Sunday, November 04, 2012 12:21

Fairytale News 1. Beastly movie review.



This is a 'new' feature I came up with. I will be talking about everything that has to do with reading. From pretty new covers to discussions about books. I will post them randomly.

A while ago I finally decided to watch the movie Beastly. After reading the book, written by Alex Flinn, (you can find my review here) I wanted to see how it looks on the screen.
I am a beast.
A beast. Not quite wolf or bear, gorilla or dog but a horrible new creature who walks upright--a creature with fangs and claws and hair springing from every pore. I am a monster. You think I'm talking fairy tales? No way. The place is New York City. The time is now. It's no deformity, no disease. And I'll stay this way forever--ruined--unless I can break the spell.


Yes, the spell, the one the witch in my English class cast on me. Why did she turn me into a beast who hides by day and prowls by night? I'll tell you. I'll tell you how I used to be Kyle Kingsbury, the guy you wished you were, with money, perfect looks, and the perfect life. And then, I'll tell you how I became perfectly.. beastly.

I hated it! I didn't even watch the complete movie and I couldn't force myself to do it. First of all, I'm not a fan of Alex who plays Kyle, but I could overlook that if they made him a beast. I don't get it? What's up with the strange marks in his face? This isn't a beast.

Second, Mary Kate as Kendra? Really? That is the complete opposite of how I imagined Kendra. While I loved Kendra in the book, she annoyed me in the movie and that sucks. The only one I could like was Will (awesome actor), but I didn't get that far.

I'm so glad that I read the book first, otherwise I wouldn't have picked it up after seeing this. Have you watched the movie? What did you think?



@thedailyprophecy

12 comments:

  1. Oh, noes, it's too bad that you didn't enjoy it, but I find that's often the case when the books I loved get turned into movies. I've stopped watching them altogether. And unfortunately, I'm not an Alex fan either. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy the movie. I haven't seen this movie, because I don't really like the actors and I haven't read the book.
    I don't even know why I always get excited when a book I read is being made into a movie, because it almost always disappoint.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always reluctant to watch movie adaptations of books I enjoyed as they are rarely as good. I'm sorry this one disappointed! Alex isn't an actor I'm overly fond of either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't like either... the movie because of Hudgens and the book was too juvenile for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read this back in middle school when I was just starting out to like reading books outside of school so I remember liking this one, but if I read it now 7 something years later I would probably dislike it a great deal because of the writing style and the cliches.

    Lol, I thought the same thing! The markings don't make him look like a beast at all. I found that so strange. I think my favorite part of the movie was the blind guy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was able to watch the whole thing, but agree it definitely wasn't as good as the book. I don't mind Alex (although I don't think they made him beastly enough), but I can't stand Vanessa Hudgens. Ugh. Ironically, I think my favorite part of the movie was Kendra. Lol. I LOVED Mary-Kate as her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry you didn't like the movie :( I wasn't a huge fan either!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't say that I hated the movie Beastly, but I was definitely disappointed. Particularly with the ending (which I guess you didn't get too). I liked the book a lot more.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeeahh, I never actually saw the movie, but I was disappointed when I saw the trailer that he wasn't actually turned into a beast like in the book. So I think I'll skip this one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great meme! I wasn't blown away with the movie either, but I had never read the book. I didn't think Alex Pettyfer did a great acting job. However, it did make me want to read the book just to see if it was better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't read Beastly yet, but I've actually watched the movie! And I'm definitely not a fan :DD And I didn't get the marks either, and Mary Kate was.. something completely different :D

    Thanks for stopping by! :)

    Monaliz @ Mind Reading?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahh. Great post. <3 I own the book and the movie. But now when you say it, I probably won't watch the movie. But yeah, I do agree with you; the marks are not beastly at all. Also.. I do not like Vanessa :p lol ;p Thank you for sharing your thoughts. <3
    Thank you for commenting on my mailbox. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible. Remember to return to see my reply! :)

Copyright © 2012 The Daily Prophecy
Template and Design by Hopeless Romantics
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0