Tuesday, August 09, 2016 06:00

TTT | Books I wish I could buy right now.




This week we have the 'rewind' where you can go back and revisit a topic you've missed. Last week we had: Ten Books You'd Buy Right This Second If Someone Handed You A Fully Loaded Gift Card. I am already buying books like a maniac, so I'm putting a spin on it.



It's about a boy.
His name is Clay.
He's building a bridge.
And he wants that bridge to be something truly great and miraculous.
In case you don't know, The Book Thief is one of my favorite books ever. It's one of the few stories that made me cry on the outside. I've re-read it so many times that I lost count and it never fails to touch me. This book was supposed to be out in 2011, but was postponed and no one knows when it will be published.

--- 

A new YA fantasy in which elemental powers are reawakened after a genocide, and a girl realizes she has the power to control the earth on the same day she marries the king who hunted the Elementae to extinction.
Publication somewhere in 2017. I loved Scarlet, Lady Thief and Lion Heart. This was such a strong series about a Robin Hood retelling and I can't wait to read more from this author. The romance from Terra also sounds like a potential love-to-hate relationship, which I love.


--- 
No title, no further information about the blurb. It will be published May 4th 2017 and the wait is going to be hard. And let's be real, I will read anything she writes:

Twilight of the Gods. WIP.
Crescent city. WIP.
Catwoman.
Novella about Chaol.

That is a lot of new books to look forward to! And of course we got the news that there will be more books published in ACOTAR. Exciting stuff is happening.


--- 
On the eve of a new decade, after two hundred years of Scion rule, a revolution is beginning. Its unlikely cradle is the clairvoyant underworld in London, and even an old ally’s betrayal cannot stop it. But an enemy from Paige Mahoney’s past is about to return – an enemy that could quench the flame of hope for good..

Publication was pushed back to March 7th 2017. I'm not a fan of the new covers, but I am a fan of the story inside The Bone Season and The Mime Order, so I need this in my hands!


--- 
There are two rival schools in Gatlon City: the respected and exclusive Morris Academy that has turned many an evolved youth into celebrity superheroes, and the Gatlon School for the Gifted, which has a slightly less impressive reputation. Students of Gatlon tend to be relegated to minions, placeholders, or—at best—sidekicks. Clara has no interest in being a hero, but she does need answers. Her invisible, mischievous pet Thunderbird, Tondra, is dying, and she refuses to let him go without a fight. Unfortunately, there seems to be a lot more happening in Gatlon than just a sickly mythical bird. Crime is on the rise, the police have gone complacent, and a new team of vigilantes are causing more problems than they’re fixing. When Clara and her peers find themselves swept up in the chaos and no longer able to tell the good guys from the bad, no one is sure which side of hero vs. villain they’ll fall on.

As far as I know there is no exact publication date, but I believe it will be published somewhere in 2017. My love for her books Cinder, Scarlet (my favorite), Cress, Winter, Fairest and Stars Above is big. We also have Heartless to look forward to, publication in November this year, and Wires and Nerves January 2017.


--- 
Victoria Schwab – The returnedA conjuring of light and Vengeful.
Schwab has stated that the third book in The Archived trilogy has been outlined/plotted, and although she isn't yet sure when the book will be released.
-
Londons fall and kingdoms rise while darkness sweeps the Maresh Empire—and the fraught balance of magic blossoms into dangerous territory while heroes and foes struggle alike. The direct sequel to A Gathering of Shadows, and the final book in the Shades of Magic epic fantasy series, A Conjuring of Light sees Schwab reach a thrilling culmination concerning the fate of beloved protagonists—and old enemies. Publication 2017.
-

Vengeful has no information.

My love for her books can't be expressed in words and I am so excited this is going to be a thing. I don't know how long we have to wait, but it will be worth it. It all started with The Near Witch, then The ArchivedThe Unbound and Vicious. But, A Darker Shade of Magic and A gathering of shadows are beyond perfection and this is one of my all time favorite series. I can't wait to find out how it is all going to end.




-- 
Beauty knows the Beast’s forest in her bones—and in her blood. Though she grew up with the city’s highest aristocrats, far from her father’s old lodge, she knows that the forest holds secrets and that her father is the only hunter who’s ever come close to discovering them. So when her father loses his fortune and moves Yeva and her sisters back to the outskirts of town, Yeva is secretly relieved. Out in the wilderness, there’s no pressure to make idle chatter with vapid baronessas…or to submit to marrying a wealthy gentleman. But Yeva’s father’s misfortune may have cost him his mind, and when he goes missing in the woods, Yeva sets her sights on one prey: the creature he’d been obsessively tracking just before his disappearance. Deaf to her sisters’ protests, Yeva hunts this strange Beast back into his own territory—a cursed valley, a ruined castle, and a world of creatures that Yeva’s only heard about in fairy tales. A world that can bring her ruin or salvation. Who will survive: the Beauty, or the Beast?

