Tuesday, September 15, 2015 06:00

Queen of shadows blog tour. Dressing up the girls.


Today it's my stop in the Queen of Shadows blog tour, set up by the unofficial street team that goes by the name Maas Thirteen. I'm happy to be part of it for the second time. The first time we had the Thirteen days of ash and fire, where I made a chart, this time it's for QOS. I haven't read the book yet, so please stay away from any spoilers! This post is also free from spoilers for any of the books.

For my fairytale retelling challenge July I made a modern version of Belle. I decided to do the same thing for this blog tour, by dressing up the girls in some modern yet fitting outfits. I also tried to match their names to their handwriting (at least, what I have in mind)

September 7 – Judith (Paper Riot)
September 8 – Jaz (Fiction in Fiction in Fiction)
September 9 – Kelly (Belle of the Literati)
September 10 – Andi (Andi’s ABCs)
September 11 – Gillian (Writer of Wrongs)
September 14 – Kim & Wendy (The Midnight Garden)
September 15 – Mel (The Daily Prophecy)
September 16 – Gina (Behind the Pages)
September 17 – Nicole (The Quiet Concert)
September 18 – Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner)
September 21 – Katie (Polished Page-Turners)
September 22 – Rachel (Hello, Chelly)
September 23 – Alexa (Alexa Loves Books)


PurchaseAustralia: Bloomsbury | Booktopia | Bookworld

International: Amazon | Barnes and Noble | IndieBound | Book Depository
E-book: Kobo | iBooks
Audiobook: Audible

Author Links: Website || Blog || Twitter || Pinterest || Tumblr || Instagram

CelaenaCelaena is a combination of tough and girly. Throughout the series we see how she enjoys wearing pretty dresses and how she rocks her nightly looks with tight (leather) clothes. I tried to find the right balance between the two by giving her a lacy top with a fake leather jacket on top of it. A simple jeans with some rips and leather boots makes this outfit complete. Her long, blonde hair is pulled back in an easy ponytail and she wears a bracelet that she could always turn into a weapon. I had to include a cute little dog of course, because Fleetfoot is an important pet. She likes to sit in the back and she has no friends, but also no enemies. She likes to be by herself and despite the fact it looks like she doesn’t care, she always has good grades.
Nehemia

Nehemia has long, black hair in braids and dark skin. I went with a modern braid (unfortunately couldn’t find one with black hair) and a dress that would look awesome with her skin tone. The pattern also made me think about her country, Ellwye. I gave her some easy sandals and golden earrings, because she prefers to wear golden toned jewellery. Nehemia would be the ‘nerdy’ girl; always on time, friends with all the teachers and she knows the answers on everything.

Manon
Manon Blackbeak, from the Witches, is touch. There is nothing sweet or girly about her. I went with a leather pants with a snake pattern, some boots and a shirt that basically says ‘don’t mess with me.’ She doesn’t take any effort with her hair, so I imagine her with a messy bun. If you are familiar with the series, you know that she loves her sharp nails. She would definitely be the rebel. Always late for class, getting into trouble and big mouths to teachers.

Maeve
Maeve is powerful and she loves it. She doesn’t need a lot, because she looks stunning and she knows it. I went with a simple dress, a very expensive watch and pointy flats as a wink to her ears. In modern time she would like to show off her beauty, so I gave her a braid that will pull attention to her face. She is the Queen Bee, the cheerleader who is adored by every boy and who is elected as most popular girl. She comes from a rich family and she knows how to use that in her advantage.

So, what is your favorite outfit and if you are familiar with the series, do you think it matches with the characters?

GIVEAWAY (OPEN INTERNATIONALLY) PRIZE: TWO copies of Queen of Shadows + 2 Throne of Glass tote bags a Rafflecopter giveaway
author image

Mel@thedailyprophecy

Mel is a microbiology technician who is obsessed with Disney, fairytale retellings and fantasy. If she's not reading or blogging, she's either busy with gaming, hanging out with family or watching a TV show. She loves summer and bright nail polish. One of her dreams is to travel the world. She has found her Prince Charming and they are together for 7+ years.

25 comments:

  1. I loved these outfits! I want to yank Celaena's style here! (I do want to substitute Manon's tank in sometimes though :) I think your picks for each character was spot on! I love that you even included Fleetfoot for Celaena!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, Fleetfoot is such an important presence. It showed another vulnerable side of her :)

      Delete
  2. This is a great idea, Mel! I love Manon's outfit, she's my favourite character so far (I haven't read QoS yet so that might change). I just love how powerful she is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Manon is a powerful force of nature, I love her too!

      Delete
  3. OH MY. These outfits are sooo gorgeous! I totally love all of them equally, and I feel you really captured Celaena's personality really well through the clothes. She's a combo of tough and girly, and the outfit really suits her :) Great job, Mel! And lovely post!

    Jillian @ Jillian's Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jillian! I also liked how her outfit turned out.

      Delete
  4. I'm in between Celaena and Nehemia. Thanks for sharing an awesome post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh.Wow. The outfit you picked for all of the ladies are absolute perfection Mel^^ I can totally picture Celaena, Nehemia, Manon and Maeve wearing those! I think that out of the bunch the Celaena and Manon ones are my favorite though. When I saw Celaena's, I was like: YES! And when I saw Manon's, I went MANON!!! LOL GREAT job again! ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes, I love their outfits the most too. I'd totally wear them.

      Delete
  6. De outfit van Celaena is zo gaaf, past echt heel goed bij haar! Ze is ook mijn favopersonage uit het boek, naast Chaol :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are AMAZING, great job!!! I think they reflect all 4 of the characters perfectly! I especially love Celaena's outfit but I'd probably wear all of them except Manon's haha. Can't pull that off but it's perfect for her. Love this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loooooove these. They are all so spot on too! Excellent selections -- this was such a fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhhh I love these outfits!! They are all so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahhhh I love these outfits!! They are all so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. If I had to choose, I'm a cross between Celeana and Manon.

    ~ Dre @ Sporadic Reads

    ReplyDelete
  12. I definitely think I'm a cross between Celaena and Nehemia! I really like the outfits you've chosen for this post, Mel. Thank you for being a part of the Queen of Shadows tour this year <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the dress from Nehemia's outfit would look great on you!

      Delete
    2. and thanks for having me a second time <3

      Delete
  13. Love the outfits you picked for Celaena, and Nehemia, they are so on point! These really bring to life the characters if they were alive, definitely showing their personality. Great outfits Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aw :D I love this post Mel. <3 The books aren't for me, but I like the dress thingy :D So much pretty. Thank you for sharing about it all. <3 Gorgeous blog tour post sweet girl.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can you believe I FINALLY purchased a copy of The Assassin's Blade and I'm FINALLY going to start this series?! I have trouble with fantasy books sometimes, so I've been hesitant to start... but after reading ACOTAR and absolutely falling in love with it, I knew it was officially time to start the TOG series!! I'm so EXCITED!!! :) I hope to start it in October. Yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mel, this post is freaking amazing. I LOVE ALL OF THESE OUTFITS. And want them all in my closet. Manon's might be my favorite - not because it's my style - but because it is SO PERFECT Manon. Great post!!! #MaasThirteen

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mel these outfits are PERFECT. The personalities you described are also exactly how I'd picture them in the modern day. My fav is definitely Celaena's outfit. I loooove blue and it would totally bring out her eyes. I love that the top is extremely elegant yet still has that edgy look.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible. Remember to return to see my reply! :)

Copyright © 2012 The Daily Prophecy
Template and Design by Hopeless Romantics
Toptal (Topal) / CC BY-SA 3.0