Sunday, December 14, 2014 13:20

5th Annual End of Year Book Survey – 2014 Edition

This event is hosted by Jamie from The perpetual page-turner. The images are also from her post.

reading-stats-2014


Number Of Books You Read: 152. I beat my first and second reading goal. 
I hope I can read 8 more books before the end of the year.

Number of Re-Reads: 11.

Genre You Read The Most From: Fantasy. 


I have a spreadsheet with more reading stats, this will be posted in my December recap.



best-YA-books-2014
I HAD to stop myself from repeating some books over and over again *looks at Heir of fire Mortal Heart and Cruel Beauty*, but I'm trying to incorporate as many different books as I can.

1. Best Book You Read In 2014?
THIS IS HARD. Even with cheating by breaking it down into genres, I had a hard time finding only one book.

15839984Fairytale: Rosamund Hodge – Cruel beauty.
Fantasy: Sarah Maas – Heir of fire.
Paranormal: Elizabeth May – The falconer.
Dystopian: Susan Ee – Angelfall.
Contemporary: Cammie McGovern – Say what you will.
Middle Grade: Heidi Shultz – Hook’s revenge.

Historical: Robin LaFevers – Mortal heart.

2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
Jodi Lynn Anderson – The vanishing season. Her other book, Tiger Lily, is one of my favorite books and I was highly anticipated this book. Her writing-style was still beautiful, but the story let me down.

3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read in 2014?
Mindy McGinnis – Not a drop to drink. I was starting to get a little tired of Dystopian books, but I was blown away by the realistic approach from this duology.

4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did) In 2014?
I pushed Grave Mercy on a lot of people and the work from Juliet Marillier, but I don’t think I’ve had much success so far. I will never give up though!

5. Best series you started in 2014? Best Sequel of 2014? Best Series Ender of 2014?
I started Maggie Stiefvater – The raven boys (thanks to Christina reads YA, because she gave me a copy for my birthday) and I’ve loved all the instalments so far. The best sequel was Laini Taylor – Days of blood and starlight. The best series ender was Mortal Heart, but I’ve already mentioned it at question 1 so I’m going with my second pick, Rae Carson – The bitter kingdom.

6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2014?
Danielle Jensen - Stolen Songbird. She changed the way I look at trolls and you got to love the banter between Tristan and Cécile.

7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
Rainbow Rowell – Fangirl. I felt incredibly connected to Cath and that made this a nice, but also confronting story.

8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
M.R Carey - The girl with all the gifts. It was realistic and the biological aspect was AMAZING. This was my thing.

9. Book You Read In 2014 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
Marissa Meyer – Cress, or better, the whole series for the upcoming release of Fairest and Winter. 17234658_thumb[1]

10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2014?
I’ve read a lot of books with pretty covers, but I think Claudia Gray – A thousand pieces of you is one of the prettiest. The colors! Gorgeous.

11. Most memorable character of 2014?
That has to be Rowan (and Manon) from Sarah Maas – Heir of fire.

12. Most beautifully written book read in 2014?
Catherynne M. Valente – The girl who circumnavigated Fairyland in a ship of her own making has such a whimsical writing-style.

13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2014?
I don’t think I’ve had a book like that this year. 

14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2014 to finally read?
Kristin Cashore – Fire. my favorite instalment from this series. I really don’t know what to me so long.

15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2014?
“She was the heir of ash and fire, and she would bow to no one.” and "You could rattle the stars, you could do anything if only you dared."

16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2013?
Shortest: Danielle Jensen – The songbird’s overture, novella from 26 pages.
Longest: George R.R Martin – A storm of swords, with 1216 pages.

17. Book That Shocked You The Most:
Megan Shepherd – A cold legacy. I liked the first book, but absolutely HATED the second one. I was surprised how much I liked A cold legacy.

18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
Ship in a new series: Iolanthe/Titus from Sherry Thomas – The burning sky.
Ship in an old series: Annith/Baltazar and Chaol/Celaena.
Ship in a re-read: Sybelle/Beast.


