Friday, February 12, 2016 10:07

4th Blogoversary | Get to know me: music.

This is the start of my celebration for my 4th blogoversary. I've been so busy lately, that I didn't have the time to post this on the right date. February 4th was the moment where I started this blog, a short time after I discovered Goodreads and the blogosphere.

For my first blogoversary I looked at some of my stats and my first friends (1st blogoversary post) My second started with a new design (the one I still have), I shared 10 random facts about me, my blogging methods and I talked about some of my favorite TV shows at that time. I sort of forgot about my third blogoversary and I didn’t have the time to celebrate it, but I thought it was time to throw another party!

I think it’s great to get to know a blogger on a more personal level. It changes someone from a face behind the computer screen to a real life person. This is one of the reasons I started doing Monthly recaps (and how I enjoy writing them!) and why I started Mel in Movieland, because I love so many other things besides reading. I think tags are a great way to get more personal too, like the 20 things you might not know about me tag. I opened up a lot on my blog by sharing my bullying story, my fear of making language mistakes and by telling that I’m socially awkward. I think it’s fantastic that I’m able to share all these things with you guys and how supportive you always are.

I told you before that Blogging has changed my life in so many ways – and I still stand behind everything I said. I am now friends with so many inspiring people who motivate me. If I look at how much I have grown as a blogger and how many things I still want to explore, I don’t think I will grow tired of blogging any time soon. Thank you all for sticking around and for being the awesome you.

Now on to the purpose of this post; after a quick look through my older posts, I realized I have never talked about music before. I am someone who listens to music all the time, especially while I’m reading. Silence makes me nervous and too aware of other noises, so I love to put on some of my favorite music. I’ve gone through a lot of different music styles. When I was younger I was a big fan of rock. Kamelot, Nightwish and Within Temptation are three bands I was obsessed with. Nowadays I prefer slower and softer music, so almost everything I listen to is Folk/Indie.


Mumford and sons
This band started my love. They are a British folk rockband from London. Marcus Mumford, Winston Marshall, Ben Lovett and Ted Dwane also started in 2007. In 2013 they went on a break with no end date, but in 2014 they luckily returned and they released a new album this year with a different sound. I think Wilder Mind is my favorite album by this band so far. Check out their number Home, which I can’t find on any cd. It’s amazing. I am also incredibly excited, because I managed to purchase two tickets for their concert in May this year. It's my second concert ever and I am thrilled I was fast enough to buy those tickets.

First aid kit
Swedish folkduo with the sisters Johanna and Klara Söderberg. They started in 2007 and write their own music. They have four albums and their last two (The lion’s roar and Stay gold) are my favorite ones. I adore: To a poet, Stay gold and A long time ago.

Header_zps1506243f
An American folk rockband from Denver. Gitarist and singer Wesley Schultz, drummer and mandolin player Jeremiah Fraitest and celiste, pianist and mandolin playster Neyla Pakerek. They have one album and I’m in love with Ho Hey and Stubborn love. Their new album is on the way.

Hurricane love
I recently discovered Hurricane love, a Swedish band, and I just can’t stop listening to their songs. I’m forever sad that this group recently announced that they stopped. They started in 2012 and released one album. It’s crazy that people who are so passionate and who can sing SO beautiful live are so unknown. Just listen to it: Nowhere to go (acoustic live) and Only human (acoustic live)

bear's den
A British alternative folk band from West London, started in 2012. Numbers: Agape, The love we stole, Above the clouds of Pompeii and A year ago today.

Passenger
Passenger is the artist name of the British singer-songwriter Michael Rosenberg. He has a total of seven albums and he makes folk, indie pop and indie rock songs. He has so many good songs, here is one to get the idea of what he makes: Fear of fear.

Some random numbers I really like:
Boy & Bear – Southern sun.
Tom Odell – Another love.
Sia – Elastic heart.
The head and the heart – Josh McBride. (live version)
Mighty oaks – Just one day.
Vance Joy - Fire & Flood. I think you might know him from Riptide.
Jason Isaac - Waiting here.
Matthew and the Atlas - I followed fires.

I'm also a fan of Adele, Birdy and Coldplay. That’s it you guys! Here is an idea of what type of music I listen too.

Do you have any recommendations? Do you also like any of these bands?
author image

Mel@thedailyprophecy

Mel is a microbiology technician who is obsessed with Disney, fairytale retellings and fantasy. If she's not reading or blogging, she's either busy with gaming, hanging out with family or watching a TV show. She loves summer and bright nail polish. One of her dreams is to travel the world. She has found her Prince Charming and they are together for 7+ years.

