Monthly Recap | November '14. Interview.

recap
I always enjoy watching recaps from other bloggers, so that’s why I’ll be posting my own recaps. This wrap up is also my new ‘Showcase Sunday’ since I don’t have the time to do weekly hauls. Instead, I hope to capture it in vlogs every now and then.

OUAT1
This month had some stressful moments. Some things at the internship went wrong and I had to take care of them in a short time frame. It was so bad I had to skip the book club meeting, but at least it’s all fixed now and I can finally start the microbiology part! I learned quite some things when I made the plant extractions, but I'm happy to return to microbiology.

There were also a couple of good things that happened. I had a conversation with the directrice from my project and I found out I'm getting paid after all! I went to the 2x to the cinema (but one time all the movies were sold, haha). I had a telephonic interview and while I HATE talking on the telephone, it wasn't so bad. I also went for a drink with some friends and it was nice to catch up with them. I wasn't completely horrible when I had to give a presentation at school, because I passed it. I was so nervous I thought I was going to faint in front of the class.

I celebrated my 6-years together with my boyfriend. We didn’t do anything fancy, but we spend a lovely evening cooking a nice meal, watching a movie and playing Lego Pirates on the PS3. The BEST thing that happened was meeting Amber, Judith and Rinn in Amsterdam. We first went out for lunch and after that we spend a lot of time wandering around the bookstores. It was so much fun. I went pooling with some friends and it was great.

This month was terrible when it comes to working out. I did some exercises at home, but I couldn’t find the energy to go to the gym every week, so I only went once. I hope to change that in December with all the Holiday food and sweets, haha.

Read1
Booooh.. I had a slow reading month, because I couldn’t seem to focus on my books.

1. Rhiannon Thomas – A wicked thing. 3.5/5.
2. Victoria Aveyard – Red Queen. 4/5.3. Megan Shepherd – A cold legacy. 3/5.
4. Kendare Blake – Girl of nightmares. 2/5.
5. Maggie Stiefvater – Blue Lily, Lily Blue. 4/5.
6. Victoria Lamb – Witchstruck. 3/5.
7. Paul Durham – The luck uglies. 3/5.
8. Sarah J. Maas - The assassin and the captain. 5/5.
egsdsdg
From now on I'm going to highlight the top 10 things I watched every month, because I watch a lot of things and I don't want to type a huge list.

1. Drive. What a terrible movie! I hated the filming style and we end up skipping a lot.
2. I continued watching Arrested Development and we're starting season 3.
3. I watched the first episode from Ripper Street and I really liked it! I wasn't in the mood for this series the rest of the month, but I can't wait to continue.
4. I'm up-to-date with New Girl, The big bang theory and Once upon a time. I loved the latest episode from New Girl.
5. St. Vincent in the cinema. It was pretty funny and reminded me a little of Up.
6. Pain & Gain, DNF. Terrible.
7. Let's be cops, haha. It was nice to see New Girl Nick and Coach in another movie, but they almost played the same character (which really fits them)
8. The 100 and I'm addicted.. The first episodes were okay, but there is a moment where you suddenly keep watching episodes and you are sucked into the series.
9. I re-watched Catching fire and it's still one of the best book-to-movie film.
10. The Green Hornet. Not too bad, but it wasn't what I expected.
fssgd
They are all completed except for: New Goodreads challenge: 147/150. (98%) (ALMOST!)
Book haul
On the first day of November I got an amazing book in the mail. The sweet Ellis answered my desperate call and send me a copy from Maggie Stiefvater – Blue Lily, Lily Blue <3 I also finally got my pre-ordered copy from Robin LaFevers - Mortal Heart to add to my collection. If you haven’t read this series, I highly suggest you will. It’s one of my favorite series (and the covers are so pretty together) Lastly, I received a review copy from A.G Howard - Ensnared from Abrams & Chronicle. Thank you!



I also went to Edelweiss-Heaven when Harper updated their books, so I snagged some of my most anticipated books. Rosamund Hodge – Crimson Bound and Heather Dixon – Illusionarium. While I was at it I also downloaded Maria Dahvana Headley – Magonia, Paul Durham – The fork-tongue charmers, Brian Katcher - The improbable case of Ana and Zak & Maggie Lerhman - The cost of everything.


That's it for my month, how was your November?



44 comments

  1. Congratulations on six years! That's way too adorable. :D Wishing you the best of luck for those last three books. I have three left for my challenge as well! This is so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck on finishing your challenge too :D!

      Delete
  2. I was going to go to sleep but I saw your monthly recap and well, you know how much I love these so...

    Is it strange that I actually love telephone interviews haha I always feel like the only one! AND CONGRATS ON SIX YEARS, MY DEAR! x

    I was super lazy for the first week or so of November about exercising. But I've been hitting the gym and running a couple of times a week since then and hopefully I can keep that up, at least up until February or something xD BINGE RIPPER STREET MEL! DO IT. I LOVE THAT SHOW SO MUCH, I CAN'T.

    HAVE A GOOD DECEMBER! Enjoy the holiday season and good luck with the internship (payed! That's amazing x)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you are sweet <3 I didn't mind the interview part, but I'm just scared to talk on the telephone.. It was good I went with it, because it's another challenge I conquered this year, haha. Great job on keeping up with exercising Jess! I'm planning to do the same this month and it will be easier with the Christmas vacation.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on the 6 years that's so sweet! :)

    Wow, you've read a lot of books this year! I'm also three books away from completing my Goodreads goal, which is 97/100. I really want to read Magonia and The Improbable Theory of Ana & Zak. Enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) Good luck with finishing your last 3 books, 100 is a great number :D

      Delete
  4. I can totally agree with what you said about The 100. At first I thought it was just okay too and now I'm pretty much obsessed with the show. Looooove it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww six years?? That's so cute!! Congrats!! *throws confetti* Yay, I'm glad you like The 100. Season 2 is even better. I'm really excited for Illusionarium and Magonia. The Assassin and the Captain was so adorable. Just seeing your post reminded me that tomorrow is December 1st!! Oh wow :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :D It's unbelievable that it's already December..

      Delete
  6. Congrats on 6 yrs!
    Happy December reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also snagged Illusunarium, Crimson Bound and Magonia - so tempted to read one of those this coming week. I think I should - I think I should just read whatever I want no matter how far out the publish date is from now on lol.

    I agree the Green Hornet was not as fabulous as I thought it would be. I only just recently watched THOR The Dark World a few days ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm currently reading Illusionarium, I couldn't stop myself :p

      Delete
  8. Thank you for saying that Drive wasn't good. My husband and I saw it a while back and he liked it, but didn't love it. I pretty much hated it, and when I try to explain to my guy friends, they tell me that I just didn't get it. Whatever.

    Sorry your internship was so stressful, but at least now you've proven yourself and you are getting PAID! WAHOO!!

    Amber Elise @ Du Livre

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My boyfriend and father also didn't like it, so I guess it's not a girl thing ;)

      Delete
  9. Happy anniversary! And I am loving New Girl, the episodes just get better and better :)

    Mands @ The Bookish Manicurist

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you had a great month despite being really busy. Congrats on six years with your boyfriend! I stopped watching 100 after the first three episodes because it didn't interest me enough. I'm also really happy to hear that Red Queen is good; I'm thinking about picking it up whe it comes out. Happy reading :)

    Ariella @ Secrets of Lost Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That happens, it took me around 5 episodes before I was really hooked on The 100. You should, I liked Red Queen a lot.

      Delete
  11. A pretty eventful month! And happy anniversary! :D

    Wasn't Drive bad? I watched it ages ago and just couldn't get the appeal at all. I watched the first two episodes of The 100 when they first aired and couldn't get into it, but seeing so many people loving it has made me think I should retry it.

    Wasn't the HarperCollins upload awesome?? I just wanted to click on every single one, but had to have a little bit of restraint. You did better than me! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea what they were thinking with Drive.. It was such a weird, boring watch. It took me some episodes before I got into The 100, so I would definitely give it another shot :)

      Delete
  12. Sounds as though you had a pretty busy month - happy anniversary fo celebrating 6 years together with your boyfriend. :) For having a slow reading month, you read heaps! I only managed to read 3 books this month. :( So glad you loved Red Queen and Blue Lily! I really can't wait to read both of those. Why haven't a got my hands on Blue Lily yet!? D:

    Catching Fire is such a great adaptation! I really want to start watching The 100,Once Upon a Time and Ripper Street, and I need to get up to date with New Girl and The Big Bang Theory!

    So many fantastic books! Looking forward to see what you think of Magonia, Crimson Bound, The Illusionarium and The Improbable Theory of Ana & Zak. I've never understood Edelwiess before, but finally figured it out just in time for that HarperCollins catalogue - so many great books in it!! I requested way too many, but they're all still pending, so I don't think I'll be accepted for any of them. :( But that's probably a good thing seeing as they're all published around early next year, which is when I'm starting uni.

    Happy December, Mel! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ebony! Yes, go go go and buy Blue Lily, it was great :) And when you are at it, go ahead and watch OUAT and The 100 :D Haha, one you discover the wonderful world from Edelweiss there is no turning back. I hope they approve you for some of the books!

      Delete
  13. I'm hoping to read Blue Lily, Lily Blue before the end of the year, but that's only a month away now, so we'll see how that goes. LOL! I can't WAIT for Ensnared, but I'm going the audiobook route, therefor I must wait 'til release day. *sigh* I grabbed a copy of Crimson Bound too.

    Carmel @ Rabid Reads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blue Lily would be great to read as your last 2014 book. It's good :D

      Delete
  14. Again, congrats on your 6th year anniversary! And it must be nice to meet other bloggers. I hope you girls had tons of fun. I don’t think it was slow month for you, in my watch your November was still productive!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love reading all your recaps. <3 It sounds like you had an amazing month Mel :D Thank you so much for sharing about it. <3 I also watched The 100. SO MUCH LOVE. Bellamy. Dies. You saw a bunch of awesome movies this month. <3 I hope December will be all kinds of awesome for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on your six year anniversary!

    I didn't manage to get through reading The 100 so I never considered watching the show, but I'm tempted to give it a try since so many people are raving about it. I might end up liking it more than the book! I hope you have an awesome December, Mel :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should give it another try. Just give it a chance and watch some episodes, it might have you hooked before you know it ;)

      Delete
  17. I'm sorry your apprenticeship was a bit stressful this month, but look at all the awesome things that you were able to do! Meet Amber and Judith! That is all kinds of amazing! Celebrate 6 years with your boyfriend Congratulations! And everyone I know seems to be loving The 100 I so will be starting this over Christmas! I hope you have a great December! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on celebrating 6 years with your boyfriend Mel! And yay for getting paid ;) I hope December brings more time for reading and relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Woot woot, yay for six years!!! It's definitely a huge thing, the both of you being together for so long. Here's to many more happy years for you and your boyfriend! <3 And wow, I'm so jealous you got to meet up with other bloggers, too. I don't know if there are other book bloggers in my country, but I don't think there are. D: But all the same, I'm glad you guys had so much fun! I saw a recap post about it on Judith's blog -- it looked awesome!

    I agree, Catching Fire is probably one of the best book-to-movie adaptations. I love LotR more, though. Lol, The Green Hornet. When I watched that show, I expected something horrible because the reviews are all so low. It wasn't the best film, obviously, but it was hilarious and entertaining, so it was surprisingly good. Have you watched Mockingjay yet? If so, how did you find it? Reviews seem to be pretty mixed so far... Some either love it to death, or others just thought it was okay. O_O

    I need to go get my own set of The Raven Cycle series!! I liked The Raven Boys, loved The Dream Thieves, and am really looking forward to Blue Lily, Lily Blue. Glad that it managed to get four stars from you! :D And I'm looking forward to your thoughts on Crimson Bound. Hopefully it'll be just as great as Cruel Beauty -- or even better.

    Have a great December, hon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Megan, I can't believe it's already 6 years! It sometimes feels like yesterday that he admitted that he liked me :D Meeting those girls was one of the best things that happened this year, it was so much fun.

      LOTR is fantastic, just like The hobbit. I haven't seen Mockingjay yet, but I really need to change that as soon as possible! Most of the things I've heard are positive, so I can't wait.

      I hope you have an amazing December too! :)

      Delete
  20. I'm glad that things are getting back on track with your internship, Mel! Also, congrats on 6 years with your boyfriend :D That's such a huge thing, and I'm so happy for you.

    Ooh meeting other bloggers, what fun! I've always wanted to go to Amsterdam, I have to put that on my bucket list now :D

    Looks like you had a fantastic month <33

    ReplyDelete
  21. Uh oh, it's completely dangerous that you let me know that Edelweiss had their big upload! I still haven't read most of the ones I downloaded this time last year! It sounds like you had the best time in Amsterdam with other bloggers. And Congrats on your anniversary with the bf, it sounds like you had a lovely time! Have a great month in December Mel <3

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've been religiously watching The 100 as well (in fact, there's a new episode in half an hour! akjfhalsjh). Congrats on 6 years, wow!

    I also read Girl of Nightmares recently and gave it a low rating. I just couldn't with the main character and the story was pretty boring. Ohhhh, enjoy all your new books! I started Grave Mercy last month and I'm loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. The only people who didn't start watching The 100 (because of Amber) are probably those who were already watching it! :D

    Especially the pilot was really bad but after that I coudln't stop and watched until 3am two nights in row.

    And I'm somewhat jealous that you got to meet Amber, Judith and Rinn! Must have been an awesome day! :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. That trip sounds like so much fun! I loved seeing the pictures on Twitter. :)
    I finally read the first three Raven Boys and, wow, I loved them so much. Dying for the last book!
    Can't wait to see what you think Magonia and Illusionarium (but I think I saw on GR you weren't a fan? D:)

    Happy reading to you in December, Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gah! My comment disapeared just as I was readying myself to hit send. :( I'll try to remember everything:

    FIrst of all,I'm so sorry some things went wrong with your internship this month *hugs* BUT, on the plus side, Happy 6 years with the BF and YAY for blogger friend meetups :D

    I had a slow reading month in November too since I moved and got distracted with having no internet at the new place for 2 weeks *cries* All that to say that on my end, your reading for November is much better than mine hehe I also got caught up on BBT and am planing to re-watch Catching Fire, since I still NEED to see Mockingjay >.> Oh and I didn't care for Drive either, the camerawork was cringe-inducing and as much as I love me some Gosling, the movie was just weird.

    You got some GORGEOUS books too,hopefully they help make December a better reading month than November was :) Happy reading Mel ^^ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  26. Woot Edelweiss Heaven :D. I am right there with you with the mass downloading ;-). Sorry to hear about the stress, but I'm excited that you're doing microbio stuff again, yey bio! I'm going to be trying to get back to the gym this month too, good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible.