Wednesday, December 26, 2012 13:47

WoW 26. Strands & Gated.


Hosted by: Breaking the spine.

Strands of Bronze and GoldStrands of Bronze and Gold - Jane Nickerson.
Expected publication: March 12th 2013 by Random House Children's Books
When seventeen-year-old Sophia Petheram’s beloved father dies, she receives an unexpected letter. An invitation—on fine ivory paper, in bold black handwriting—from the mysterious Monsieur Bernard de Cressac, her godfather. With no money and fewer options, Sophie accepts, leaving her humble childhood home for the astonishingly lavish Wyndriven Abbey, in the heart of Mississippi. Sophie has always longed for a comfortable life, and she finds herself both attracted to and shocked by the charm and easy manners of her overgenerous guardian. But as she begins to piece together the mystery of his past, it’s as if, thread by thread, a silken net is tightening around her. And as she gathers stories and catches whispers of his former wives—all with hair as red as her own—in the forgotten corners of the abbey, Sophie knows she’s trapped in the passion and danger of de Cressac’s intoxicating world.
Gated - Amy Christine Parker.
Gated
Expected publication: August 27th 2013 by Random House Childrens.
Do the gates keep the unchosen out or the chosen in?In Mandrodage Meadows, life seems perfect. The members of this isolated suburban community have thrived under Pioneer, the charismatic leader who saved them from their sad, damaged lives. Lyla Hamilton and her parents are original members of the flock. They moved here following the 9/11 terrorist attacks, looking to escape the evil in the world. Now seventeen, Lyla knows certain facts are not to be questioned: Pioneer is her leader. Will is her Intended. The end of the world is near. Like Noah before him, Pioneer has been told of the imminent destruction of humanity. He says his chosen must arm themselves to fight off the unchosen people, who will surely seek refuge in the compound's underground fortress--the Silo. Lyla loves her family and friends, but given the choice, she prefers painting to target practice. And lately she'd rather think about a certain boy outside the compound than plan for married life in the Silo with Will. But with the end of days drawing near, she will have to pick up a gun, take a side, and let everyone know where she stands.

author image

Mel@thedailyprophecy

Mel is a microbiology technician who is obsessed with Disney, fairytale retellings and fantasy. If she's not reading or blogging, she's either busy with gaming, hanging out with family or watching a TV show. She loves summer and bright nail polish. One of her dreams is to travel the world. She has found her Prince Charming and they are together for 7+ years.

22 comments:

  1. Nice! Can't wait for Strands of Bronze and Gold either!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gated sounds super awesome!Lovely covers-adding them to my ever growing TBR pile! :D

    Say It With Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to read Strands of Bronze and Gold. It's actually on netgalley. I was approved, and can't wait to start it. The cover is so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of either of these. They both sounds good. Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These sound amazing. They are both going on my TBR list. I haven't heard of either, and I love the dark themes that they have going on. Great picks. Please check out my WoW!

    Thanks,

    Anna @ Wandering Librarians

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Gated looks scary. And I love me some scary stories :)
    Love the cover of Strands of Bronze and Gold. And what a great title!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Gated" looks freaky (in a good way). Thanks for sharing- and stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm also dying to read both of these. Thanks for sharing. Don't they both look simply fantastic?

    Here's mine

    ~Danica Page
    Taking it One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haven't heard of either. Hope you get to read it soon!
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't heard of either of these either! The Gated sounds so intense, and the cover is a bit creepy, I think, lol!
    Great picks, thanks for sharing them :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Strands of Bronze and Gold looks like a fabulous historical fiction, and I've been looking for more of those to read! It also seems like it has a really great mystery, which is something I always enjoy. And Gated does look a little stereotypical, but I think if it's done well, it could turn out to be really fantastic! I love a good dystopian, so I think it'll go on my TBR anyways. ;) Not to mention that eerie yet lovely cover!

    Fantastic picks, Mel. Thanks for sharing! <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hadn't heard of Gated but I love the girl's eye peeking out even though usually eyes on the cover freak me out. The premise is very interesting although, as a fan of book boys named Will, I'm rooting for that guy already instead of the outsider.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous covers! I haven't heard of these books before now but they both sound great.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can't wait for Strands of Bronze and Gold either!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've heard of the first book and think it sounds great but I hadn't heard of your second pick so thanks for featuring it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Gated sounds good! I haven't come across it before so I'll have to stalk it now.

    Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooh Gated sounds epic! I love that cover, too! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I also had Strands of Bronze and Gold this week.
    And while Gated does sound interesting, I just feel like I need a break from dystopian YA in 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the cover for Gated. I think it's really unique.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, gorgeous covers. Especially love the one for Gated :D I hope you'll love these books when they comes out. <3 Thank you for sharing :D
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible. Remember to return to see my reply! :)

Copyright © 2012 The Daily Prophecy
Template and Design by Hopeless Romantics
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0