Recap November '16 | 8th anniversary and Team building.

Monthly-recap_thumb6
This post recaps my month: my personal life, all the books I’ve read & bought, movies and TV shows I’ve seen and my journey in the world of Bulletjournaling.
OUAT_thumb3
I did some fun things this month.

I surprised my boyfriend by taking him to an escape room. We celebrated out 8th anniversary and this has been something on top of our bucketlist. It was amazing and I definitely want to check out more escape rooms. The puzzles were diverse and challenging, but not so hard you couldn't figure it out. In the end, we managed to escape on time with the treasure! He took me out for a lunch at my favorite place (Bagels & Beans) and he gave me a Snape Funko and the new CD from Adele. He knows me so well.

We went to help my boyfriend's best friend to paint his hallway. His girlfriend is moving in and she also loves to read; so we spend all our time talking about books. Yes! I think we drove the boys nuts at some point, but one does not simply stop talking about books.

My boyfriend and I went to the cinema to see Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find them; I'm so happy we saw it on the big screen. The movie was worth it and I already can't wait to see it again. It was magical and detailed + I fell in love with the cast. 

I had a teambuilding event with my collegues at Madurodam, where we had a park escape (and my team won. Oh yeah) Madurodam = a park where you can see tiny buildings from places all over the Netherlands.

And last but not least, I had a Sinterklaas celebration with my colleagues. (Sinterklaas = a Dutch holiday.) We played a game called 'dobbelen' Everyone had to buy two presents. You need to roll the dice and each number has a specific task, like 'steal a present from someone' or 'everyone has to give their present to the person on your left side'. In the end we all ended up with two presents. I had a great time.
bookhaul_thumb2I did great this month! I have this low-key book buying ban, so I only got two books I really wanted. I bought the screenplay from J.K Rowling - Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them and the Wreck it box from Keri Smith, with the famous Wreck This Journal. This will be my art project for 2017 *excited*

Fantastic BeastsWreck it bo
Another book I bought was Nemesis by Anna Banks (for book club and in the end I was the only one who read it, haha) Anna Marie McLemore – When the Moon Was Ours was in my Bookly Bird subscription book and I couldn't be happier. This book sounds amazing! I got a finished copy from Iron Cast by Destiny Soria from the lovely people at Abrams, together with a copy from Warren the 13th by Taria del Rio. And one of the biggest surprises was this lovely package from Tor, inlcuding an ARC From Windwitch by Susan Dennard, because I am part of the Witchlanders (Earthclan!)
TruthwtichNemesis

Read_thumb5 1. Holly Bourne – Am I Normal Yet?
2. Tara Sim – Timekeeper.
3. Sarah Glenn Marsh – Fear the Drowning Deep.
4. Audrey Coulthurst – Of Fire and Stars.
5. Anna Banks – Nemesis.
6. Sophie Jordan – Rise of Fire.

Clicking on the titles will bring you to my reviews on Goodreads.
Am I Normal Yet surprised me. It was an impulsive buy when I found it in the cheap ebook section on a website. I really liked it. Timekeeper was SUCH A LET DOWN. The same with Of Fire and Stars. Fear the Drowning Deep was okay and Rise of Fire was tragic.. I hope December will be a better reading month.Watched_thumb5 Movies.
Neighbours 2: sorority high. So bad, it was funny.
True memoirs of an International Spy. Mediocre comedy movie.
The Brothers Grimsby, hehee.
Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them. FANTASTIC.
I Give It a Year. Nope.
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, because I'm rewatching them <3

TV shows
.
I watched a few episodes from season 2 from Jane the Virgin, season 2 from Marco Polo and season 2 from Reign.

How was your November?

3 comments

  1. Sounds like a great month! I too, have been on a book buying ban with Christmas coming up but alas, while I was shopping I bought myself two special editions of my favourites. My excuse being that I got my licence the other day. Funnily enough, I got a snape funko for my birthday early in the month too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your anniversary activities with the boyfriend sound lovely! We have escape rooms here and even a Harry Potter themed one :O I SO want to go!! And the Snape Funko + Adele = PERFECTION ♥ Talking about books with your boyfriend's best friend's girlfriend sounds like a wonderful evening too - hehehe - I can see the boys going a bit mad because of it though XD And I agree with all the things you said about Fantastic Beasts! I need the screenplay now too! Happy December xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for having an amazing November :D Sounds like you did lots of amazing things. <3 And ahh, escape room :D I have never, but it sounds pretty fun. Glad you guys managed to succeed, lol :D I hope January is amazing for you sweetie. <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible.