90 books? I'm still trying to see if I can get to 20 before the year is over. Haha. Best of luck with your 2017 goals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My condolences for your loss. I hope next year will be kinder. It's great that you made new discoveries... travelling, bullet journaling, dying your hair... And I totally agree that we shouldn't feel pressured to review all books, or to solely blog about books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My condolences for your loss. I hope next year will be kinder. It's great that you made new discoveries... travelling, bullet journaling, dying your hair... And I totally agree that we shouldn't feel pressured to review all books, or to solely blog about books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you had a great year! I absolutely loved 2016 as well, even though there were some really bad setbacks that occurred. It's been a while since I had a great year, so I'm very thankful for everything that happened.

    Reading through all your goals and resolutions made me smile. They are so positive and nice! I hope you keep up with them! I know you will :) Happy New Year, Mel. It's been a while since we've talked, and I honestly miss talking to you and everyone else. I hope to see more of your lovely posts this incoming year. <3

    Jillian @ Jillian's Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodness, you've had a very busy year. I'm sorry about the death of your friend. But, congrats on your job and finishing your first bullet journal and all that reading you've done. I'm glad that you're expecting to spend a little more time in the blogosphere this year, it'll be nice to see more posts from you in my RSS feed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great year all in all, but I'm sorry to hear about your friend.

    You did so many amazing things! Hope 2017 will be just as great. :))

    Here's my 2016 Recap in Books and How 2016 treated me personally if you're interested :)

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You truly did have a wonderful year and I'm happy for you. 2016 wasn't the best for me (on the world scope of things but also personally) but it wasn't terrible. I vow that 2017 WILL be better for everyone (I hope!)

    I'm glad to hear that you feel ready to return to blogging because I have missed your posts! I look forward to all the lovely things you have planned for the new year ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds like you had a really incredible 2016! I'm glad to hear it. And good luck with all your 2017 goals <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous recap sweetie :D I'm so so so glad that 2016 was so amazing for you. <3 All the hugs. You got to do so much amazing :) Yay. I hope 2017 will be even better for you :) Best of luck with all the things you want to get done. <3 You can do it :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible.