Wednesday, May 22, 2013 12:21

WoW. 39. The golden city.


 Hosted by: Breaking the spine.

J. Kathleen Cheney - The golden city.
November 5th 2013 by Roc Trade

The Golden City
For two years, Oriana Paredes has been a spy among the social elite of the Golden City, reporting back to her people, thesereia, sea folk banned from the city’s shores....
When her employer and only confidante decides to elope, Oriana agrees to accompany her to Paris. But before they can depart, the two women are abducted and left to drown. Trapped beneath the waves, Oriana’s heritage allows her to survive while she is forced to watch her only friend die. Vowing vengeance, Oriana crosses paths with Duilio Ferreira—a police consultant who has been investigating the disappearance of a string of servants from the city’s wealthiest homes. Duilio also has a secret: He is a seer and his gifts have led him to Oriana. Bound by their secrets, not trusting each other completely yet having no choice but to work together, Oriana and Duilio must expose a twisted plot of magic so dark that it could cause the very fabric of history to come undone....


"A twisted plot of magic" and "sea folk" are two sentences that makes me excited to read this one. And such a pretty cover! Leave a link to your WoW.
author image

Mel@thedailyprophecy

Mel is a microbiology technician who is obsessed with Disney, fairytale retellings and fantasy. If she's not reading or blogging, she's either busy with gaming, hanging out with family or watching a TV show. She loves summer and bright nail polish. One of her dreams is to travel the world. She has found her Prince Charming and they are together for 7+ years.

16 comments:

  1. Ooh that looks intriguing! Sounds like a good read!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, that cover is so gorgeous! Second, female spies and dark magic? Yes please!

    - Ellie at The Selkie Reads Stories

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pick, this one looks really great. I must add it to my TBR pile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks good. Hope you get to read it soon!
    Brandi at Blkosiner’s Book Blog]]

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cover for this one is pretty darn gorgeous! Those two sentences pull me in as well. Thanks for putting this on my radar, Mel. Adding this to my TBR, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo, The Golden City looks amazing. Definitely kind of intense, and the fantasy elements sound amazing. This is the first I've heard of this book. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds soooo interesting!!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree, the cover is very pretty. Plus, I love the summary! Magic and sea folk? Count me in.
    Thanks for putting this on my radar, Melanie.

    -Dannielle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this sounds awesome! I've just added it to my TBR list.
    The cover is beautiful!
    Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh gosh, I just love the cover and sound of this one! Doesn't it make you so happy when something sounds utterly original? I'm totally sold. Lovely pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow! This one sounds so cool! And such a different idea, too. Loving the sound of it!
    Thanks for stopping by my WoW :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this sounds really fantastic! Thanks so much for featuring it - I wouldn't have come across it otherwise. I really like the sound of it and can't wait to read it now once it releases. Brilliant pick as always, Mel! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the sound of this spy-I hadn't heard of this one before but it sounds super interesting and worth reading.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible. Remember to return to see my reply! :)

Copyright © 2012 The Daily Prophecy
Template and Design by Hopeless Romantics
Toptal (Topal) / CC BY-SA 3.0