Sunday, February 16, 2014 01:00

Love-a-thon: Mad lib.

Book Blogger Love-A-Thon 2014I didn’t participate in the other two challenges, but this was too much fun to pass! What do you think about my story and the boys I picked as bookish boyfriends?

One day, I was swimming with Chaol. Out of the blue, a pirate ship came out of nowhere! It was so majestic, impressive and blue. At first, we were afraid, we were petrified, but we laughed. We hopped on a flying motorcycle to make our getaway. 

As we escaped, we turned up the radio because Let it go came on and made me sing out loud. Everything was extremely smooth sailing until a lady bug appeared in the middle of the road. We swerved to avoid it, but while Chaol stayed on the flying motorcycle, I got thrown onto my side in the woods. I couldn't get up, and felt dazed as I lay there staring up at the trees. What was I going to do? I heard a crashing sound among the leaves, and felt confused. Surely, this was going to be my end. As my eyes fluttered shut, the last thing I saw was a head of red hair and blue eyes.

When I woke up again, I was on a bookshelf. My body hurt a whole lot less, and I could sit up. There was another pirate ship and Christmas tree  in the room, along with a chocolate bar and slushpuppie. The door suddenly opened to reveal Sturmhond, a concerned look on his face. I blushed and averted my gaze, but he break-danced and said, "Don't be shy. It's okay."

He came over to sit by me, and we started talking after I told him my name. We chatted about TV shows, Disney and reading and realized we had a ton in common! I thought he was stunning and couldn't help feeling a little swoony. Just as he reached out for my hand, the door crashed open and in came Duval. "Don't let him charm you away, my love!" He yelled, running at Sturmhond. They each had tablespoons in their hands and began to fight. "Stop!", I yelled, feeling so excited They didn't listen to me. Before I could intervene, Sturmhond fell to the floor and disappeared in a cloud of smoke.

"What was that?" I asked, staring at the empty space. Duval dropped his weapon, and came over to me. "Magic, but you are safe now, little wolf." He hugged me close, and I suddenly knew that this was the real deal and not just a dream. Just as All of me started playing in my head, I woke up. I cursed my damned luck. Why had it only been just a dream?
author image

Mel@thedailyprophecy

Mel is a microbiology technician who is obsessed with Disney, fairytale retellings and fantasy. If she's not reading or blogging, she's either busy with gaming, hanging out with family or watching a TV show. She loves summer and bright nail polish. One of her dreams is to travel the world. She has found her Prince Charming and they are together for 7+ years.

12 comments:

  1. hahaha your mad lib makes so much more sense than mine! but I purposefully picked random words that popped in my head hoping it would come out a little quirky :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried to make a match of random words and sense, haha. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. A pirate ship and a flying motorcycle? Your mad lib is made of win in the first paragraph alone! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm trying to picture Sturmhond watching Disney movies right now... I'll never think the same of him again hahaha. Great mad lib!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see him watching Tangled and agreeing with Flynn!

      Delete
  4. A break-dancing Sturmhond! That is priceless. But any story that open with swimming with Chaol is a good one. And also a Chaol on a flying motorcycle. :D I love this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How could I resist a way to see Chaol in bathing clothes? :D

      Delete
  5. Ah there are so much win and cool stuff on your mad lib! Great song choice with Let It Go haha

    -Kimi at Geeky Chiquitas

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny! Let it go is a good song! <3 I love the break-dancing. And the fighting with teaspoons!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hah, lol. <3 Love this story :) Thank you so much for writing and sharing Mel!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahaha, loved the story especially the pirate ship part and break dancing!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible. Remember to return to see my reply! :)

Copyright © 2012 The Daily Prophecy
Template and Design by Hopeless Romantics
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0