Friday, March 01, 2013 21:49

Take control of your TBR-pile Read-A-Thon.

I did one read-a-thon last year and I had so much fun, that I decided to participate in a few this year. This read-a-thon sounds great and I have more than enough books on the shelves I need to read. I really hope to lower my TBR pile, because the amount of unread books is overwhelming.

You can find more information here at the host: Kimba @Caffeinated Book reviewer. But a short version (from her blog): This month is meant to read away that TBR-pile. Every book must be published before March 2013. Time to read your own books! This Read-A-Thon starts March 1st and ends March 31.

Link to my read-a-thon page: Thedailyprophecy. You can find my progress there.



Planning to read:
1. Wendy Higgings - Sweet evil.
2. Emily McKay - The farm.
3. Robin Wasserman - The book of blood & shadow.
4. Laini Taylor - Daughter of smoke and bone.

5. Sangu Mandanna - The lost girl.
6. Sarah Zettel - Dust girl.
7. J. A. Souders - Renegade.
8. Philippa Gregory - Changeling.
9. Jody Gherman - Audrey's guide to witchcraft.
10. Leigh Bardugo - Shadow and bone.

and I'm currently reading Splintered by A.G Howard, part of my TBR pile.
 
Have you read any of these books? Which one do you recommend to read first? If you are participating, leave a link to your post and I'll definitely stop by!
author image

Mel@thedailyprophecy

Mel is a microbiology technician who is obsessed with Disney, fairytale retellings and fantasy. If she's not reading or blogging, she's either busy with gaming, hanging out with family or watching a TV show. She loves summer and bright nail polish. One of her dreams is to travel the world. She has found her Prince Charming and they are together for 7+ years.

33 comments:

  1. Yay! You'll be reading Shadow & Bone. That was one of my favourite books from last year, so I can't wait to see what you make of it. Also looking forward to your thoughts on Splintered! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is good to hear. It's the first book I picked and so far, I really like it! :)

      Delete
  2. Daughter of Smoke and Bone or Shadow & Bone - they would be first on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. DAUGHTER OF SMOKE AND BONE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT'S HOLY!!!
    haha. I LOVE that series!!! SO. GOOD.
    I also really liked Shadow & Bone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that is going to be my next book then! ;)

      Delete
  4. Oh The Farm I really want to get that one! And The book of blood & shadow is so good! One of my favs but it does get about 100 pages to get started to be patient it totally pays off! And when it does start, it STARTS! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have an ARC and a finished copy. I'd be happy to send you one if you want.

      Delete
    2. I will keep that in mind, Giselle!

      Delete
  5. I definitely recommend you read Daughter Of Smoke and Bone ASAP. It's an incredible book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, such a good idea! My TBR pile is ridiculous. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, mine is a bit out of control too.. And my birthday is coming close, so you know what that means! Haha.

      Delete
  7. I'm with the crowd. Daughter of Smoke and Bone is really impressive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep hearing that, so I'm very excited to start it after I finish Shadow and bone (pretty confusing! Those titles are so similar)

      Delete
  8. Good luck! I need to start reading Laini Taylor this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get to read her book too this year! :)

      Delete
  9. I would recommend Shadow and Bone. I'm one of the ones who was not enthralled by Daughter of Smoke and Bone (it is kind of annoying me that both have bone in their title).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm sometimes a bit confused by the title.

      Delete
  10. I haven't read any of those yet but I have The Farm. It's a review book so it doesn't count for me but as you saw on my post, I have no lack of choices. :D

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I know the feeling. It was hard to pick only 10 books I need to read, since I have so many books waiting.

      Delete
  11. I love Shadow and Bone, The Farm and Daughter of Smoke& Bone! Hope you love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear that! I'm now reading Shadow and bone and I really like it so far :)

      Delete
  12. Ahhh! I've been wanting to do a read-a-thon, but I'm scared I'll be really slow at it and get really stressed. I really loved daughter of smoke and bone, shadow and bone, and the lost girl. i flew through them so I hope you do too! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you should try it out! It is so much fun :) There is no need to get stressed. You could always set the bar on 5 books and see how far you can get.

      Delete
  13. Lots of good ones but I recommend Daughter of Smoke and Bone or Shadow and Bone. Happy Reading!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everybody picks the same books, so that must mean I will be blown away by them :D

      Delete
  14. thanks for stopping by for encouragement. i wish i could stop working and sleeping in order to read more books for the THON!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the feeling. School definitely comes in my way :p

      Delete
  15. Oooo a read-a-thon sounds like fun. I just read Splintered and thought it pretty cool, but I also read Shadow and Bone and adored it. I couldn't put it down and actually read the whole book in one day. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I joined this one too! I hope you knock a bunch of these off your list :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible. Remember to return to see my reply! :)

Copyright © 2012 The Daily Prophecy
Template and Design by Hopeless Romantics
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0