Friday, February 27, 2015 06:00

Alethea Kontis - Dearest book tour.

Tressa from Wishful endings contacted me on Twitter to see if I could help her out with her blog tour. I don't participate in many blog tours, but I'm always willing to help another blogger and I like this series. Enchanted was a great read. Hero let me down a little, but I'm curious about Dearest and Tressa was kind enough to send me a link through Netgalley, so keep an eye on the blog for an upcoming review.

A themed tour with Prism Book Tours.

Dearest
(Woodcutter Sisters, #3)
by Alethea Kontis
YA Fantasy
Hardcover & ebook, 320 Pages
February 3rd 2015 by HMH Books for Young Readers

Readers met the Woodcutter sisters (named after the days of the week) in Enchanted and Hero. In this delightful third book, Alethea Kontis weaves together some fine-feathered fairy tales to focus on Friday Woodcutter, the kind and loving seamstress. When Friday stumbles upon seven sleeping brothers in her sister Sunday’s palace, she takes one look at Tristan and knows he’s her future. But the brothers are cursed to be swans by day. Can Friday’s unique magic somehow break the spell?


The Other Woodcutter Sisters Books
 Hero (Woodcutter Sisters #2)
Links for Enchanted


Check out Alethea's Road Tour HEREWebsite - Goodreads - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Tumblr - Instagram - Pinterest

Tour-Wide Giveaway

3 Woodcutter Sisters Prize Packs (signed copies of Enchanted, Hero, & Dearest - US Only)
Ends March 8th



Follow the Tour
1 - Launch
2 - Lilac Reviews
3 - Special post @ Waterworld Mermaids
18 - Special post on Dear Teen Me

Tristan & Isolde Fairy Tale Rant Intro:
I have found that, during the process of writing a novel, I am drawn to certain entertainments in my off time. While writing Enchanted, I watched a lot of Jane Austen movies. While writing Hero, I was very drawn to the Summer Olympics...especially the women's swimming competitions. While writing Dearest, I re-watched most of Stargate: Atlantis...and all of Merlin.

Despite my unwavering love of fairy tales as a child, I was never a big fan of King Arthur and the legends that surrounded him. "Tristan and Isolde" is one of those legends, most famously portrayed in a three-act opera by Wagner in the 1850's. Tristan and Isolde are the quintessential star-crossed lovers—you know, the kind that burns brightly and ends badly. 

I did not wish an unhappy ending for my true loves in Dearest, but I did want a similar fire from my own Tristan. I will admit as well that my evil Mordant was loosely based on King Marke, and his sorceress, Gana...well...yes, I might have pulled her origin story a bit from Arthur as well.

Click here to see Alethea's video: https://www.patreon.com/creation?hid=1744545&rf=83064 

Have you read this series? What did you think about it?
author image

Mel@thedailyprophecy

Mel is a microbiology technician who is obsessed with Disney, fairytale retellings and fantasy. If she's not reading or blogging, she's either busy with gaming, hanging out with family or watching a TV show. She loves summer and bright nail polish. One of her dreams is to travel the world. She has found her Prince Charming and they are together for 7+ years.

11 comments:

  1. Thank you, Mel, a million times over. :) I hope you love Dearest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Mel. <3 Thank you so much for sharing about these books :D I enjoyed Enchanted when I read it years ago. <3 But have yet to read the rest.. planning on reading all three someday soon :) Probably. When I find the time. <3 I'm curious about them ;) Excited to see your review for Dearest. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to reread Enchanted. The other two were less.. successful for me.

      Delete
  3. This series sounds really interesting - I'll look out for them (as soon as my book ban has been lifted... In May!!!!)
    Beth x
    www.thequietpeople.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post and this series now sounds like it's very interesting.. I'd like to read them. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked Enchanted, though I haven't read Hero. How cool that she watched very specific things while writing. I have to say, I always loved the story of Tristan and Isolde, so to hear both her inspiration for her Tristan and that it's based on the Seven Swans story, I'm going to have to read Dearest! :) Great post, Mel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it when people do background research :D

      Delete
  6. I ADORED Enchanted when I read it shortly after it's publication, but I've just fallen behind and haven't read the rest of the series yet! I'm really looking forward to reading this rest this summer, once I have a little bit more time. Great post!

    ~Lynette @ Escaping Reality - One Book at a Time

    ReplyDelete
  7. These books have been popping up everywhere lately! I am someone who has a soft spot for retellings or anything fairytale related though, so I know I am going to like these when I begin. And the covers are just gorgeous <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible. Remember to return to see my reply! :)

Copyright © 2012 The Daily Prophecy
Template and Design by Hopeless Romantics
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0