26 comments:

  1. AHH THIS IS GREAT!! AND HAPPY BLOGVERSARY! *flings cake and confetti at you* Omg, I love The Lumineers too. <3 And also Coldplay and Civil Wars and Imagine Dragons. xD I don't listen to them a lot though, because, weirdly, I do actually really like silence. :P But music is epicness, pure epicness. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy blogoversary Mel! I don't know most of these to be quite honest. Or I know their numbers when I hear them but didn't actually know it was from them. I also love Adele and Sia. I have a very broad taste in music though. My recent loves are finalists from the Voice US Matt McAndrew and Sawyer Frederickx. But then I also love Sam Smith, MIKA, RED, SPYAIR, Our Last Night, Fleetwood Mac, Elton John, Bon Jovi and about a hundred others. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Sam Smith (not a fan :p), Elton John and Bon Jovi. I don't recognize the other names, will check it out!

      Delete
  3. Happy blogoversary! I love learning about what type of music people love, especially when it's similar to what I listen to because I always discover new recs :) I LOVED The Lumineers first album (I was obsessed) and I'm so excited that their new one is about to release. They've released Ophelia (I listened on Spotify), if you want to take a listen. I also enjoy Passenger, so I'm very much looking forward to discovering the rest of these. I was in need of some new tunes, so this was perfect timing, too. I think you'll enjoy Ben Howard. I discovered him last year and I recommend starting with Only Love and I Forget Where We Were.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ophelia is GREAT. Oh yes, I know Ben Howard :D

      Delete
  4. Just dropping by to say Happy Blogoversary! It really makes me happy to see blogger I admire make it far. And you’re one of those blogger I look up to! Even though I’m out of the loop music wise, but I appreciate these little tidbits about you that you share with us! Again congrats~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy blogging anniversary! I'm so glad we've gotten to know each other more this past year <3 As for the music, I really like The Lumineers and Adele as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too & on to a year where we get to know each other even better!

      Delete
  6. YAY :D Happy belated blogoversary Mel. <3 Four years is AWESOME :D I hope you'll never stop blogging. <3 All the hugs. I think you are amazing :) And I adore your blog. This post is so lovely. Thank you for sharing sweetie :D I don't listen to any of these, but ahh, you are making me curious :D I shall have to look them up. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeay, let me know when you get the chance to listen to any of them :)

      Delete
  7. Happy blogoversary! I absolutely adore your blog! <3

    I LOVE this kind of music too. I'm actually listening to Mumford & Sons right now as I heard one of their songs the other day (Tompkins Square Park) and I totally fell in love with it so now I'm listening to more of their stuff. You must also give All I Want by Kodaline a listen, it's really good as well as 9 Crimes, I Don't Want to Change You and Amie by Damien Rice. You might like those too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that means a lot to me <3 Oh yes, I love 9 crimes!

      Delete
  8. Happy Blogoversary! I loved that you're changing it up and talking about something personal. I think it's important to get to know the face behind the screen too. I love Vance Joy myself, and yes, to Passenger! I also really love Imagine Dragons, Griffin Peterson, A Great Big World, Shawn Mendes and James Bay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Imagine dragons, have heard of A great big world and James Bay. Will check out the other names!

      Delete
  9. Happy (late) blogoversary! I only know a few songs from The Lumineers and Passenger, but I do love those songs :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Blogoversary! I also really liked Mumford & Sons new album, Wilder Mind. And I also love Birdy! I haven't heard of the others, but I think if you like The Lumineers and Birdy and Coldplay, you might like Bastille or Of Monsters and Men!

    For me, I've really been getting into Hurts, and also Kate-Miller Heidke!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy 4th blogoversary Mel! I really enjoy your personal posts and this offered more insight into the wonderful you! I actually haven't heard of any of these bands, but my tastes are pretty oldschool lol (R&B 90s)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy blogoversary, Mel!! I love your blog so much and all the amazing content and heart and soul you pour into your posts. Ooh I have some new music to listen to, thanks for the recs! I really enjoy Adele and Coldplay's music too :)

    Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books

    ReplyDelete
  13. HAPPY BLOGOVERSARY!!! 4 years of blogging! Thats crazy!!! I haven't even been blogging for 4 months! Also music recommendations give me life! I'm always looking for new bands and artists to listen too so thank you so much for that! Also may I just say NEVER STOP BLOGGING I love your blog! Good luck with everything though and I cant wait to see what you come up with for blogoversary #5 ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I do hope to be around for a long time ;)

      Delete
  14. I am TOTALLY checking out First Aid Kit, because I have am obsession with Swedes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible. Remember to return to see my reply! :)

Copyright © 2012 The Daily Prophecy
Template and Design by Hopeless Romantics
Toptal (Topal) / CC BY-SA 3.0