WoW 34. Wounded name, Beauty's daughter and Dangerous deception.

Hosted by: Breaking the spine.

I’m going to pick 3 books with different topics, because I’ve spotted so many great books this week! Be sure to stop by next week to see 3 other titles.


Retelling.A Wounded Name
Dot Hutchison – A wounded name.
Expected publication: September 1st 2013 by Carolrhoda Lab.
Parts of the summary:

Now, in the wake of the Headmaster's sudden death, the whole academy is in turmoil, and Ophelia can no longer ignore the fae. Especially once she starts seeing the Headmaster's ghosts- two of them- on the school grounds.

YOU KNOW HOW THIS STORY ENDS.

Yet even in the face of certain death, Ophelia has a choice to make- and a promise to keep. She is not the girl others want her to be. But in Dot Hutchison's dark and sensuous debut novel, the name "Ophelia" is as deeply, painfully, tragically real as "Hamlet".

Historical Fiction, adult.
Beauty's Daughter: The Story of Hermione and Helen of Troy
Carolyn Meyer – Beauty’s daughter: the story of Hermione and Helen of Troy.
Expected publication: October 8th 2013 by Harcourt Children's Books.

The Spartan princess Hermione is the daughter of Helen, who is known as the most beautiful woman in the ancient world. When Helen runs off to Troy with the handsome young Prince Paris, Hermione's father, King Menelaus, erupts in fury. He amasses a thousand ships and sails for Troy, determined to reclaim Helen. This is the beginning of the Trojan War. For the next ten years, young Hermione lives outside the walls of Troy and is a witness to the battles that result in the death of heroes on both sides. Can she ever forgive her mother for creating such chaos? And will Hermione find her own love and her own place in the world?


Historical Fiction, YA.
A Most Dangerous Deception (Palace of Spies, #1)
Sarah Zettel – A most dangerous deception.
Expected publication: November 5th 2013 by Harcourt Children's Books.

A warning to all young ladies of delicate breeding who wish to embark upon lives of adventure: Don't.

Sixteen-year-old Peggy is a well-bred orphan who is coerced into posing as a lady in waiting at the palace of King George I. Life is grand, until Peggy starts to suspect that the girl she's impersonating might have been murdered. Unless Peggy can discover the truth, she might be doomed to the same terrible fate. But in a court of shadows and intrigue, anyone could be a spy—perhaps even the handsome young artist with whom Peggy is falling in love.


What do you think? And don't forget to leave a link to your WoW pick!

58 comments

  1. Oh, they look wonderful! I'm adding A Wounded Name and Beauty's Daughter to my TBR

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really looking forward to A WOUNDED NAME as well! I haven't heard of the rest, but the definitely look intriguing. Off to check them out of GR. :) Great picks, Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOh new to me books! They all have eyecatching covers and are making me quite curious!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is why I love this meme, always finding new books :D

      Delete
  4. Oh, I love those covers. They are all just gorgeous :D They all sound pretty awesome ;) I hope you will enjoy all of them sweetie, when they comes out :)
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Mel you have a great taste in books! ;) These sound exactly my kind of reads, I adore re-tellings and historical fiction! -adds to GR-

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the covers! A Most Dangerous Deception sounds quite interesting, I will have to read your review of it :)

    My WoW

    Ashley @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my god..Mel so Mich amazing books! A wounded name sounds so so good and love the cover!

    Happy Reading!
    Mg WoW: http://wwwthebookshelves.blogspot.com/2013/03/waiting-on-wednesday-24-dirty-little.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great looking picks! My favorite is A Wounded Name. Enjoy!

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  9. All three of these sound good. My Historical Fiction TBR Wishlist is getting some love today that's for sure!

    Here's my WoW pick for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooh lovely covers. thanks for sharing.

    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/03/waiting-on-wednesday-39.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. A Wounded Name has the most gorgeous cover! Fantastic picks. :)
    My WoW Pick!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I almost picked A wounded name for my wow too it looks so good! Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Whoa! These are some awesome picks this week! I can't to read some of them! I love Historical Fiction! Thanks for visiting Mel!

    <333 Inky @ Book Haven Extraordinaire

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the sound of A Most Dangerous Deception - I love truly unique story lines!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You always have the most awesome WoW picks! A Wounded Name particularly caught my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love all three of your WOW picks this week, Mel! Beauty's Daughter especially caught my eye with it's intriguing synopsis. A Wounded Name has an incredibly pretty front cover though, and I would definitely stop by and look at it if I passed it in a bookshop! I love Historical YA Fiction, so A Most Dangerous Deception might be my kind of book. Thank you for sharing your wonderful WOW picks :)

    By the way, I can't believe I only just noticed this, but I just realised how you end each post with a different signature. I love the little images next to "Mel" , especially the one of Beauty dancing with the Beast. I love the Tinkerbell one above too, though! Sorry for being random, I just had to let you know how adorable they are! :) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica <3 I always appreciate such comments!

      Delete
  17. Love the cover for beauty's Daughter. Hope you get to read it soon!
    Brandi at Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  18. These ALL look so amazing! Great choices.
    New Follower <3!
    Beth | The Reading Vixens [Formerly YA Vixens]
    Vixen's WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the sound of A Most Dangerous Deception! I'll definitely have to check it out when it releases. Great picks!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great picks. I am adding A Wounded Name to my list. Lived Hamlet, can't wait to read this one now. Thanks for stopping by PTB

    ReplyDelete
  21. These sound fabulous! Thanks for sharing and for stopping by mine for Going Vintage and The Avery Shaw Experiment.


    Tressa @ Tressa's Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
  22. I can't wait for A Wounded Name! Dot is super nice. And I love the story of Hamlet! Great choices! :D

    Here is my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, all three of these sound really legit! I think I want to read them all!


    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ahhhh I love historical fiction and retellings! I'm especially excited about A Wounded Name! Hamlet is my favorite Shakespeare play. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh, these all look so good and I hadn't heard of any of them! I'm especially interested in Beauty's Daughter as it's been a while since I've read anything Trojan.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love historical fiction and retellings, so these all look awesome to me! Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  27. These all sound really good. I am definitely adding A Most Dangerous Deception to my tbr. Thanks for sharing. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I actually haven't heard of any of these, but I'm starting to get into Historical...so into my TBR they go! Great choices :) And also, I love how most historical covers have photos with big frilly dresses and/or flowers. Love <3

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love your WOW posts because I actually NEVER know about the books you mention!! It's great finding new interesting books! Thanks for sharing, oh and I LOVE the covers!
    - Farah @ MajiBookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  30. The cover on A Wounded Name is gorgeous. Hopefully you get to read these soon, Mel. :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. I haven't heard of any of these books, but they all look so good! I'm definitely putting A Wounded Name to my TBR list. The cover is gorgeous and the concept is so intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  32. All those books sound great. I especially like the idea for A Most Dangerous Deception :) Amazing picks!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow! These all sound awesome plus they are new to me! I'm away to look them up right away! Thanks for sharing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh, you pick books with such beautiful covers, Mel! <3 I especially like the cover of The Wounded Name - so pretty! I haven't seen any of those books, so you add more books to my never ending list of TBR! ;) Beauty's Daughter sounds really good, I love historical fiction! It's very interesting that it is told from POV of the daughter of Helen, not Helen herself. :) I can't wait for A Most Dangerous Deception, love the premise! <3

    Awesome picks, Mel! :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. I absolutely LOVE the cover for A Wounded Name!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love the cover for A Wounded Name so very much, I can't wait for that one either. Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Wow, Beauty's Daughter sounds AWESOME! I've always been fascinated by the Helen of Troy story. I can't imagine what it would be like to have a mother as infamous as Helen, so I'm really curious to see what Hermione is like!

    ReplyDelete
  38. What lovely covers! I hadn't heard of any of these so I'll have to go check them out :)


    Thanks for stopping by Book Cover Justice!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Great picks, Mel! I like that you've picked titles that I haven't actually come across before. A Most Dangerous Deception is calling to me the most here. I'm off to add that one on Goodreads. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. I haven't heard of any of these before but they all sound great! A Most Dangerous Deception interests me the most though, both period-wise and from what it's about! Thanks for pointing it out to me, and for stopping by yesterday :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible.