Saturday, November 24, 2012 12:34

Fairytale News 4. Books-to-movies, part two.

Fairytale News2
This is a 'new' feature I came up with. I will be talking about everything that has to do with reading. From pretty new covers to discussions about books. I will post them randomly.

Today I want to feature two animation movies based on The wizard of Oz from L. Frank Baum. I like the musical/fantasy movie from 1939, but I’m a huge fan of animation movies, so this is great. Clicking on the titles will bring you to the website or youtube (where you can see the fantastic trailers!)

Dorothy of Oz.  
There are good voice actors, you can see the cast on IMDb.

Back in Kansas, Dorothy Gale decides to return to Oz in order to help her friends.

Summoned by Glinda, Dorothy and Toto return to the land of Oz. Joined by her old friends the Scarecrow, the Tin Woodman and the Lion, Dorothy sets out on a perilous journey to stop the Jester from using the power of the Wicked Witch of the West's wand to turn the people of Oz into puppets.

OZ, the great and powerful.
Also, I like the cast! Mila Kunis has a great voice. IMdB.


The movie is made by Disney and that says enough for me. I love all their work. The poster is gorgeous!
How the Wizard arrived in Oz and became the ruler. A prequel to The Wonderful Wizard of Oz.
When small-time magician Oscar Diggs pulls one flimflam too many, he is hurled into the fantastical Land of Oz, where he must somehow transform himself into the great and powerful Wizard - and just maybe into a better man as well.
So, what do you think of them? Are you as excited as I am?
Mel1

13 comments:

  1. I'm so excited about OZ, the great and powerful. Love Mila Kunis! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the old movie, but I'm also a big fan of animated movies so I'm really excited for these! :) Especially the Disney one! Didn't know about that one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited about the OZ! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh I remember when I was younger I was OBSESSED with Wizard of Oz I read it soooo many times for some reason! But it was so fantastic that I'll definitely have to see what these are all about :) I'm not the biggest fan of animated stuff but I loved the book and the original movie so we'll see how it goes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so interesting to see a resurgence of Oz films. I hadn't heard about this animated one but I love the Broadway ladies in the cast (Lea Michele, Megan Hilty, and Bernadette Peters!) I will definitely be keeping my eyes on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm such a HUGE Wizard of Oz fan! I can't wait to see Oz! Love this feature ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Disney too! I am a little nervous about Oz, just because I love the 1939 Wizard of Oz. But, I love the musical Wicked, too, so I could end up loving Oz.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm excited for the second Oz movie - the visuals look great! And this is actually the first I'm hearing of that first Oz movie, but it also sounds good. I like the original movie, too, but I am even more in love with the Broadway musical, Wicked!! It's seriously amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohh, thank you for sharing :D I am super excited for Oz. It seems so amazing :D Can't wait to watch it. <3
    Thank you for commenting on my mailbox. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't get over how fantastic Oz, The great and Powerful looks! I'm definitely going to keep an eye out and watch it when it comes out over here! I haven't heard of the first one, though... many adaptations of The Wizard of Oz at the moment! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't wait until Oz comes out! I want to see how their re-make will come along. Hope it's good!
    ------
    Giselle @ Book Nerd Canada

    ReplyDelete
  12. The poster of OZ, the Great and Powerful is just....wow.
    I'm so going to watch both of these movies. :) Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible. Remember to return to see my reply! :)

Copyright © 2012 The Daily Prophecy
Template and Design by Hopeless Romantics
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0