Friday, August 23, 2013 23:41

My YA life in book titles.

Jamie from The Perpetual Pageturner released another survey where we answer questions with book titles. It’s such an unique way to get to know each other. It took me two days to complete this survey, because I wanted to find the best titles. Some refer to books I don’t know and won’t ever read, but hey, this is it:
You:
How would you describe your 16 year old self? Happy, happy, happy.
When You Looked Into The Mirror What Did You SeeUglies. I’ve always been insecure about myself. I think I started to feel pretty when I got a relationship with my boyfriend. I have my ups and downs, but I feel much better about myself.
Your 16 year old self outlook on life/motto: How to be popular? I wanted to be friends with everyone. Other’s opinion were too important for me at that time.
How You Think People Would Describe Your Personality: Passion. When I want something, I will give a 100% to achieve it. If I do anything, I go for it. I think people will say I have a big heart and there are many things I love with a fierce passion.
Describe An Insecurity In High School: being Just plain weird. That nobody would like me.
Describe Your Worst Trait As A Teen: Silence. I’m still shy, but I was almost anti-social when I was younger. I just couldn’t talk to strangers and I had a hard time trying to fit into new groups. This definitely spoiled a lot of things for me.
Describe the contents of your diary/journal: The book of lost things. My feeling were all over the place. Insecure, shy, awkward, I was trying to find the real me – my place in life, but also happy and satisfied.
Your biggest Fear: Losing you. Losing someone I love is the biggest fear I have.
You excelled at: Biology. I’ve always been good at learning, but biology was by far my best subject. The only thing I really suck at is math..
You were always concerned about: Don’t judge a girl by her cover. I was bullied and I got a lot of.. negative comments about my looks. It made me afraid that people wouldn’t like me, because I ‘was so ugly.’ 
You Thought Your Life Was: The awakening. It was starting and it was only getting better (but I didn’t want to grow up and get old at the same time.)

Love Life:

How would you sum up your high school love life? Losing hope. I’d never had a boyfriend, not even someone who liked me (at least, that’s what I thought). I was starting to imagine myself as a crazy book lady.
Describe your most serious boyfriend from high school? True love story. And there he was! Out of nowhere. We became friends and before I knew it;
Describe your first kiss: Shadow Kiss. I got my first kiss from my boyfriend when he brought me home. We had been friends for over a year and we had our first day. It was around midnight and we were talking in my porch when he confessed that he really liked me – and then we kissed. It was a very sweet, soft kiss in the darkness and I think about it with great memories.
Your philosophy on dating/love: Forever. I know. Never say forever, but it does feel like it. My boyfriend and me are a perfect match and we are still crazy in love. He is the man I want to share my life with.
Describe Your Worst Break Up: Never have I ever had a break-up. My boyfriend is my first real love.

Family:

Your relationship with your mom as a teen: Worst enemies/best friends. My mother is my friend, but we used to clash a lot. We had our differences (we still have, but I can handle it more mature now)
Your relationship with your dad as a teen: Best friends forever. My father and I are two peas in a pod. We are so similar on the inside and outside; he always likes to tell people I have ‘those great looks from him,’ haha. My mother always says that I am my father in a female form.
Your relationship with a sibling: Extremely loud and incredibly close. I have one little sister and we used to fight when we were younger, like every sibling. There was quite some screaming, but we were (and are) very close. I’m happy we left the screaming behind, although we still have our little fights now and then.
 What you thought about your parents rules/parenting style: Control. My mother can be a bit paranoid, so she was very strict and she had rules like ‘when you come home when it’s dark, you need to call and we will pick you up.’ It could be suffocating sometimes, especially when you are busy trying to find your way. I wanted to be free, but I know she did it out of love.

Friends:

Describe you and your best friend at 16: Infinite. I had two friends and I think we all have that feeling of ‘friends forever’ It didn’t turn out that way, but that’s okay.
Your Social Status: Perhaps Geek girl. I’m part of a geek group, haha. We are a bit like The Big Bang Theory. I think I’m quite easy going when I’m out of my shell.
Describe Your Group Of Friends: Thousand Words. We talk all the time and our subjects are diverse.

School:

Your Perception Of High School Upon Entering: Something like normal.
Your relationship with academics: I am the messenger. I’m not sure what it is, but I always seem to be a favorite; therefore, I’m always the one to fix things.
Your Weekends Were: I wished Endlessly.
If Your High School Life Was A Movie It would be called: This is what happy looks like
A Class You Wish High School Would Have Offered: Parasite. I’m going to specialize in Microbiology, so more things about Parasites and stuff like that would have been great!
Your Senior Year Was
: A really awesome mess.
Describe prom: Boundless. I danced a bit and let go of my insecurity.
When High School Ended It Was: Kissing my old life au revoir.

The Future:

How You Felt About The Prospect of College: The beginning of everything. I’m still in college and I think it’s the best time so far.
How You Thought Your Life Would Be At 22: Golden. I would be mature and I would do all the things I want to do.

