Monday, February 04, 2013 10:35

First Blogoversary!


NaamloosI know it's a pretty crappy header, but I'm not that good with paint.

Saturday, February 04, 2012
was the exact date I started The Daily Prophecy. My first blog post was a short introduction about myself (This world is but a canvas to our imaginations.) My first review was a fairytale retelling by Cameron Dokey called The wild Orchid. The first meme I participated in was Waiting on Wednesday and I picked Kiersten White – Endlessly. March 27 was my first mailbox and I showcase the first eARC I got: Sarah Cross – Kill me softly. This book was provided by Netgalley and Egmont US.

My first real blogging friend was Viv from Vivaciously Vivian! Definitely head over to her blog if you haven’t heard of her. She is a sweet heart and she writes gorgeous reviews. Other nice bloggers are Riya from The teen book guru, Judith from Paper Riot, Megan from Ink skies, Natalia from Dazzling reads, Jessi from Auntie Spinelli Reads, Kristen from Kristen Evey (my fellow fairytale lover) and Giselle from Xpresso Reads. But don’t forget that you are all awesome bloggers! I appreciate all the comments you leave; they always make me smile. You guys rock.

I’m still happy that I took the step to start The daily prophecy. The blogging community is so kind and it’s great to talk about my great passion: books! I never expected to receive free reviews books and I never heard of (e)ARC’s before. I’m learning new things every day and it’s a great experience. 

Some numbers:
1197 followers.
40.636 pageviews.
122 reviews.

Thank you so much and most of all: on to another year of blogging!

PS: I thought it should be fun to make another post later this week about myself, so if you have any question(s), leave them in the comments!
Pooh
author image

Mel@thedailyprophecy

Mel is a microbiology technician who is obsessed with Disney, fairytale retellings and fantasy. If she's not reading or blogging, she's either busy with gaming, hanging out with family or watching a TV show. She loves summer and bright nail polish. One of her dreams is to travel the world. She has found her Prince Charming and they are together for 7+ years.

28 comments:

  1. Happy blogoversary, Mel! :))) Keep blogging and enjoying it, sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy blogoversary!! One year is such a big one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Happy Blogoversary! Hope you have many more happy years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Mel! <3 I loved reading about your first posts and I'm very happy I met you! :) Here's to many more years of blogging!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy blogobersary-here's to many more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yay happy blogoversary, to many more to come! :) That's a nice # stats you got there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, happy blogoversary, Mel! To another great year to come! :)

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY! Happy Blogoversary Mel!!! And I LOVE your header. It's super cute. :) Here's to another year of blogging and fairy tales. *clinks glass* *eats cake*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy blogoversary! Your numbers are really good! Cheers.to more happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw, great job, Mel!! Congrats on the first blogoversary!!!! I love your personality and appreciate all the comments you leave on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. AWESOME!!! Congrats :)

    We gave you a shout out today on our TTT!

    Ashley @The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awsome!! :) Congrats on your first blogoversary! Mine is just around the corner ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yaaay, happy blogoversary Mel!! Here's to many more to come :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Blogoversary! I look forward to seeing your post about you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy blogoversary, and best wishes for many more :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations and Happy Blogoversary, Mel! I hope you are around for many more!

    ReplyDelete
  17. HAPPY BLOGOVERSARY! I'm a new follower and I adore your blog! :)

    Alice @ Alice in Readerland

    ReplyDelete
  18. Four days belated but: HAPPY BLOGOVERSARY!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Blogaversary!! :D Congrats on all that you've achieved:D

    ReplyDelete
  20. -happy sob- Happy (belated, SOOO sorry) Blogoversary, Mel~!!! <3 This is such a special event; look at how far you've gotten! And I'm relishing the fact that I've been reading your lovely reviews for a year now >_< Cheers to many more years of joyous reading and book blogging to come!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible. Remember to return to see my reply! :)

Copyright © 2012 The Daily Prophecy
Template and Design by Hopeless Romantics
Toptal (Topal) / CC BY-SA 3.0