Publication March 14th 2017. PLEASE LET THIS BE GOOD. Beauty and the beast retellings are my life. I have never read anything by this author before, but this blurb almost sounds too good to be true. The fact that the trend of (fairytale) retellings is still going strong in 2017 makes me extremely happy.


-- 
Maggie Stiefvater – Darknovel & Girlnovel. Nothing known about Foolishnovel

Untitled as of yet, but going by the code name 'darknovel' on Stiefvater's blog, will be her next YA novel, a paranormal standalone, about "creepy Colorado magic" and "dust" and is loosely based on a story she wrote in 2008 as a riff on a fear that dogged her in her early teen years.

You can follow anything Stiefvater wants to share about it on her Tumblr blog in the #darknovel tag. She started writing it four months after finishing The Raven Kingand it is supposed to be the next novel she publishes. According to a tweet from 03/25 she is in the process of finishing it up now.

Untitled as of yet, but going by the code name 'girlnovel' on Stiefvater's blog, will be her first adult novel, paranormal, standalone, and will involve "a pack of girl street-racers" and "bad decisions". The narrator of the novel will be named Hennessy. You can follow anything Stiefvater wants to share about it on her blog in the #girlnovel tag.
I loved everything about The Raven Cycle (with The Raven Boys, The Dream Thieves, Blue Lily Lily Blue and The Raven King) and count is also one of my all time favorite series, so I'm highly anticipating everything Stiefvater will write in the future. I have yet to read The Scorpion Races and her Shiver series, so at least I have some things to look forward to.



--- 

August 2017. Another author that makes me want to read anything she writes. I loved Shadow and Bones + Siege and storm and I am the biggest fan of Six of Crows, so I have high hopes for Wonder Woman.


--- 


Strange the Dreamer is the story of: 
the aftermath of a war between gods and men 
a mysterious city stripped of its name 
a mythic hero with blood on his hands 
a young librarian with a singular dream 
a girl every bit as perilous as she is imperiled 
alchemy and blood candy, nightmares and godspawn, moths and monsters, friendship and treachery, love and carnage. 
Welcome to Weep.

March 28th 2017. I fell in love with her stunning writing in her Daughter of Smoke and Bone series (with Daughter of Smoke and Bone, Days of Blood and Starlight and Dreams of Gods and Monsters). It has been too long. I can't wait.

---

Sybella and Beast to the treacherous French Court with the Duchess Anne, where a mysterious mole from the convent may or may not have gone rogue

2018. You have NO IDEA how happy this makes me. I may have cried some happy tears. If you ask me for my favorite series, I think I will name this one after Harry Potter. It is glorious and the fact that the sequel is about my two favorite characters in the series, makes me even happier.




So, what books are you waiting for?
author image

Mel@thedailyprophecy

Mel is a microbiology technician who is obsessed with Disney, fairytale retellings and fantasy. If she's not reading or blogging, she's either busy with gaming, hanging out with family or watching a TV show. She loves summer and bright nail polish. One of her dreams is to travel the world. She has found her Prince Charming and they are together for 7+ years.

9 comments:

  1. OOoh nice! Quite a few of these weren't known to me! Thanks for the heads up!!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not knew that Mark was to publisher book back 2011 , he's due to publish a another book anywhy.It sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaah I didn't know there was going to be another His Fair Assassin book! I need to read number 3 asap. This is so exciting!
    Also can't wait for those Maggie Stiefvater books! And actually most of the books on this list haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHHHH THERE'S A HIS FAIR ASSASSIN 4??!! AHHHHH! I can't wait for Maggie Stiefvater's books - I will read her shopping lists! (even though she recently rebuked me about that on twitter lol) (and OMG THAT RONAN POV TRILOGY SHE'S OUTLINING????? OMG YES OMG YESOMG AHHHHH NOAH DESERVES BETTER) Leigh Bardugo's writing is a must, and boy is Marissa Meyer busy! She has that Iko duology coming out, Heartless, and a new novel/series?! WOW. Busy bee! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok this is the first I have heard of Markus Zusak's new book so I will be immediately adding that to my TBR. When does that even come out? Next year? *sobs*

    I'm sad that Strange the Dreamer was pushed back! Then again I guess it's good because there's more time to make the book perfect. Also pretty much every book you've listed here I want to buy NOW haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ALL of the Maas. ALL of the Stiefvater (ESPECIALLY her new RONAN trilogy OMG) All of the Schwab. And Laini Taylor of course :D I'm jumping up and down on my chair just thinking about all of those^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a wonderful list of upcoming books! I am really looking forward to reading Heartless and The Song Rising. I can't wait to see what our favourite authors will come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  8. There are SO MANY BOOKS on this list that I also want in my hands!! I'm especially excited for new Sarah J. Maas because I love her so :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhh :D I am also SO excited about so many of these upcoming books. <3 Sigh. New Marissa Meyer sounds awesome :D They all do. Thank you for sharing Mel. <3 Lovely post, as always :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible. Remember to return to see my reply! :)

Copyright © 2012 The Daily Prophecy
Template and Design by Hopeless Romantics
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0