Hosted by: The broke and the Bookish.
I'm going to cheat here and list my top 20 favorite books that I read this year and that were also published in 2015, separated into different categories. I am talking about my favorite series starters, stand-alones, sequels and series conclusions.
1. Sarah J. Maas - A court of thorns and roses. Because: swoony romance, awesome characters. A retelling of Beauty and the beast.
2. Leigh Bardugo - Six of crows. Because: world-building, plot and cast <3 Six people need to free someone from a highly secured place.
3. Jodi Meadows - The orphan queen. Because: snark.
4. Renee Ahdieh - The wrath and the dawn. Because: plot and characters. Based on Thousand and one night.
5. Becky Wallace - The storyspinner. Because: really enjoyable writing-style.
6. Rae Carson - Walk on earth a stranger. Because: it is Rae Carson.
7. Victoria Schwab - A darker shade of magic. Because: different sorts of London, amazing characters and fantastic villains.
1. Kasie West - The fill-in boyfriend. Because: snark! Character development.
2. Patrick Ness - The rest of us just live here. Because: unique promise. It's all about the people who aren't the heroes.
3. Mindy McGinnis - A madness so discreet. Because: creepy.
4. Cat Winters - The uninvited. Because: touching end.
5. Sarah McGuire - Valiant. Because: use of a not-so-popular fairytale.
6. Naomi Novik - Uprooted. Because: beauty and the beast retelling! Great writing.
1. Sarah J. Maas - Queen of Shadows. Because: Celaena. Magic. Action. Manon.
2. Libba Bray - Lair of dreams. Because: subtle creepiness.
3. Samantha Shannon - The mime order. Because: it's brilliant.
1. Marissa Meyer - Winter. Because: it's all you could ask for. Saying goodbye is hard though.
2. Susan Ee - End of days. Because: gore and bloody.
3. A. C Gaughen - Lion heart. Because: Scarlet <3
4. Heidi Schulz - The pirate code. Because: puzzles! Sarcastic voice.
Do we have books in common? What were your favorite books from 2015?