Monday, May 13, 2013 23:25

Bout of Books '13.

Bout of Books

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 13th and runs through Sunday, May 19th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 7.0information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team.

My bloglovin' account is filled with posts about Bout of Books, so I decided to take a look at this read-a-thon. It sounds like fun and I definitely want to read some more books this week. Hence, my very late sign up post. I'm going to set my goal on reading 4/5 books. I'm not sure yet which books I'm going to read, but these are candidates:

Changeless (Parasol Protectorate, #2)The Princess CurseLegend (Legend, #1)The Eternity Cure (Blood of Eden, #2)

If you want to stay updated, you can check my complete read-a-thon page right here: Read-a-thon challenges and I will be editing this post with my progress.

Let's have some fun!

                                                    Monday:                                           

Pages: 410/410.
Progress (%): 100 %, done.
Comment: LOVE IT.

                                                    Tuesday:                                          

Pages: 106/240
Progress (%): 44%
Comment: I really like it.

                                                    Wednesday:                                     

Pages: 240/240.
Progress (%): 100%, done.
Comment: Oh, this was good! :)

Author & Book: Bridget Zinn - Poison.
Pages: 48/288.
Progress (%): 17%

Pages: From page 102 to 220/367.
Progress (%): 60%
Comment: fun, fun, fun! I always like it when I find fairytale stories I haven't heard of before.


                                                    Thursday:                                         

Author & BookBridget Zinn - Poison.
Pages: 115/288.
Progress (%): 40%
Comment: This book is a real 'Mel' book! I love it so far.

                                                    Friday:                                             

Author & BookBridget Zinn - Poison.
Pages: 288/288.
Progress (%): 100%, done.
Comment: It was great! Loved it :)

Author & Book: Marie Lu - Legend.
Pages: 100/305.
Progress (%): 33%
Comment: Oh, this is good. 

                                                    Saturday:                                         

Author & BookMarie Lu - Legend.
Pages: 305/305.
Progress (%): 100%, done.
Comment: Awesome.

                                                    Sunday:                                           

Pages: 386/406.
Progress (%): 95%.

I finished Gilt this morning. Such a shame I couldn't finish it on Sunday! So I finish this read-a-thon with 4, almost 5, read books. I completed my goal :)

author image

Mel@thedailyprophecy

Mel is a microbiology technician who is obsessed with Disney, fairytale retellings and fantasy. If she's not reading or blogging, she's either busy with gaming, hanging out with family or watching a TV show. She loves summer and bright nail polish. One of her dreams is to travel the world. She has found her Prince Charming and they are together for 7+ years.

49 comments:

  1. Yay, I'm glad you're joining in, Mel! It's been a lot of fun so far :) Good luck with reading these! (I'm planning to read the Immortal Rules, so I hope it's a good series.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see what you think about it. It was one of my favorites from 2012 :)

      Delete
    2. Oh, you did such a good job!! I also read 4, almost 5 books (my goal was 5 ha) so we both did good :) And it's even better that you enjoyed all your reads! I especially can't wait to read Poison, which sounds awesome.

      Delete
  2. Yay! So glad you decided to participate. I'm super excited about this readathon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh good. I'm doing this one too and my goal is to read 4 books as well! Good luck, Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, your blog design is so pretty ! I love the font colors. Good job on reading one book so far, I suggest Legend next. It's great !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kat! And I will keep that in mind. I think I'll be reading it as my fourth book.

      Delete
  5. EEEP! I REALLY want to read The Crown of Embers! Though my priority is to read Fever and Sever so i am going to read those during this readathon. I'm doing it through twitter though.

    great work! I'm glad you loved the crown of embers

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have yet to take part in a readathon but I really want too. I'm hoping there will be one this summer that I can do. I'm a bit too busy with work this week to take part on this one. Good luck though!

