Monthly recap '16 June | Purple hair, don't care!

Monthly-recap_thumb6This post recaps my month: my personal life, all the books I’ve read & bought, movies and TV shows I’ve seen and links to posts that interest me.
OUAT_thumb3This month was filled with lots of good food! What a surprise, haha, but we had a lot of occasions to celebrate.

First we took my mother for her birthday to La Cubanita (tapas) as a surprise. I went a second time to La Cubanita to catch up with some friends. It was fun to hang out with them. Then I had tapas at another restaurant with my book club, which was great as always!

We went out for dinner for my father's birthday (sushi) and then to celebrate it with the family we ordered some food and I got a fantastic burger with fries. For father's day we went to a world restaurant where you could eat all kinds of food, so that was awesome.

And yesterday I had sushi with a few of my colleagues and it was nice!

Other things I did:
I had my yearly review (been working there for 6 months now) and they are really positive.

I got my ear pierced! Finally! I'm scared of needles, but I've been talking about getting one for years and I finally decided to do it. I got an auricle, which is basically a lower helix. You can see it in the picture here, together with my new hair! It did not turn out how I wanted it, but I'm loving the purple color.


This month I spend a lot of time working on my bulletjournal (expect a new post about this soon!) and I attempted some doodles with handlettering.



bookhaul_thumb2



 

I have a nice haul this month! I got this beautiful signed edition from one of my favorite books, The book thief, from my dear friend Debby as a late birthday present <3 I've heard great things about The unexpected Everything – Morgan Matson from her, so I decided to buy a copy. I have the two sequels to Maria Snyder - Storm Glass, so I can finally start this series. Rebel of the sands by Alwyn Hamilton has a lot of love and I am curious to give it a try. I LOVE the cover from The flights and chimes and mysterious times. I loved the first book in the Fairyland series and I'm happy with my copy from Creative lettering and beyond. And next to these books I decided to add a few movies to my collection. I finally got Wreck-it-Ralph, Rio, Frankenweenie, Monsters University, Tinkerbell the pirate fairy, The good dinosaur and the BBC classic edition with North and South – my favorite! I can't wait to watch Hotel Transylvania part 2 and A true princess was a bargain.
Read_thumb5This was a slow month.. 

1. G.R Mannering – Roses. Disappointing.
2. Hand, Meadows & Ashton – My lady Jane.
3. Sharon Biggs Waller – The forbidden orchid. Very disappointing.
4. G. R Mannering – Buds (novella)
5. Lis Metzger – Changes places with me. So weird. Did not like it.
6. Maggie Stiefvater – Blue Lily, Lily Blue (reread)
7. Mindy McGinnis – The female of species. So disappointing *cries* Not for me. 

Watched_thumb5
Movies.
Deadpool. FINALLY. I LOVED IT
The do-over. Was okay.
Far from the maddening crowd. What a horrible movie. Such a stupid girl.
Zootopia. FANTASTIC.

TV shows.
Game of thrones, entire season and damn, what a good season it was! The two last episodes were amazing! I don't want to wait another year, but at least it didn't end like the previous season. And all my favorites are still alive, so that is a good thing, haha.
New girl, it's getting better. Up-to-date.
Marco Polo: hundred eyes. Interesting extra episode. I find him fascinating.
Orange is the new black: YEEEES. I'm on episode 9 now.
Big Bang Theory: up to date, not too bad.
Jane the Virgin: on episode 13, season 1. I like it.


How was your June?

29 comments

  1. Happy belated birthday to your momma and papa! It's tough to find a group of people you can work well with, so I'm happy for you that you fit perfectly :) I'm also terrified of needles, I got my ears pierced for the first time in October but don't think I can do anything more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure if I am brave enough to get a new piercing any time soon :p

      Delete
  2. Love the hair! I really want to get my ear pierced this summer as well, I haven't quit decided what kind of piercing I want exactly haha, or even what ear.
    I loooove la cubanita, I ate there with two high school friends recently. So much food haha!
    Can't wait for another BuJo post, love your doodles, I really need to practice more. I don't have a talent for it AT ALL! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy for you that you got such great feedback from work. That's amazing! Also: I am hungry after reading your post. Thanks :) Will go hunt for food now and think about piercing my ear (a thought that's coming back every two months).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been thinking about getting one for such a long time and I'm so happy I finally did! So I say do it :D

      Delete
  4. Mel, your hair looks so cool! And that's great about the job feedback :D

    Also, I finally watched Deadpool for the first time this month too (now I've watched it twice) and I LOVE IT SO MUCH. It's so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mel, your hair looks so cool! And that's great about the job feedback :D

    Also, I finally watched Deadpool for the first time this month too (now I've watched it twice) and I LOVE IT SO MUCH. It's so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your hair! I hope you enjoy all the books and movies you got - I've only seen Wreck-It Ralph and Rio, but both were fun movies. Hopefully the others will be too. And I just saw Zootopia last week and thought it was great! Out of all the books you got/read, I've only read Rebel of the Sands. I thought it was pretty good, but it wasn't my favorite. I hope you enjoy it though!

