Monthly recap July '16 | Theme park, all the books & return to the hairdresser.

Monthly-recap_thumb6This post recaps my month: my personal life, all the books I’ve read & bought, movies and TV shows I’ve seen and links to posts that interest me.
OUAT_thumb3This was a good eventful month!

Hair2The first thing that happened was going back to the hairdresser. Last time it did not turn out how I wanted it, so I got a refund and the opportunity to have it fixed at one of their other locations. It is PERFECT now. I will definitely return to that location in the future to get it touched up again, because I'm digging the purple :) 

The second fun thing is that I went to a theme park with my boyfriend, his brother + girlfriend and sister. I'm not into rollercoasters (I don't mind the height of the speed, but I dislike the feeling), but I had a great time nonetheless! It is a fairytale themed park, so there is enough to do and see for me. We also hunted down Pokemons together, which was fun. (Shout out to other members of Team blue :D)

I had two book club meetings, where we ate Indian food the first time and an amazing brownie, chocolate mousse and vanilla ice cream dessert the second time. I also had a sleep-over. My boyfriend was on a school trip for ten days, so my sister stayed over for two days and it was great! Quality time and a swoony movie. Tonight I'm going out for dinner with my parents, so this month is also filled with lots of good food.

I went shopping with my mother and sister, bought tons of clothes and then ordered some more (buying lots of dresses for vacation is a nice excuse, right?) I also received my order from RedBubble and I'm so enthusiastic about their stickers! Such good quality and I love their fast shipping.

I'm still in a blog slump and I am just taking my time. I might need to reconsider what I want for this blog. I'm slowing getting back into commenting though, so that is good news and writing about bullet journaling has helped a lot, so I'm definitely going to continue that. 

And my vacation started! Three weeks of freedom.
bookhaul_thumb2
BooksNevernight
844495122840374235922352373462825982869274113952720945530320053
262445486913918811351225486998

Okay, this haul is much larger than I anticipated! I started to type 'in my defense' but discovered that I don't really have a good excuse, haha. I just wanted to get them and looking back on my previous hauls, I think it's time to put myself on hold the next months and only get my most anticipated books.


I bought the e-book from Scarlet Epstein hates it here from Anna Breslaw for the bookclub and let me just say it nicely, it was definitely not for me. I also found really cheap ebooks from Carry on by Rainbow Rowell, Am I normal yet? by Holly Bourne and the bundled version of his 12 fairy books by Andrew Lang. My ebook from Wanderlost by Jen Malone was a recommendation from Daisy and Debby, so I'm going to trust them.
Diane Zahler – A true princess was up for a bargain price, so I decided to snag a copy. Sara Saedi – Never ever & Aesop – Aesop's illustrated fables & PS I like you by Kasie West & The Arabian Nights by Anonymous & Poison by Bridget Zinn also found their way into my shopping bag. I read Poison a few years ago and I loved it, so it was about time I got a copy.  I am in love with the concept of adventure books, so I had to get Ryan North – Romeo and/or Juliet.
Debby donated her ARC copy from Nevernight by Jay Kristoff and I am nervous/excited to find out how I feel about it. I couldn't resist to download an eARC from Long may she reign by Rhiannon Thomas from Edelweiss. Thanks Harper!
Read_thumb5Again, not a month where I finished many books. I definitely need to catch up and perhaps cheat a little with shorter books. At least I read three of my high anticipated books and I loved them!

1. Renee Ahdieh – The Wrath and The Dawn (reread) 5/5.
2. Renee Ahdieh – The Rose and The Dagger. 5+/5.
3. Audrey Greathouse – The Neverland Wars. 2/5.
4. Maggie Stiefvater – The Raven King. 4/5.
5. Anna Breslaw – Scarlet Epstein Hates it Here. 1/5.
6. Sarah J. Maas – A Court of Mist and Fury. 4/5.

Watched_thumb5
Movies.
1. Captain America: civil wars. AND IT WAS ABOUT TIME. That was good.
2. Now you see me. I liked it.
3. The big wedding. Such a strange movie, but it was swoony too.
4. Snakes on a plane. HAHA.
5. X-men: apocalypse. Oh. I really liked it! Hello young Magneto.

