Wednesday, May 08, 2013 10:00

WoW 38. Retellings: Scarlet in snow & Unhinged.


 Hosted by: Breaking the spine.

Sophie Masson - Scarlet in the snow.
May 1st 2013 by Random House

I know it's already published, but I hardly heard anything about this book and it sounds awesome. I thought I should share it with other fairytale lovers out there!

Scarlet In The Snow
A deserted mansion. Empty picture frames. A perfect red rose in a snowy garden. There is rich and powerful magic here, and a mystery to unravel.. When Natasha is forced to take shelter from a sudden, terrible blizzard, she is lucky to see a mansion looming out of the snow. So begins an extraordinary adventure that will see Natasha plunged deep into the heart of a mystery. She begins to realize she has stumbled onto a great tragedy - a spell of revenge laid on the young man the Beast once was, devised by a powerful sorcerer. But even if she can break the spell, the Beast she has now come to love will be snatched from her. Natasha will have a long journey, and many ordeals, ahead of her before there can be a happy ending. Inspired by two beautiful Russian fairytales - The Scarlet Flower (the Russian version of Beauty and the Beast) and Fenist the Falcon, Scarlet in the Snow is a beguiling mix of magic, romance, adventure and mystery.

Unhinged (Splintered, #2)
& I'm waiting for A.G Howard - Unhinged, after loving Splintered.
January 2014 by Amulet.


As prom and graduation creep closer, Alyssa juggles Morpheus’s unsettling presence in her real world with trying to tell Jeb the truth about a past he’s forgotten. Glimpses of Wonderland start to bleed through her art and into her world in very disturbing ways, and Morpheus warns that Queen Red won’t be far behind. If Alyssa stays in the human realm, she could endanger Jeb, her parents, and everyone she loves. But if she steps through the rabbit hole again, she'll face a deadly battle that could cost more than just her head.


author image

Mel@thedailyprophecy

Mel is a microbiology technician who is obsessed with Disney, fairytale retellings and fantasy. If she's not reading or blogging, she's either busy with gaming, hanging out with family or watching a TV show. She loves summer and bright nail polish. One of her dreams is to travel the world. She has found her Prince Charming and they are together for 7+ years.

22 comments:

  1. I can't wait for Unhinged. That cover... <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know about Scarlet In The Snow! I've added it to my ever-growing wishlist xD I'm a sucker for pretty covers and Beauty and the Beast retellings, and this story has both. Thanks for sharing, Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been seeing Unhinged around, never did read the first one in that series. The first WoW pick here looks pretty awesome!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome choices!! I love the cover of Unhinged!!

    New follower.

    Here is my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so want to read Unhinged :( And I hope Alyssa ends up with Morpheus. That guy is a manipulator, but at least he's much better than that control-freak Jeb.

    On a brighter note, the cover is so pretty! So Wonderland-ish and purple (favorite color).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Scarlet looks good! Hope you get to read it soon!
    Brandi at Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm probably the only person who doesn't like the cover for Unhinged. I loved Splintered's cover, it was pretty, but this one is a bit too... odd for my taste. :P But Scarlet in the Snow sounds great, though! I hadn't heard of it before your post, so thanks for putting it on my radar, Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm really not into retellings so I'll skip both of these. I mean I've read Splintered. It wasn't bad but noting to blow me away. I hope you'll get to read these soon! :)

    Tanja @ Ja čitam, a ti?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I CANNOT wait for Unhinged! I adored Splintered. I'm a new follower. :)

    Reading Lark's WOW

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bought Splintered online the other day, while I don't have it in my hands quite yet, I am so in love with the cover! And that Unhinged one is no exception. STUNNING! <3

    Great pick, Mel. And I love your signature avatar, very cute ;D

    ReplyDelete
  11. OHMYGOSH, Scarlet in Snow sounds SOOO good and magical and romantic. Totally adding this to the top of my list to find and read! Thanks for sharing Mel! And I love the cover for Unhinged. Compliments Splintered so well. I still need to read that one too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so excited for Unhinged, it sounds so amazing...and that cover is to die for. I haven't heard of Scarlet in the Snow but it sounds fantastic as well. Great picks Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so excited about Unhinged and Scarlet in the Snow sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh this is the first I've heard of Scarlet in the Snow. I need to look into that one. It looks amazing. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Scarlet in the Snow looks amazing-I can't believe I haven't heard of it before. Thanks for introducing it to me!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great picks sweetie ;) cannot wait for unhinged. <3 hope you will love them both :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looking forward to Unhinged. I did love, love, love Splintered but I enjoyed it enough to try a sequel. Not sure about that cover though...probably spoiled by the first one which was so freakin' fantastic that I want to hang it on my wall!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These two sound so intriguing! Hope you'll enjoy them. Thanks for dropping by my WoW.

    Nina @ The Bookish Confections

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have yet to read Splintered, BUT want Unhinged because of its gorgeous (purple!!) cover :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ooh, I have a copy of Scarlet in the Snow! Unfortunately I couldn't get into it, try as I might- it just seemed quite stiff and didn't work for me. I look forward to hearing what you think of it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh wow, look at that cover for Splintered! I haven't read the first book, but I want to! And I saw Scarlet in the Snow this week at the shops, and I almost bought it!!

    Thanks for visiting my blog, and I'm sorry for not visiting last week!

    Shaheen @ Speculating on SpecFic
    Check out what I'm waiting on!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible. Remember to return to see my reply! :)

Copyright © 2012 The Daily Prophecy
Template and Design by Hopeless Romantics
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0