    I absolutely LOVE your bullet journal doodles! They're so pretty *heart eyes* Whenever I try to do handlettering, I fail miserably. But hopefully I'll get better with practice.

    It's also awesome that you're fitting in at work! Microbiology sounds like a really interesting field :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the hair and your doodles! :D Also, YAAAASSS DEADPOOL & ZOOTOPIA. <3 That's a nice haul Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your hair looks amazing! I'm so jealous, I want to dye my hair a pretty colour now. And your ear piercing looks good too :)

    I've been thinking about starting a bullet journal too, but I'd probably forget to continue with it, haha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What is holding you back from dyeing your hair too? :D

      Delete
  9. I have that same piercing... it's not so bad to get done. :-)
    Happy July!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great work on the review, it sounds like you have been doing awesomely. I love all the food outing recaps and the new hair and piercing Mel, you look gorgeous! Have a fabulous month ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great work on the review, it sounds like you have been doing awesomely. I love all the food outing recaps and the new hair and piercing Mel, you look gorgeous! Have a fabulous month ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on getting a positive review at work AND for being invited out to eat and to be FB friends with colleague! You must be so proud :) Again, you look gorgeous, I love purple and I love piercings LOL! YAY for loving Deadpool, I loved it SO MUCH too :D Gorgeous journaling as always ♥ and I got excited seeing the Fairyland books in your haul!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You purple hair is amazing! I love it. And how cool is it that you got a signed copy of The Book Thief?! Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I want that new edition of The Book Thief - it looks SO pretty!! And I can't get over how pretty your hair looks with the purple! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. sad to hear that your reading month was slow. I'm loving the purple hair. Purple is my fav color

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so terrified of GoT. 😂 I mean, I WANT TO KNOW but I also really wanted to read the book first...because I know it's going to be different (GRRM keeps saying so, doesn't he?) and if I see the show first I'll feel like the book is the wrong one. And omg that's not good for my brain. WAH. So totally having a dilemma about that.
    But yay for things going nicely at work! and also delicious birthday celebrations! AND ALSO THE BOOK THIEF OMG DOUBLE YAY. And double wail too. </3 I love that book but omg it hurts. ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The books and show are definitely different, but I think I actually prefer the TV show!

      Delete
  17. Your hair looks utterly stunning! I got my ears pierced when I was 3 and I remember it really hurt XD

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations on finally getting your ear pierced Mel, it looks so nice! And I love it when you're able to experience so many different places to eat, I definitely was able to splurge this month too! I absolutely loved Rebel of the Sands, so I hope you so too, and I can't wait to finally get to The Unexpected Everything! I hope you have a great July! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. A month filled with food is never a bad thing! Ahh, and I love your hair! Everyone where I work, it would seem, has fun hair colors, but I am deeply afraid of doing that, though it looks so cool.

    I seriously wish I could doodle like you! I can do some stick figures? :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely recap Mel :D YAY for loving the newest season of Game of Thrones. <3 I did too. So much. And YAY for Zootopia :D Best movie. <3 I haven't seen Deadpool yet, but sooon. So glad you loved it :) Yay for having had a good month. <3 Hugs. Thank you for sharing about what you have done :) Love all the books that you got. So pretty :D And eee, so glad your hair is the way you want it now. <3 (from twitter, hih) Hope July is the best for you :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Glad to hear you're doing amazingly in your job! That's fantastic Mel :)

    I completely adore your hair! It looks pretty here, but the colour now is just so gorgeous! You really suit it like that! :)

    I've not been having particularly good reading months lately. All the books seems so meh. DEADPOOL IS AMAZING! I've seen it like 3 times and I love it even more everytime. Ryan Reynolds is just perfect in it. I need to see Hotel Transylvania 2!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the hair was okay, but it is perfect right now :D

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible.