Wednesday, January 30, 2013 12:41

WoW 29. Coverless 2014 edition.


This week I decided to return to my fairytales and I picked 3 books from 2014 without a cover to showcase. They sound great to me and I can't wait for the covers.

Title: The glass casket.
Author:McCormick Templeman.
Expected Publication: 2014.
Publisher:
Delacorte Books for Young Readers.
Pitched as a twisted retelling of Snow White, in which a 16-year-old is left to uncover the evil forces responsible for her cousin’s gruesome murder before they destroy her family, her village, and her whole world.
 
Title: A rose during the winter.
Author: Bianca Inson.
Pages: 450.
Expected Publication: November 18th 2014.
Set in the futuristic world of Rapture, where fairy tales have always existed and are at war with humans. When Rose Grimm is attacked in her home by a dragon, she discovers a frightening ability within her that can create, but also destroy.Exiled from the Human compound, Rose is sent into the unforgiving landscape that is the Dark Seas. Rose is then kidnapped by brothers Echo the Wolf and Fuse the Huntsman, and brought to Maleficent, who believes she is the key to raging war on Humans and Fairy Tale creatures alike. As Rose is thrown deeper into a world she does not understand, anger and fear will unleash a power so dark and destructive that Rapture will fall to it's knee's.

Title: Grim.
Author: Christine Johnson.
Expected Publication: 2014.
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
CLAIRE DE LUNE and NOCTURNE author Christine Johnson, ed.’s GRIM, an anthology of dark fairy tale retellings, featuring stories by New York Times bestselling authors Ellen Hopkins, Amanda Hocking, Claudia Gray, Rachel Hawkins, Julie Kagawa, and others, to Natashya Wilson at HarlequinTeen, in a nice deal, for publication in Winter 2014, by Caryn Wiseman at Andrea Brown Literary Agency (World).

Let me know what you think and leave a link to your WoW pick!


author image

Mel@thedailyprophecy

Mel is a microbiology technician who is obsessed with Disney, fairytale retellings and fantasy. If she's not reading or blogging, she's either busy with gaming, hanging out with family or watching a TV show. She loves summer and bright nail polish. One of her dreams is to travel the world. She has found her Prince Charming and they are together for 7+ years.

27 comments:

  1. Those are new to me! Guess they would be being 2014 releases. That's a long wait!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I didn't realize how many more retellings were coming out. I'd like to read Grim.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooohh fairytales fun! Such a long wait! But I expect beautiful covers! Thanks for sharing!
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you have a treasure trove here...and when the covers are revealed, they will be another treasure, I'm sure!

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  5. So this is kind of torturous! I want them all now and there aren't even covers to ogle yet because we have to wait a year :( But they all look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haven't heard of these, but hope you get to read them soon!
    Brandi @ Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't need the cover, A Rose During the Winter is such a wonderful title, it pretty much ensured that I'll read it as soon as it comes out. I'm weak like that.
    Too bad we'll have to wait awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mel these all sound great! I just had to add them all to my goodreads shelf hah. Too bad we have to wait over a year! Thanks for sharing!!

    my WoW

    Nicole @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm really looking forward to finding out more about The Glass Casket! I haven't read anything by that author before, but I hope I can make this the first book. Rose During the Winter sounds brilliant too! I can't wait to see the covers for these. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I've only heard of one of them (Grim) and it looks like you found me 2 more!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooo, 2014!!! NICE!!!! I haven't heard of any of these - but I will keep my eye out for more details of them! Great choices :)

    My Wow Post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. 2014!!! That's a long loong wait. I like The Glass Casket.
    Thanks for stopping by My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  13. ALL THE FAIRY TALES! Well, some. I don't know which of these looks the best... *adds all three to TBR*

    ReplyDelete
  14. HALLO MEL!
    It's been a while :D
    I didn't understand what you meant by "coverless" for a moment, and then I realised why: they don't come out for another year! "Why must you hurt me this way [Harry]" :D I enjoyed Christine Johnson's "Claire de Lune", and her new book with all those fantastically dark and brilliant writers is really making me sad. WHY 2014?!

    Thanks for sharing, even though I won't be able to read them for a whole year
    Thanks a lot.

    Just kidding :)
    -Kirthi

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glass Casket sounds amazing--I'm so looking forward to that one! I like the "coverless" WOW edition, hah.

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete
  16. Quite a while to 2014, but I love fairytales so might be worth the wait. Grim. has awesome authors by the way!

    thanks for coming by my blog, mel! (btw, my friends call me mel too ;))

    ReplyDelete
  17. I haven't done a WoW for so long- this one is great! Coverless books get hardly any attention, and I do love me a great cover, but I wish books were publicised and known about more widely before they had covers. I'll have to make a start on doing this, myself.
    And fairytale retellings- this is such an awesome post! These all sound really interesting, particularly the first two!

    ReplyDelete
  18. A Rose During Winter sounds AWESOME! Also, The Glass Casket. Thanks for sharing Mel! Glad to know fairy tales aren't going away any time soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. The Glass Casket totally caught my interest. I love retellings with added new and exciting twists. And yes, Grim too! Since Kagawa is in there. Lol. Fantastic picks, Mel. Just added them on my tbr. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Interesting! Grim sounds pretty cool even though I don't read many anthologies. I'll definitely keep my eyes open for any more info on these. Such a long wait though! Nice picks!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome WoW choices this week. Added all of them to my Goodreads. I am a big fan of fairytale stuff and retellings. Can't wait for them. Thanks for sharing and visiting my WoW. =]

    ReplyDelete
  22. I like the premise for your first pick, The Glass Casket. Promises a good story. Can't wait to see the cover!

    Good idea for a "coverless" WoW, too!

    Eve @ The Readers Show

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ooh, wow! All these sound like AMAZING books - especially THE GLASS CASKET. I was never a fan of Snow White, but I'm intrigued to see how the author will do with this 'twisted retelling'. :) I haven't heard of any of these, so thanks for sharing, Mel! <3

    ReplyDelete
  24. Have not heard of these books before.. but they do all sound amazing :D Can't wait to see their covers ;) I hope you'll love them all when they comes out next year. <3 :)
    Thank you for commenting on my WoW. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hello there, fairy tale retellings! I want them. I want them right now.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love fairy tales/retellings (I'm having Fairy Tale February on my blog) so I LOVE your blog! :) I just followed you via email!

    Alice @ Alice in Readerland

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ooh, fairytale retellings! And is the Julie Kagawa's name, I see? I'm definitely interested! Awesome picks, Mel! I've never heard of any of these before, but they're definitely being added to my list, now.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible. Remember to return to see my reply! :)

Copyright © 2012 The Daily Prophecy
Template and Design by Hopeless Romantics
Toptal (Topal) / CC BY-SA 3.0