19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year:
The friendship between Gigi, Bea and Neerja from Sarah Strohmeyer – Smart girls get what they want.17841138

20. Favorite Book You Read in 2014 From An Author You’ve Read Previously:
Cat Winters – The cure for dreaming. Delightful story with pictures and a strong MC in an era where there are little rights for women.

21. Best Book You Read In 2014 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
Rick Riordan – Percy Jackson and the lightening thief. Debby from Snuggly Oranges is a huge fan of this series, so I decided to give it a shot after my hesitation.

22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2014?
Kasie West – Pivot Point, hello adorable Trevor!

23. Best 2014 debut you read?
Without a doubt, Rosamund Hodge – Cruel beauty.

24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
The book itself wasn’t fantastic, but I really liked the concept of Claudia Gabel & Cheryl Klam – Elusion.

25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
Julie Kagawa – The forever song, because Jackal is hilarious.

26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2014?
Leigh Bardugo – Ruin and rising, because I was very frustrated by this book. It was not what I was hoping for and that's so disappointing.

1618163027. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
Zoë Marriott – Daughter of the flames. I haven’t heard much about this book, so I was surprised by it. I also like that it’s a stand-alone (the ‘sequel’ is a companion)

28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
A.C Gaughen – Lady Thief. The ending destroyed me.

29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2014?
Cat Winters – In the shadow of blackbirds, because it includes pictures that combine perfectly with the story. It gives such a haunting atmosphere.

30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
Katherine Ewell – Dear killer, WHAT A TERRIBLE BOOK.
.

book-blogging

1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2014?
The new blog from two wonderful girls: Bookish broads.

2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2014?
Erika Johanson – The queen of the Tearling, because it was featured on the HarperCollins website and it was the first time a publisher asked me to be part of a blog tour.

3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
I’m still quite pleased with my ‘When bullying isn’t bullying’ post. I loved all the feedback.

hof_tour_banner_thumb[3]

4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
The Thirteen days of Ash & Fire tour.

5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2014?
All my book club meetings & meeting Amber, Judith and Rinn.

7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
According to Blogspot: The Thirteen days of Ash & Fire tour.
giphy

8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
I’m actually happy with the amount of comments I get all the time. I appreciate all of your time.

9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
The news that the new Kobo Aura is waterproof. I want it.

10.  Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
Yes, you can see in my Monthly recaps that I actually completed all my goals. 

looking-ahead-books-2015
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2014 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2015?
Kaufman & Spooner – These broken stars.

2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2015 (non-debut)?
If I can only pick one… I’m going to cheat a little and pick my top 3. Marissa Meyer – Winter, Sarah Maas – A court of thorns and roses and A.C Gaughen – Lion heart. 17134589

3. 2015 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
Maggie Hall – The conspiracy of us. The cover, the fact that it’s compared with the DaVinci Code and the blurb. I can’t wait.

4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2015?
The untitled fourth book from The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater.

5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2015?
I hope that I can finish another 15 series, read at least 120 books, finish all my reading challenges and I want to celebrate my 3 years blogoversary in February. I want to keep my publisher contacts and perhaps I can even grow more. I also hope that my (fairytale) retelling challenge will be a success, because it's the first time I host such a thing. And I hope blogging keeps changing me like my post 'how blogging changed my life.'

6. A 2015 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:
Victoria Aveyard – Red Queen. A very promising start of a new fantasy series.
author image

Mel@thedailyprophecy

Mel is a microbiology technician who is obsessed with Disney, fairytale retellings and fantasy. If she's not reading or blogging, she's either busy with gaming, hanging out with family or watching a TV show. She loves summer and bright nail polish. One of her dreams is to travel the world. She has found her Prince Charming and they are together for 7+ years.

51 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, I haven’t read Heir of Fire, I really need to get out of this slump and read these books that people are clamoring about. I agree Thousand Pieces of you is really pretty. I love this whole watercolor effect. And that cover of The Conspiracy of Us looks good, hopefully the premise is also as interesting as the cover. And good luck with your retelling challenge! xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are seriously missing out! Heir of fire is the best book in the series so far.

      Delete
  2. I think I wouldn't be able to choose just one book for a lot of these categories :D

    I'm getting more and more excited about Red Queen! Need to read that one soon! And also Scarlet + Lady Thief!

    Yay for that featured review! Congrats! That's awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really difficult! It took me a lot of time to make this post, haha.

      Delete
  3. Wow I can't believe you read over 100 books! I think my original goal was 150 books, but I decided to change it to 50 because I was really busy with school. I am so glad to see Cruel Beauty on your favorites list. I loved that book and I can't wait to read Crimson Bound. Unfortunately I did not enjoy Not a Drop to Drink. I thought it was so boring and dry... I guess I like dystopian books that are action packed. I am so excited to read Red Queen! I'll be sure to read it this Christmas break because there's so much hype on it even though it's not out yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 50 is just as good :)! I'm so excited for Crimson bound and I hope it's just as good - or even better.

      Delete
  4. Eeeek. I love this post so so much. <3 You are awesome Mel. And yay for Cruel Beauty :D I loved it so much too. But ah. The Falconer. <3 SO GOOD. I must re-read it soon. And yay for reading so many books :D You are the best. Hope you will read even more in 2015, hih. <3 best of luck :) You have written so much that commenting on it all would take forever, hih, so just commenting a little bit. I'm most excited about Winter too. <3 Wishing it was here already. Hmph. Sigh. Just. So so many amazing books on this list :) Thank you for sharing sweetie. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carina! I might re-read The falconer too before the sequel comes out :D

      Delete
  5. I pretty much just put a disclaimer at the top of my survey saying, “Assume all the answers are Heir of Fire, but I’ll list others to be fair.” It just can’t be topped!

    Io and Titus give me life <3 I didn’t love The Infinite Sea as much as I was hoping, but their banter/flirting was the greatest thing ever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to say that I too am disappointed in The Vanishing Season after being BLOWN AWAY by Tiger Lily :( Mortal Heart was my favorite series ender too - everything came together so perfectly. I think I put Stolen Songbird as best surprise because I wasn't originally planning on reading it because of the trolls and well, I loved the trolls :) Manon is such a good pick for most memorable character!! In fact, I might copy you in my own survey ^.^ And Lady Thief definitely was a punch right in the feels. I can't wait/am incredible scared to read Lion Heart! I really liked your bullying discussion post and the Thirteen Days of Ash and Fire Tour was definitely a great event. And I can't wait for The Conspiracy of Us, ACOTAR, Winter, the 4th Raven Cycle book, Red Queen and many many more! Love these surveys and your answers (we have a lot in common!) Such a good year in books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was expecting so much, but I only got her beautiful writing-style (at least that's something) I still can't believe how perfect Mortal Heart was & how amazing that series is as a whole. Manon was so complex and I can't wait to see what Sarah is going to do with her character in the sequel.

      Delete
  7. I love reading bloggers' responses to this post! Some random thoughts: I picked up The Raven Boys this year too and loved all three books, I reeeeally can't wait to binge read Scarlet, Winter is definitely my most anticipated book next year, LURVE Trevor <3, and your OTP list rocks. :D Here's to another great year of reading/blogging! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great responses! I love this survey, and thank you bc you just reminded me I need to do this! I can't beieve you didn't includ any repeats...that sounds, challenging Lol. Cruel Beauty was top fav for me too...ah so many great reads ^_^ I love your answers (wait, I said that already...) haha

    -Dee's Reads

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on reading over 150 books - that's amazing! I set mine to 100 (which was quite optimistic for me as school has been extremely busy this year) and I also reached my goal, which is such a fantastic feeling! I really want to read the Throne of Glass series as well as the Raven Cycle, as I've heard endless good things about them. I'm also really looking forward to The Conspiracy of Us and Red Queen, they both sound utterly amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm being bombarded by all these people reading Scarlet lately! And now that you say Lady Thief was a killer, it makes me want to start it EVEN MORE! (*whispers* I've ordered the first one already...)

