Monday, September 12, 2016 06:00

Retelling September '16 | Dressing up a villain.

Sound_thumb2
Don't forget to tweet and Instagram with the hash-tag #fairytaleRC.

Hello hello! We are already in September and I hope you are doing great with your challenge. How many retellings have you've read so far?

Today I want to do something I did in the 2015 Fairytale challenge link-up in July and I thought it would be fun to dress up two fairytale villains! This is how I imagine them to look in our time.
Cruella
I imagine Cruella in a timeless black maxi dress with her red pumps as statement. Of course, a big fluffy coat and a fun necklace.
Mother Gothel
For some reason I see Mother Gothel as someone who would dress to impress. Really classy and sophisticated look with the color of her plum dress in the movie.

How would you dress up some villains?
author image

Mel@thedailyprophecy

Mel is a microbiology technician who is obsessed with Disney, fairytale retellings and fantasy. If she's not reading or blogging, she's either busy with gaming, hanging out with family or watching a TV show. She loves summer and bright nail polish. One of her dreams is to travel the world. She has found her Prince Charming and they are together for 7+ years.

9 comments:

  1. This is so great. I'm with you on Mother Gothel. Her obsession with youth and beauty certainly smacks of vanity, which makes me think she'd be all over those stilettos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Err... I've read just one retelling. I'm doing a lot worse that even I thought. But I'll try to cathc up a bit in the last months of the year :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That outfit is so perfect for Cruella, I can definitely see her in it! What a fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here's my link for this month. :)

    Review: The Portal To Kerberos by Michelle Madow
    http://www.rainydaysandpajamas.com/2016/09/review-portal-to-kerberos-by-michelle.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here's my link for this month!

    https://odetoalibrary.wordpress.com/2016/09/26/the-wandering-unicorn-by-manuel-mujica-lainez/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am not doing good with this challenge at all, lol :D I just haven't been reading very well this year. Ugh. It sucks :\ But eee. Gorgeous post Mel :D I love the clothes that you picked. <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome outfit choices! I read two retellings this month:

    http://chasedbymyimagination.blogspot.co.uk/2016/09/book-review-gospel-of-loki-joanne-m.html

    http://chasedbymyimagination.blogspot.co.uk/2016/09/book-review-star-touched-queen-roshani.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible. Remember to return to see my reply! :)

Copyright © 2012 The Daily Prophecy
Template and Design by Hopeless Romantics
Toptal (Topal) / CC BY-SA 3.0