    Lauren from www.shootingstarsmag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a shame you can't participate, but I hope you can find one in the summer. I bet there will be one :D

      Delete
  7. You're doing so good! You've already gotten one book down, that's more than me :)
    Good luck with the rest of the days!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good job getting that book read today. I am hoping to spend an entire day this week reading at least one book! We'll see!
    Angie
    my goal for Bout of Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck! *heads of to comment on your goal*

      Delete
  9. Legend is a great book! I really liked it. Also, The Eternity Cure sounds fantastic. Good luck on all your goals :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great picks, Mel! They all look real promising. I'll be eager to hear about the Gail Carriger one and The Eternity Cure (which was awesome!). Happy reading and I hope you reach those goals! <333

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm in the middle of Girl of Fire and Thorns and it is amazing, sadly I put it down because of school and haven't picked it back up. But I'm happy to hear you loved the second book. The Princess Curse looks so good. Enjoy all your books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you can continue soon, because I love this series! :)

      Delete
  12. Goodluck with your goals, Mel! I'm curious to see what you think of Legend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm curious too, because I've heard so many great things about it.

      Delete
  13. Good luck with this, Mel! The Eternity Cure was really good - I think I enjoyed it a tad bit more than The Immortal Rules, surprisingly. Legend was on the "meh" side for me, but looking forward to your thoughts all the same. :) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already loved The immortal rules, so I think it's going to be epic :D

      Delete
  14. I need to get on with Parasol Protectorate, have all 5 books on my shelf. :)

    Good progress on day one - keep it up! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! I can't wait to buy them all, I like the covers.

      Delete
  15. Lovin' the cover of "The Princess Curse". I don't know why, but I'm more fond of covers that are not photographs. I've been meaning to read the Parasol Protectorate series after I read the first two volumes of its manga. Although there is not much steampunk, I love the comedy and settings of the novels.

    Unfortunately I can't join at the moment but I would love to try this next year if it's still up! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't really like most face-covers either (although, I do like the ones from this series) I hope you can join next year :D!

      Delete
  16. One of these days I'm going to have to read The Eternity Cure....

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Legend was really good! And I have heard good thing about that Gail Carringer series and I love the covers!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey there! Seriously love your book choices! I've wanted to read Legend and The Immortal Rules for so long and now the sequels are out and I still haven't :) I hope you'll love all of your books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thanks! I hope I'll love them too :D

      Delete
  19. YAY! I'm so glad you're doing this too! I've read 1 book so far and I'm about 1/3 into the second one. Best of luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats Mel! You're doing really well :)
    I definitely suggest reading The Eternity Cure, it was awesome! :D
    Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good idea to participate in a read-a-thon. I should have done that, too. I just finished The Eternity Cure and this one took me ages to read, it was so long! Good luck and happy reading:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love Legend! It's defiantly worth the read! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yay! Looks like you are doing good ;) Enjoy reading. <3 Ohh. Legend is just so so so good :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  24. You are doing amazing! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great job! I hope you like Legend and I really want to read Poison.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Glad to see you enjoyed Legend! =) Have a happy last day of #boutofbooks!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Legend and The Eternity Cure are both books I'd like to read. Good luck with your reading and Bout of Books goals on the last day! New twitter, pinterest and email follower here. Here are my Bout of Books Read-a-thon Goals and Updates if you'd like to stop by.

    ReplyDelete
  28. You picked really good books for the readathon, it seems :) I'm glad they all were such good reading experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I hope you've had a great read-a-thon! ;) I thought Poison was so cute, and I'm really curious about Andrew Lang's fairytale books, I'll have to check them out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Glad to see you decided to do Bout of Bookis as well! I decided to participate for the same reasons you did (it seemed to be everywhere and it looked like a good opportunity to get some reading done) and it really looks like your readathon is coming along nicely. Good luck in these last few hours and I'm glad you're having fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible. Remember to return to see my reply! :)

Copyright © 2012 The Daily Prophecy
Template and Design by Hopeless Romantics
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0