Tuesday, October 09, 2012 12:41

Top 10 Tuesday (18). Dying to read.




Top Ten Tuesday REWIND.
 I'm going to pick:

Top Ten Books I'm Dying to Read.

I'm trying to feature books I haven't featured in WoW yet.

I don't have to think hard about my first book. I. Need. This. One.

Just look at it? The cover is definitely one of my favorite covers out there. I'm in love with it. And have you read the blurb already? Part of it that really fascinates me:

Here, Alyssa must pass a series of tests, including draining an ocean of Alice’s tears, waking the slumbering tea party, and subduing a vicious bandersnatch, to fix Alice’s mistakes and save her family. She must also decide whom to trust: Jeb, her gorgeous best friend and secret crush, or the sexy but suspicious Morpheus, her guide through Wonderland, who may have dark motives of his own.

Flame of Sevenwaters (Sevenwaters, #6)2. Juliet Marillier - Flame of Sevenwaters
This is part six of Seven Waters. This story will be about Maeve, the girl who was badly burned during book three. Some of my favorite characters will return.

Sevenwaters is in turmoil. The fey prince Mac Dara has become desperate to see his only son, who is married to Maeve’s sister, return to the Otherworld. To force Lord Sean’s hand, Mac Dara has caused a party of innocent travelers on the Sevenwaters border to vanish.

3. Stefan Bachmann - The peculiar 2. Not title yet.
I liked the first book: The peculiar. I can't wait to see how this is going to continue.

The Fairest Beauty4. Melanie Dickerson - The fairest beauty.
Snow white retelling? Count me in.

A daring rescue. A difficult choice. Sophie desperately wants to get away from her stepmother's jealousy, and believes escape is her only chance to be happy. Then a young man named Gabe arrives from Hagenheim Castle, claiming she is betrothed to his older brother, and everything twists upside down. This could be Sophie's one chance at freedom---but can she trust another person to keep her safe?
The Farm5. Emily McKay - The farm.
One of the main characters is called 'Mel' so that's great!

Life was different in the Before: before vampires began devouring humans in a swarm across America; before the surviving young people were rounded up and quarantined. These days, we know what those quarantines are—holding pens where human blood is turned into more food for the undead monsters, known as Ticks. Surrounded by electrical fences, most kids try to survive the Farms by turning on each other…

Break My Heart 1,000 Times6. Daniel Waters - Break my heart a 1,000 times.
This concept is scary and fascinating. I can't wait to see how this will work out.

One of Veronica's high school teachers is crippled by the fact that his dead daughter has never returned as a ghost, and he's haunted by the possibility that she's waiting to reappear within a fresh body. Veronica seems like the perfect host. And even if he's wrong, what's the harm in creating one more ghost?

City of a Thousand Dolls7. Miriam Forster - City of a thousand dolls
 Look at the cover? Isn't it gorgeous. I love books about assassins.
The girl with no past, and no future, may be the only one who can save their lives.

Nisha was abandoned at the gates of the City of a Thousand Dolls when she was just a child. Now sixteen, she lives on the grounds of the isolated estate, where orphan girls apprentice as musicians, healers, courtesans, and, if the rumors are true, assassins.
Scarlet (Lunar Chronicles, #2)

8. Marissa Meyer - Scarlet.
After the magnificent Cinder I have to find out how this story is going to unravel.

As Scarlet and Wolf work to unravel one mystery, they find another when they cross paths with Cinder. Together, they must stay one step ahead of the vicious Lunar Queen who will do anything to make Prince Kai her husband, her king, her prisoner.

9. Veronica Roth - Untitled Divergent 3.
After the amazing Divergent and the slight disappointing Insurgent, I'm looking forward to see how this story is going to end. I hope it's just as good as Divergent.

Unremembered (Unremembered, #1)10. Jessica Brody - Unremembered.
Exciting! I like books about losing your memory.

When Freedom Airlines flight 121 went down over the Pacific Ocean, no one ever expected to find survivors. Which is why the sixteen-year-old girl discovered floating among the wreckage—alive—is making headlines across the globe.



This list was actually harder than expected. When you have a huge list that's never-ending, it's almost impossible to pick out the ones you are dying for. Number 1, 2, 3, 8 and 9 are definitely books I would like to have right now. The others sound fantastic, but there were so many of them, I just picked them out from the 'can't-wait' Goodreads shelve.

Link me up with your reward list!

author image

Mel@thedailyprophecy

Mel is a microbiology technician who is obsessed with Disney, fairytale retellings and fantasy. If she's not reading or blogging, she's either busy with gaming, hanging out with family or watching a TV show. She loves summer and bright nail polish. One of her dreams is to travel the world. She has found her Prince Charming and they are together for 7+ years.

34 comments:

  1. Great list - I love the covers for Splintered and Unremembered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not heard of Splintered but I totally want to read it now!

    I'm so excited about Divergent #3, Scarlet and Clockwork Princess! Beginning of next yr looks good for me! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm right there with you for Splintered and City of a Thousand Dolls - those look great. I have yet to read Cinder and I'm kind of pushing it back further because I know just how much everyone's looking forward to Scarlet, and I can't handle a long wait for ANOTHER book. I'm too impatient. haha

    Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just read the first two Sevenwaters books and I LOVED them. I'm pacing myself on the rest. But I'm hoping that they just keep getting better. I love fairytale retellings and can't wait for Scarlet. I hadn't heard of The Fairest Beauty but I will be adding that to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm dying to read The Fairest Beauty too! I have loved Melanie Dickerson's two previous books and can't wait for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list! I can't wait to read Cinder and then Scarlet!
    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait for so many of these either! Break My Heart 1,000 Times is one I really can't wait for, neither is The Farm! And I know there's not many people who aren't excited for Divergent #3!

    Thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list! There are a few on here I hadn't heard of that I'll have to check out. Love the cover on Splintered. Didn't realize Sevenwaters is more than a trilogy. Haven't read them but my husband has. Will have to pass that on to him.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm dying to read City of a Thousand Dolls and Scarlet as well.

    Sangita @ Whisper of Reads.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice list! The cover of Splintered looks AMAZING!! Unremembered and Break My Heart both sound good too... this is the first time I've seen them, but now I'm TBRing them :)

    Thanks for stopping by My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Unremembered looks so good, I love the cover and I can't wait to read it either, great picks!

    Kristin @ Young Adult Book Haven

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great picks! A lot of these are on my TBR list too--especially Splintered and Scarlet! The Fairest Beauty is new to me, but I love a good fairy tale retelling. Thanks for sharing! :)
    Here’s my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Unremembered looks SO good! I definitely have to read Cinder... I've only been meaning to since January! haha

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG! you have read The Seven Waters? I've been dying to read those books but Im always too busy with books for review to have the time to pick it up lol
    OMG! Great list my dear :) THey all sounds fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for this list because there are a few books on it that I hadn't heard about and now I'm very interested in them! I read Scarlet a few months ago and you will absolutely love it -- it's even better than Cinder! :)

    Thanks for stopping by, I will have to read Tiger Lily soon! :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Break My Heart 1000 Times caught my attention- it does sound like a scary one! And YES to Scarlet and Divergent too :)
    These all sound very cool and I hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can't wait to read Scarlet either.

    Unremembered looks interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Splintered looks really interesting! Scarlet was also another one of my 2013 most anticipated.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Splintered!! Yes!!! The cover alone has me mesmerized.. I can't wait to read it! :)

    Thanks for stopping by my TTT!

    Michele | Top 10

    ReplyDelete
  20. Really? You thought Insurgent was disappointing? Wow, I loved it so much more than Divergent. But at least we can both agree that we're really looking forward to #3 (which I know is not actually titled Detergent, but that's what it is in my brain).

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm not familiar with any of these, but they sound pretty interesting. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I recently started following yours & I'm so glad I've found it :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh! So many awesome books I so wanted to read too. I saw Splintered in Netgalley but didn't request it since my pile is really huge. But it does sounds really good. And The Fairest Beauty! This is the first time I've heard of it and I really like the sound of it! Thanks for sharing all these books. Gotta check out some of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Eeep, so excited for Scarlet! LOVED Cinder. <3

    ReplyDelete
  24. Aww, Mel, I have so many books in my can't-wait list so I don't think that I can make it into top ten LOL! x) I really like that what you pick most here are not sequels, since I usually am not familiar with the first book LOL! I agree, Splintered has the coolest cover ever! And the untitled Divergent 3? CAN'T WAIT CAN'T WAIT CAN'T WAIT. Wait, can we just call it Detergent for now? :P

    I'm in love with Sevenwaters! Love that you include it in your list. <3 Break my heart 1000 times sounds very intriguing too. Fabulous list, Mel! <3

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great picks! I NEED Splintered too, lol! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I can't wait for Splintered!!! City of a Thousand Dolls is also on my TBR :) I haven't heard of most of the others but The Farm sounds awesome! Great list ^^
    Thanks for stopping by my post :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Melanie Dickerson... Oh! Now I know where I know the name. I read her Beauty & the Beat retelling. T'weren't bad.

    My TTT: http://shelversanon.blogspot.com/2012/10/top-10-tuesday-rewind-top-ten-bookish.html

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ohmygosh, ohmygosh, ohmygosh, SPINTERED! I want to read it SO bad! Sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Ahem... I was so excited I typoed. I meant SPLINTERED of course. *face palm*

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oooh, I've had to add a few of these to my groaning wishlist! The Farm sounds very intriguing, and Unremembered too. And The Fairest Beauty has one of the most beautiful covers I've ever seen! I'll have to keep an eye out for that one...
    Great choices - and thanks for dropping by to see mine! :)

    Ellie @ Musings of a Bookshop Girl

    ReplyDelete
  31. For me, i really can't WAIT to read Unremembered!! and also Scarlet!! Great picks!
    - Farah @ MajiBookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great list! Can't wait for Splintered! It sounds so good & I love the cover. I'm still trying to figure out how I hadn't heard of The Fairest Beauty... Thanks so much for having that one on here because now I need to read that book! haha

    ReplyDelete
  33. I'm waiting for all of these too! Especially Scarlet and Splintered :D

    ReplyDelete
  34. Divergent 3! Yes, yes! Can't wait to read that book.
    Oh, I still have get to Cinder. But I'll. Soon :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible. Remember to return to see my reply! :)

Copyright © 2012 The Daily Prophecy
Template and Design by Hopeless Romantics
Toptal (Topal) / CC BY-SA 3.0