Your Life Now:

Describe Your Love Life Now: Never let me go. Like I said at my philosophy, I feel like me and my boyfriend will stay together forever.
Describe The State Of Your Friendship With Your High School BFF: Once we were. I had friends, but I never had a BFF. I don’t see my high school friends anymore and I don’t mind. The friends I have today are much better.
Your Relationship With Your Parents Now: Close.
Your Thoughts On Your High School Reunion (either if you had it or if it’s upcoming): Abandon. I didn’t attend the reunion, because I’m not interested.. I went back to visit my teachers a random day though, that was fun.
Biggest Lesson You Learned In High School: Revenge of the girl with the great personality. I feel so much better now and I now understand that it’s not all about looks. Teenagers can be cruel. Being a good person is more important.
One Thing You WISHED You Had Learned: That was then, this is now. I find it hard to let things go.
Advice You Wish You Could Have Given Your Teen Self: I am Unbreakable.
Something You Could Learn From Your 16 Year Old Self: Nothing actually. I’m so much wiser now.
author image

Mel@thedailyprophecy

Mel is a microbiology technician who is obsessed with Disney, fairytale retellings and fantasy. If she's not reading or blogging, she's either busy with gaming, hanging out with family or watching a TV show. She loves summer and bright nail polish. One of her dreams is to travel the world. She has found her Prince Charming and they are together for 7+ years.

22 comments:

  1. I definitely agree with you on the "How You Thought Your Life Would Be At 22." I remember when I was younger, my best friend and I would tell our parents that, when we grew up, we were going to eat cookie dough and slushies all the time lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, that does sound like a nice idea. I love cookie dough and slushies :D

      Delete
  2. What a fun thing! I haven't ever seen one of these. Hmm...I may have to borrow the idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jamie makes these surveys every Friday. You should check her blog :)

      Delete
  3. This is fun but looks very hard. I haven't read that many books to be able to answer all the questions. Maybe I'll just stick with the A-Z Survey. :D

    Good job in completing this survey, Mel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It takes some time, but the end result is fun :D

      Delete
  4. This looks like so much fun, I might try it on my blog too. :)
    Extremely loud and incredibly close is definitely an apt comparison for my relationship with my sibling too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heh, everyone's replies for "When you looked into the mirror what did you see?" seems to be Uglies. I can't say I disagree, though. I still feel the same way about myself, even now. >.< I love how you describe your journal - so meaningful and unique! And, haha, I guess we do get wiser as we age, eh? ;)

    It was great getting to know more about you, Mel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a shame that everyone felt/feels that way, but at least we're not alone :p

      Delete
  6. Okay, this is an amazing post :D You are awesome for doing this Mel. Loved reading it all <3 thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a cool post! And the story of your first kiss is so sweet!

    Sara at The Page Sage

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous post, Mel! Cute first kiss.

    Thanks for sharing :D <33

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this post! I really love your answer for your siblings relationship "Incredibly Loud and Incredibly Close." Haven't seen the film or read the book yet, but that's how I would describe my relationship with my brother and sister too. And I'll ditto everyone else and say your first kiss was adorable. YA book worthy ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen the movie or read the book either, but it was the perfect answer :)

      Delete
  10. "How You Think People Would Describe Your Personality: Passion. When I want something, I will give a 100% to achieve it. If I do anything, I go for it. I think people will say I have a big heart and there are many things I love with a fierce passion." <-- YES, A THOUSAND TIMES YES.

    "Describe Your Worst Trait As A Teen: Silence. I’m still shy, but I was almost anti-social when I was younger. I just couldn’t talk to strangers and I had a hard time trying to fit into new groups. This definitely spoiled a lot of things for me." <-- Me too. Groups were the hardest to approach. It's hard cracking into group mentality.

    "You excelled at: Biology. I’ve always been good at learning, but biology was by far my best subject. The only thing I really suck at is math.." <-- ME TOO. Math is the DEATH of me. And you and I have talked about a shared love for biology and sci fi in YA :D.

    "Your philosophy on dating/love: Forever. I know. Never say forever, but it does feel like it. My boyfriend and me are a perfect match and we are still crazy in love. He is the man I want to share my life with." <-- That is adorable, and I hope that's what happens for you two :). You looked great together in your Italy trip pictures!

    "Your Thoughts On Your High School Reunion (either if you had it or if it’s upcoming): Abandon. I didn’t attend the reunion, because I’m not interested.. I went back to visit my teachers a random day though, that was fun." <-- Ha, I'm probably never going to go back. I loved some of my teachers, but reunions? Eugh. The idea of even going back to that campus feels weird.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh, what a great long comment Christina! :D It's funny how almost every reader was/is shy. Perhaps because it's easy to be shy together, haha. And yeah, biology in YA <3

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible. Remember to return to see my reply! :)

Copyright © 2012 The Daily Prophecy
Template and Design by Hopeless Romantics
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0