    CONGRATS ON 150+ You killed it this year, Mel! And you even had time for rereads!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a thing for lists, therefore this post is the greatest thing EVAH! So much awesomeness all in one place. Congrats on killing your reading goal this year, Mel! Maggie Stiefvater is such a talented author; glad you're enjoying her The Dream Thieves series. Rosamund Hodge's upcoming release is burning a hole in my eReader. SOON my pretty.

    Carmel @ Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete
  12. I remember doing this last year, it was a lot of fun! I plan to do it this year, nearer to January though. Out of your top reads, I've only read two of them, one that I loved (Heir of Fire) and one I didn't love very much (Cruel Beauty) and the other ones are ones I plan to read myself.

    Not a Drop to Drink was such a pleasant surprise for me too, I didn't expect it to be as good as it was! Need to hurry up and start The Raven Boys, so behind on that series and author.

    Still need to read Stolen Songbird, something you have me even more eager to do now that I know there is great banter between the characters. Also need to read The Girl with all the Gifts, A Cure for Dreaming and Cress.

    Ruin and Rising, that book frustrated me so much as well. It made me so angry, especially when I thought she'd killed off my favourite character! I almost threw the book across the room and rage quit. Such a disappointing ending, but not as bad as I expected it to be. Still trying to review that series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was planning to post it nearer to January too, but I just wanted to share all the amazing books and couldn't help myself from posting it now, haha. You should try Stolen Songbird, I think you will like it Charnell :)

      Delete
  13. Weeee, I loved reading your answers here Mel and I've decided to do the end of year book survey too (my first time) this year :D I'm hoping to have it up at some point later in the week! Anyways obviously I agree with ALL THE LOVE for Heir of Fire (♥♥♥), The Raven Cycle (♥♥), The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland and Days of Blood and Starlight! SO.MUCH.LOVE. for those books!

    As for the rest you mentioned, most -if not all- are on my tbr shelf! You had an amazing year book wise to be sure and I'm looking forward to more bookish chats for 2015 :D I'm sure we'll be gushing about SJM, The Raven Cycle and The Lunar Chronicles, to name a few ;-) I've loved getting to know you these past years and I'd say the best is yet to come! Cheers xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see your list! I love seeing everybody's recommendations. Oh yes, I look forward chatting with you even more in 2015!

      Delete
  14. Those are some great sounding choices. Many I've read or not read and or plan to read. I wonder if I have the patience to fill out that huge survey LOL.

    I keep considering how I want to do my 2014 book stats wrap up type post and how I want to break things down. But I'm so terrible at figuring outs statistics. I'll have to actually you know do math and think cause I want to see the ratio of SF to Fantasy and male to female authors and adult to YA books and such things like that. But yeah again that's work figuring those things out.

    Rosamund Hodge definitely deserves the praise I loved that book. I need to get to Throne of Glass this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I spread it over a couple of days, haha. I just filled in some questions every other day until I was happy with all the answers.

      Delete
  15. Oohhh great answers!! I was nodding along all throughout. I was like "Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes! Yes!!!" We think alike! Red Queen was awesome, I loved that book! I can't wait for the Conspiracy of Us as well. Haha I read Heir of Fire so many times this year... I eventually hid it in another room for a month so I'd stop... Lovely post, Mel <33

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aha, I was thinking about doing this survey and thought of Heir of Fire for pretty much every question too xD Totally agree about Not a Drop to Drink, I loved how realistic and gritty it was. I like Fangirl was one of the first contemporary books I really got into, it was great. The banter in The Forever Song had me laughing out loud many times :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have had success with pushing Juliet Marillier with me. On your rec, I picked up the Daughter of the Forest and then managed to acquire and read the rest of the Sevenwaters series in like a month. OBSESSED wouldn't be apt to describe how much I am into that series. :) So thanks for a job well done on pushing that series! I do have three other Mariliier books to launch into now. :P And, I ship Liadan and Bran. I never expected to fall the most in love with a second book in a series.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm doing this too!! SO EXCITED. I love stats and surveys and gathering all my info. And I did a few pie charts though counting up all the books I read was a bit of....eh, a problem for sure.>_< I'm sure I missed some. BUT YAY FOR SURVEYS.
    Ohhhh, Heir of Fire just needs all the mentioning of ever. And I agree about The Vanishing Season. I basically read Tiger Lily and it back to back and I was really let down by TVS. It was nothing on the beautifulness that was Tiger Lily.
    Ahhh, I want to read Grave Mercy. ;-)
    AND I WANT TO READ FAIRYLAND BOOK. Every time I think I've caught up a bit on my reading I realise I'm still way behind lol. XD

    ReplyDelete
  19. I feel so ashamed because I've only read 20+ books this year. ONLY TWENTY. I'm blaming my book slump and the fact that I had two major tests this year though. xD 152 books in a year is impressive! And eep, I've read three books on your best book of 2014 list -- Angelfall, Cruel Beauty, and Say What You Will. Definitely agree that all of them were great, especially Cruel Beauty. I wasn't expecting such an intriguing Beauty and the Beast retelling, for sure.

    Yup, I agree about The Vanishing Season. Even though I haven't read Tiger Lily yet, I have to admit that I had high hopes since practically everyone I knew loved TL, but I ended up disappointed. I did like the twist at the end, though. And gah! I really need to read something by Rainbow Rowell soon. I love all her covers and her books sound really fluffy and fun. Contemporaries may not be my thing either, but I have a feeling I'll enjoy Fangirl, too. :)

    I feel like petitioning for a huge, movie-poster-size version of A Thousand Pieces of You's cover to be printed. I would so hang it on my wall and drool over it every day.

    Okay, I'm starting to get more excited for Red Queen now. I have an e-galley in my Kindle and now I can't wait to read it! Really happy you enjoyed it, Mel. :D Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is no need to feel ashamed Meg! Reading is not a competition, right? :) At least you read 3 great books from my list :D

      Delete
  20. Best of 21014
    2. Oh dear, I didn't love Tiger Lily, so now I'm really scared to try The Vanishing Season.
    4. Aw, I guess you were semi-successful, Mel! I think I read Dark Triumph because of you, because at the time you recommended Grave Mercy to me, I already read it. ;) Waiting for Mortal Heart to come out in our local bookstores!
    6. STOLEN SONGBIRD, YAY! This is the book I probably pushed most people to read. ;) But hey, I have good reasons for it. This book was fabulous.
    11. Loved Rowan and Manon. I think they were the only characters I liked from Heir of Fire.
    14. What! I've mostly heard negative things about Fire, so I haven't picked it up yet. I probably should, huh?
    15. Awesome quotes. I just made a wallpaper for the rattle the stars one. ;)
    21. Percy Jackson is king. Enough said.
    22. Trevor! <3
    25. Loved Jackal as well!
    30. What a coincidence - I just read an absolutely negative review for Dear Killer! xD

    Looking Ahead
    1. Yes! I really think you'll enjoy These Broken Stars, Mel. ;)
    2. I agree with all of your choices. <3
    3. Love the cover and the synopsis. I don't read a lot of books like this, so hopefully I'll enjoy this one!
    6. Damn. Sadly, I'm one of the few people who didn't like Red Queen. ;(

    Awesome post, Mel! Can't wait for more from you this 2015. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you didn't love Tiger Lily, I'm not sure how you will feel about The vanishing season.. DARK TRIUMPH, Scoooooooooore!

      Delete
  21. Maaaan this post looked like it was a lot of work but a lot of fun at the same time! Eeep yay you read Percy Jackson! YOU BETTER HAVE READ THE SEQUELS TOO, MEL. *eyes you* Ah yes, Cress! I am so behind and need to pick that one up as soon as my preorder for the US paperback arrives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! It took me some time, but it's fun to look at all the books you've read and try to put them together with a question :D I wil Mel, I will!

      Delete
  22. Such a great list! Posts like these, especially from you Mel, add a gazillion miles to my TBR, haha!
    I'm behind on the rest of the series after reading Scarlet (and loving it of course), but seems like I must brace myself for The Lady Thief..

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm excited for upcoming releases of Fairest and Winter too! I'm not sure if I'll do a reread though. Maybe of Scarlet since that was my favorite book in the series. I'm so glad you enjoyed the burning sky series! Iolanthe/Titus are the best ship :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. I can't wait for you to read These Broken Stars, I think you'll love it! It does feel a bit like a fairytale romance. I really enjoyed Cruel Beauty as well, it was one of my honourable mentions for this year.

    I finally will pick up Raven Boys after everyone's raving about it, I can't wait!

    I totally agree with Rowan, I have seen him on many of these lists.

    Have a wonderful Christmas lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yay #MaasThirteen!!! Ok, I read Cruel Beauty while traveling and I really didn't vibe with it but I'm thinking I might have been distracted and not focused on it fully. I"m super tempted to re-read it next year just to see if I like it better. LOVED the ending but I think I need fresh eyes on it again. I want to *force* myself to love this BatB retelling. I am SO sad you didn't have a most thought-provoking book! I can give a list of mine and maybe you'll hit jackpot? Like I said in a previous comment, I started Juliet Marillier so I will give you partial credit with Alexa and Hannah for turning me on to it :) Also--TREVOR!!!!! And EVERYTHING you said about Heir of Fire...yes yes yes. Rattle the stars, mother fuckers :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cruel Beauty needs some attention! The world-building is quite complex :)

      Delete
  26. Beating two goals, go you! That's awesome!! I also loved Cruel Beauty, Heir of Fire and The Falconer! And I finished Hook's Revenge yesterday, loved that too! It was so great.

    Hehe I got Grave Mercy and Dark Triumph for Christmas, and I'm fiiinally going to read Daughter of the Forest soon after owning a copy for 10 YEARS.

    Yay Raven Cycle! Love the series so much. The Bitter Kingdom was an excellent series ender, though Crown of Embers is my favorite of that trilogy.

    Stolen Songbird and Danielle Jensen! <3 I'm glad other people loved Tristan and Cecile like I did. I'm soooo excited for Hidden Huntress!

    A Storm of Swords is my second favorite of ASOIAF- I still love GoT best I think. But SoS has everything and was so SHOCKING. And long, I'm not surprised it's your longest of the year :D

    Ruin and Rising frustrated me too :/ Ooh I will have to read your Queen of the Tearling review! It's one of the books I want to read really soon. Haha These Broken Stars is also my 2015 priority that I didn't get to this year ;) And I totally agree with all the books you're looking forward to! Great survey :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Reading these surveys is fun. :)

    I love the cover for A Thousand Pieces of You. I keep seeing it and saying to myself, "I really need to read that one!" But I haven't gotten to it yet. Maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Heh, I tried to stop myself from just listing the same book again and again, but in the end just gave up. I loved Cruel Beauty too, but I still need to make the time for most of your other faves from the year! I'm thinking my main priorities in 2015 will need to be catching up on ToG and HFA series - I've fallen behind in both! It's fantastic that it seems like you had such a great year in books, Mel - wishing you a happy 2015 in books as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I found it SO HARD to not keep saying Heir of Fire - it was just so amazing! I totally read Grave Mercy last year after seeing your review for it, and I loooooved it! So thank you for the amazing review that introduced me to a brilliant series - that I still need to finish...
    These Broken Stars is fantastic! I really hope you enjoy it when you get around to it this year. ACOTAR is amazing! I can't wait for everyone to read it! I'm so excited for Red Queen - and now I'm even more excited!

    ReplyDelete
  30. EEK! So excited to see Cruel Beauty as your top fairy tale! I plan to read that one for your fairytale challenge so yes! I've been eyeing up The Falconer as it was in some end of year posts (covers) so I have to look it up on Goodreads!

    Oh yes! Also excited to see Not a Drop to Drink because I just got that one from Book Outlet and dystopian is also something that i've been very tired of.

    Haha, yah Dear Killer was really terrible.

    OHHHH THE QUEEN OF THE TEARLING! I just got that one :) I need to go read your review now! And I'm happy to see that you already read and loved Red Queen, that's one of my most anticipated books of this year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible. Remember to return to see my reply! :)

Copyright © 2012 The Daily Prophecy
Template and Design by Hopeless Romantics
Toptal (Topal) / CC BY-SA 3.0