TV shows.
1. Finished Orange is the new black season 4 and the wait will be long and hard. My favorite season so far!
2. I started Marco Polo season 2, am now on episode 2, and it is a bit slow and hard to get back into.
3. White Collar. Finished. I really wish they hadn't cancelled it, but the ending is satisfying enough.
4. New Girl season 5 done. I liked it.
5. Black Sails, season 1, episode 4. Addictive.

How was your July?

13 comments

  1. Amazing how you had the courage to dye your hair purple. I love the color and ombre and I think it's a bold move but you pull it off so well!

    I recently ordered a sticker on Redbubble and was amazed by the quality of their products and shipping. The sticker is much thinker than I anticipated but on the other hand you know it won't tear or come off easily or whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a MASSIVE crush on Michael Fassbender who plays young Magneto and in X-Men Apocalypse, I found him especially yummy. His hair was just dreamy ♥.♥ And speaking of hair? Yours is GLORIOUS! I see the different from last time and well...WOW!! You sound like you had a great July with lots of yummy food and family time! GREAT haul too, I can't wait to see how you like Carry On :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm curious about your opinion of Nevernight - I've seen some conflicting reviews around. I loved Carry On, by the way, so I hope you'll enjoy it, too!

    I'm glad to hear you liked both Ahdieh books - I have the first one ligned up to read and I was worried all the rave reviews of the first one would fizzle out when the second one came around.

    Have a great August! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair is AMAZING!!! I wish I could pull off two colors like that! It sounds like you had a fantastic month.I love The Wrath and the Dawn and I stoked you enjoyed it.

    I'm in a weird slump to but I'm kind of ok posting whenever I feel like it. So when it happens it happens and when it doesn't oh well. I feel like my post are better when I care and I'm not just doing it because I have to. I hope next month is just as awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That purple hair looks so beautiful, it really suits you Mel! I'm so excited you got Nevernight and you enjoyed TWATD. I hope you're not quitting blogging Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every one of those books I'd like to read. Happy August!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh you're hair looks AMAZING!!! <3 Looks like you had a fabulous month! I hope August is just as wonderful for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG YOUR HAIR IS STUNNING!! I LOVE IT!! I'm so glad you got to have it redone so you were happy with it. :') So so worth it omg.
    And that's such a gorgeous selection of books. Who needs a reason to have a large haul anyway, right?!? BOOKS FTW.😂 I'm really excited for Long May She Reign and have my fingers crossed for an approval heheh. And I'm about to order Never Night! EEEP. I only hear good things so I'm hoping it lives up to the hype. ;)

    I hope you have a good August!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you got your hair sorted. It's even more beautiful now! Ooh, so many amazing new books! I need to get the new Kasie West asap!

    I was a bit 'meh' with the new Captain America, mostly because it felt more like Avengers 3 than a Cap movie. I looove Now You See Me! The second one is AMAZING! I loved OITNB! I can't wait to see what's going to happen in S5, especially after how it ended. White Collar was so good! I was so upset when I finished season 6. I need more Neal and Peter.

    I'm glad you had such a wonderful July. I hope August is just as amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That purple looks AWESOME. I've heard purple dye fades quickly, though, is that true? Also, a fairy tale themed amusement park sounds like just my kind of day. I REALLY enjoyed Captain America, even if the projector kept cutting out in my theater halfway through. I'm glad your July was so awesome and I hope August is just as great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love your hair! It's so pretty :) Sounds like you had a busy but fun month. Are you talking about Sprookjesbos or Efteling? It's been a long time since I went to Sprookjesbos so I don't even know if that's really a theme park haha. Anyway I love the Efteling! I watched The Big Wedding a few years ago and really enjoyed it. I think I laughed out loud a few times, though it's been a while so don't quote me on this haha

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay books and yay for a good month! Also, I really, really, REALLY love your hair. It looks so magical :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yaaay :D So glad you had an awesome july sweet girl. <3 Love reading about what you did :) All the hugs. And still so so happy that your hair ended up being the way you wanted it to be :D Yess. I hope your August is going so good. <3 All the hugs. And ee, yay for getting so many books :D I loooove Carry On. <3 And Nevernight is the best. Gosh. I hope you love it the most :) Happy reading. <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible.