TTT | 2015 releases I meant to read (but didn't)


I'm going to cheat and use an older TTT that I forgot to share. Every year I try to read as many books as possible, but in the end you always find out there are still a billion other book waiting for you. I think 2015 has been the most spectacular year so far, with many publication that made me wish I had an endless amount of time (and money) Here are ten books published in 2015 that I was planning to read, but then didn't.

d2146906018054085

Sabaa Tahir – An ember in the ashes.
This book was really hyped up, but then the negative reviews started to pour in on my feed and I lost track of it. I might pick it up anyway, but it's not high on my priority list anymore.
Marie Rutkoski – The winner's crime.
I have no excuses for this one. I definitely need to get a copy and read it.
Julie Kagawa – Iron warrior.
I simply forgot this book was released this year. Definitely a book I want to read any time soon.



21936988194013481718549623719270

Melinda Salisbury – The sin eater's daughter.
I fell in love with the cover and I loved the sound of the blurb, so I bought it – until I found all the negative reviews. I'm still going to read it, but I haven't been very enthusiastic.
Elizabeth May – The vanishing throne.
MUST HAVE IT SOON.
Stephanie Oakes – The sacred lies of Minnow Bly.
Perfect book for this year.
Erin Bowman – Vengeance road.
First, I was waiting for reviews to decided whether it would be something for me. Then, other books happened.

206430522412051924397040

Rachel Cain – Ink and bone.
Why I haven't read this one yet? Good question. I will change that soon.
Ransom Riggs – Library of souls.
I bought it and saved it to read around Halloween, but then I got so busy I hardly touched a book. I wasn't in the mood for this around Christmas, so 2016 will be the year.
Liz Braswell – A whole new world.
Really simple. I haven't bought all the fairytale retellings in the world yet, because I was on a tight budget. I hope 2016 will give me more freedom to purchase this one (and all the others I have to get), despite the fact this has gotten some really bad reviews. I just want it.

18 comments

  1. An Ember In The Ashes is also on my TBR, I hope to get to it this year and read the second one too. The Vanishing Throne I did get to on 2015, right when it went up on Edelweiss I re-read The Falconer and them got to it, I just couldn't wait and it was so good, much more darker than the first book. Oh, you really should get to Vengeance Road, it's a great read, def didn't expected to like as much as I did. Ink and Bone wasn't on my radar until the great reviews and now is on my TBR too, but I think it will take me a while to get to it since there is already so many other books that I own. I tried A Whole New World last year but didn't worked for me, hope you have a better time with it when you try it.

    Deyse @ Bound With Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to re-read The falconer and then get as soon as possible to The vanishing throne.

      Delete
  2. I actually haven't gotten around to any of these either! I recently bought a copy of An Ember in the Ashes though, so I'm hoping to get to that one soon. I've heard nothing but good things about it which makes me kind of nervous, but also excited. I hope you get to these this year!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Library of Souls is a must read-great ending to the series!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh nice topic! And picks! I was the reader who pretty much dropped everything to read The Iron Warrior as soon as it landed on my doorstep! The wait had been TOO LOOOOONG! Lol!! Hope you get to read and enjoy all these soon!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. An Ember in the Ashes and Minnow Bly were both on my top ten list for 2015!! I highly recommend both of those! I hope you get to read some of these soon!

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  6. An Ember in the Ashes especially for me too but also Sin Eater's Daughter, Vengeance Road, Minnow Bly...and I still need to start The Iron Fey series, Winner's Curse and The Falconer *sigh* soooo many good books, sooo little time. I was gifted Ink and Bone though over the holidays from a blogger friend so hopefully that helps things along LOL! I hope you get to read ALL of these and many more in 2016 my friend ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, Mel, I really enjoyed An Ember in the Ashes! It's brutal and harsh, but it's so, so good, and I'm dying to read the sequel alrady. I also really think you'll enjoy The Winner's Crime (it's my favorite of the two that are out!), and Vengeance Road (which is such a fun revenge Western). Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brutal and harsh, sounds like something I would like ;)

      Delete
  8. Ahh, gorgeous list Mel :D I really hope you will be able to read all of these books soon sweetie. <3 But ugh. You haven't read The Winner's Crime yet?! AHH! :D It is perfect. Well, the most heartbreaking, but awesome. Also really liked The Vanishing Throne and Vengeance Road :) Happy reading sweet girl. <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Iron Warrion was kind of dissapointing :/ Yes, An Ember in the Ashes is soooo hyped up! I actually haven't heard anything bad yet though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I started The Sin Eater's Daughter but didn't get very far, I plan to start again. I want to read Ink and Bone
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings
    Enter my Ultimate Scavenger Hunt Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  11. I finally read The Winner's Crime this week. Girl. I barely survived. GOOD LUCK. <3
    Vengeance Road is an awesome story and very kickass, and I adored Ink and Bone.
    I still need to read The Falconer!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah, I was one of the ones who was disappointed in Ember in the ashes. I still managed to enjoy it though. I liked The Sin Eaters Daughter even though a few people didn't. And I LOVE Ink and Bone it's just an awesome diverse fantasy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope you get a chance to read these soon! You have some good books ahead of you =P

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haha we have a top (5) Tuesday's as well on our book blog! :D
    I bought An Ember In The Ashes right when it came out and I still haven't read it hhahaha. I don't even know why.
    Btw I love the layout on your blog!
    ~ Amber, http://thenamelessbookblog.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have lost interest in Ember of the Ashes too. Some of the facts stated in the reviews bothered me a lot, and I decided that the book isn't for me.
    Winner's Crime!!! I am dying to read it! I really enjoyed Winner's Curse, and I am hoping that I can find a copy soon so I can continue with Arin and Kestrel's story!
    A Whole New World was an underwhelming read for me! Hope you enjoy it better, Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Melinda Salisbury – The sin eater's daughter. <--- I need to read this one, too! That cover is simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible.