Monday, December 31, 2012 09:00

Goodbye 2012, hello 2013!

New Year 13
Since the world decided not to end after all, we can go and celebrate the start of a new year! 2013 is a new start and I hope that all your dreams, wishes and goals will come true. I hope that your days will be filled with happiness, luck, opportunities and health. I hope that you will spend most of your time with your loved ones (and with reading a lot of great books of course ;)) Here is a capture of some of the things I did in 2012:

1. I started blogging and a whole new world opened up for me. I’ve made blogging friends, I’ve won great books, I got my first ARC and review copies and I’ve learned so much more about books and authors. I participated in Bloggiesta, I joined my first read-a-thon and I participated in 3 reading challenges (and I completed them).
2. I celebrated my 4-year-together with my boyfriend. He is a wonderful guy and he makes me very happy.
3. I received my ‘P’ with 65 credits (you need to get at least 60 credits and all the mandatory subjects) According to Wikipedia:
”Propedeuse is a propaedeutic diploma issued after the first year of studies, often referred to as "P" When in use at an educational institution, the propaedeutic diploma is a mandatory diploma which a student acquires by successfully completing all subjects (60 credits) and study requirements of the first year.”
I’m still in love with my study. It’s all I ever wanted and I’m really in my place.
4. I did a lot of fun stuff! I went to two attraction park, I had a paintball match, I went to Beatstad (music festival), I went three weeks to France (vacation) where I canoed 8 km (4.5 hours in the burning sun, I loved it!) but most of all, I’ve been around my friends and loved ones.
5. I read some incredible books! I read a total of 118 books, so I completed my Goodreads challenge (I was aiming for 100)

Favorites this year:

-Jodi Lynn Anderson - Tiger Lily.
-Sarah J. Maas - Throne of glass.
-Julie Kagawa - The immortal rules.
-A.C Gaughen - Scarlet.
-Marissa Meyer - Cinder.
-Veronica Roth - Divergent.
-Emma Cornwall - Incarnation.

And:

DNF. 
-Karen Ann Hopkins: Temptation.
-Hannah Moskowitz: Teeth.
-Heather Anastasiu: Glitch.

6. Besides reading, I also love to watch movies and series I've watched a total of 128. My goal is 150 in 2013.
In short, 2012 was an amazing year! I hope that 2013 will continue this way.

Here is a short recap of things you can expect:
-My Christmas haul (I haven’t received everything yet, it’s going to be epic!)
-A review about The forgotten queen from D.L Bogdan.
-My blogoversary!
-The start of my new reading challenges; *click here* So, I hope a lot of reviews!

On to another wonderful year of blogging, reading and having fun! Happy New Year!
Pooh
author image

Mel@thedailyprophecy

Mel is a microbiology technician who is obsessed with Disney, fairytale retellings and fantasy. If she's not reading or blogging, she's either busy with gaming, hanging out with family or watching a TV show. She loves summer and bright nail polish. One of her dreams is to travel the world. She has found her Prince Charming and they are together for 7+ years.

22 comments:

  1. Cinder made it to my faves and I wasn't a fan of Glitch either. Congrats on your 4 year anniversary! :)

    Happy New Year, Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Immortal Rules and can't wait for the next one.
    Happy reading,
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see the epic Christmas book haul!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your anniversary and your P!! And you read soooo many books haha! Happy new year, Mel, I hope you have a great one! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very pleased with the amount of books I've read this year! :D I haven't read as many books as this in years!

      Delete
  5. OHMYGOSH, IT'S THE LAST DAY OF 2012!! We've survived it together, haha! ^_^ I'm so sorry for being late on all these comments and I wish I was able to read your posts on time; senior year's killer and I'm still waiting for an answer from my much-loved first choice school >_< Happy anniversary to you and Jasper!!!! I'm so happy for you, Mel! <3 and oh, how I loved Scarlet -reminiscent tears- and congrats on your 65 credits, that's amazing Mel!!! So happy that 2012 has had happy memories for you, and I hope 2013 will hold joyful moments for you as well! ^o^ Have an absolutely fantastic, joyous, romantic, lucky, and prosperous New Year, Mel!! <3 ~ Vivian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhhh, Viv, you are so sweet! You don't have to apologize! I know that you are very busy with school and that's important. I hope that you will get an anwser soon. I'm having my fingers crossed for you! :D

      I hope that you have great memories to your 2012 Viv! And on to another wonderful, awesome year with your loved ones! And me :p haha.

      Delete
  6. Happy new year Mel!! I'm so glad 2012 was such a great year for you and I hope 2013 is even more epic! :D Yay on finishing all your challenges! I admit I didn't .. I'm always so bad at them :D This year I waaaay overreached on my goodreads reading goal and made it nowhere near close.. so this year I plan to make it a little more realistic for me. :D I still need to read Cinder and Divergent - those are on my MUST READ list for 2013~!!

    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, well, reading challenges are all about the fun, aren't they? :D I don't mind if I don't complete them, it's just great to see how far I can get. I hope you can achieve your GR goal this year and you really should read Cinder and Divergent!

      Delete
  7. Happy New Year, Mel! Good to hear 2012 was a great year for you! Let's hope 2013 is even better for us all . . . I'm sure it will considering how many awesome books are coming out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year Mel!! wow you did a LOT of things in 2012!! I really want to go to France!! and it was amazing meeting you as well *hugs* Im glad you had a wonderful year with your boyfriend, family, and loved ones!!
    - Farah @ MajiBookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to stay busy, haha :p I've been so many time in France now, it's a pretty country. I'm happy that I've met you too :D

      Delete
  9. Happy New Year!
    I see you had an amazing one, just like I did. Let's hope 2013 will be even more amazing. :)

    Congratulations on you P! :)
    What do you study? It's great that you love your program, I am loving mine each year less. I am giving up on the whole thing. I'm 6 months away from graduation and that's the only thing driving me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure how you call my study over there, but if I translate it exactly to English it's: Biology and medical laboratory research :) I've always wanted to do something like this and it definitely lives up to my expectations :D It's a lot of biology and I'm good at it. We are in our second period of this year and I have things like immunology (my favorite subject), pathology and signal transduction between cells. It's so interesting and I have a lot of practice on our lab rooms.

      I'm sorry to hear that you don't like your program :( But do you still like the prospect of your job or are you thinking about doing something else?

      Delete
    2. That's very interesting, I wish I were good in subject like biology and physics, very good future for people that study those.
      I study politics and defense (army stuff and all that). It was pretty cool in year one, but 5 years later I am so tired of it. Politics disgust me. I just wanna do something with books and animals. Weird combo. :)
      I do like what I study, but not the way we do it... I wish I could do it in a foreign country. I hope I get an intelligence job, CIA and what not ^^ :D

      Delete
  10. It sounds like 2012 was an awesome year for you :) I always love visiting your blog! Tiger Lily and Throne of Glass also both sound really good and I want to read both of them this year. I hope you have another great year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy new year :D Great post sweetie. <3 Sigh. Divergent and Scarlet was so so so good. <3 :) Hope 2013 will be amazing for you :D
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on all your accomplishments!! I'm jealous of paintballing and your France trip!! Oh and Happy Anniversary to you and your boo :)

    Happy New Year!!! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible. Remember to return to see my reply! :)

Copyright © 2012 The Daily Prophecy
Template and Design by Hopeless Romantics
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0