Tuesday, October 30, 2012 11:00

Top 10 Tuesday (20). Kick-ass heroines.



Top Ten Favorite Kick-Ass Heroines this year.

1. Cinder (Marissa Meyer - Luna Chronicles). She is a strong, smart and loving cyborg.
2. Hermione Granger (J.K Rowling - Harry Potter). Do I need to explain?
3. Celaena (Sarah J. Maas - Throne of Glass). She is the only one who survived that long in the mines. She is a deadly assassin and she is good with words.
4. Gretchen (Jackson Pearce - Sweetly). She makes intelligent choices and she doesn't let her fear win.
5. Scarlet (A.C Gaughen - Scarlet). This girl has spunk. She hides as a boy from her past, but when it comes to get her, she looks her fears in the eyes.
6. Sophie Mercer (Stephanie Hawkins - Hex Hall). She has a great sense of humor, she is sarcastic and she makes clever decisions.
7. Tris (Veronica Roth - Divergent). I loved Tris in Divergent. She fights back and she choose one of the dangerous factions. Credits for that.
8. Scarlet & Rosie (Jackson Pearce - Sisters red). After losing their grandmother to a werewolf, they are hunting them down.
9. Tess (Janet Lee Carey - Dragonswood). Loyal to her friends and intelligent. Even with an abusive father, Tess stays strong.
10. Allie (Julie Kagawa - The immortal rules). Becoming the thing you hate the most and accepting it, is a great thing.

Also credits to: Mary & Annah from Carrie Ryan's Forest of hands and teeth books. Alexandra from Zoë Marriott's Swan Kingdom. Lina from Ruta Sepetys Between shades of gray. Evie from Kiersten White's Paranormalcy books.

Link me up with your kick ass heroins!
author image

Mel@thedailyprophecy

Mel is a microbiology technician who is obsessed with Disney, fairytale retellings and fantasy. If she's not reading or blogging, she's either busy with gaming, hanging out with family or watching a TV show. She loves summer and bright nail polish. One of her dreams is to travel the world. She has found her Prince Charming and they are together for 7+ years.

37 comments:

  1. Celaena and Allie are definitely among my favorites! Great list, Mel! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Tris and Hermione! I have most of the books you've listed sitting unread on my bookshelf and there's a couple that I'll have to check out. Great list!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! Hermoine is definitely kick-ass from the HP series =)

    Here's my TTT for this week =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So (besides Harry Potter!) I haven't actually read any of these D: But now that I know that they have kick-butt heroine, I guess I'm going to have to :D great list!!

    Here's mine: TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also have Hermione and Tris on my list. Those other names make me want to read the books so badly!
    Great list! =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know a few but I have yet to read these books. :) Cannot wait!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great list, Mel. I also put Hermione on mine. You have a lot of books listed here that I have not read yet but are totally on my tbr soon list. Thanks for visiting my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a shame, I don't know anybody in this list except for Hermione! But I'm looking forward to reading the other books/series, especially Throne of Glass.
    Thanks for commenting at my blog earlier!
    Katie @ Fiction Predictions

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pearce's heroines are definitely kick ass!

    I've not read Dragonswood yet, but I'm so curious.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need to read Scarlet at some point. She sounds like a great FMC! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad you put Scarlett and Rosie on your list, I almost put them on mine! Glad to see Gretchen, too. I haven't read Sweetly yet, but it's on my short list.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your list! Hermione is the best! :) I read Cinder last week, but forgot to include her in my list (I made it before), but she's kick-ass!

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  14. yay sophie!! :]
    I need to read some of these books pronto!
    great list!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome picks! Lots of those are on my TBR list! :D My TTTs are at Musings on Fantasia and LKHill. Happy Tuesday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hermione Granger is awesome! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You never need to explain a love for Hermione. And how did I forget Scarlet and Rosie in Sisters Red? Yet another example of lots of badass women in one place.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Many books I've heard of but not read! I forgot all about Sophie but she's definitely super-powerful! And I would have put Caleana on the list if I'd read Throne of Glass already...
    And Hermione is of course not to be forgotten about :)
    Great list! Thanks for stopping by my post.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great picks! The sisters from Sisters Red were ones that I completely forgot about, so I'm glad you added them!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great list! Cinder and Hermione made it onto my list, also. Here is my TTT!

    Vyki @ On The Shelf
    Check out my new meme Cover Crush!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hermione FTW!! I'm reading Cinder soon--I just got it a few weeks ago and I'm excited to get in this loop you're all in without me >.<

    ReplyDelete
  22. sweet list. we shared a couple of the same BA ladies! and i love how you too put extra ladies at the end ! thanks for stopping by !

    Katie @ Inkk

    ReplyDelete
  23. Amazing list! :) Some of the picks are on my list as well others are on my to-read list! :) I have no doubts I'll like them :)
    Thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Dagnabbit, Tris, of course! Love your list, so many new series to check out :) Thanks for popping over!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi!
    I totally forgot about Sophie! Thanks for stopping by my TTT.
    Oh! and new follower now via GFC :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great list of powerful heroines! I especially like seeing Scarlet & Rosie and Sophie on there. Looking forward to reading The Immortal Rules.

    ReplyDelete
  27. You're the second person to include Allie, and I totally agree! I can't believe I forgot about her, because I really enjoyed reading about her. Scarlet annoyed me SO MUCH, but I do have to agree that she definitely knew how to kick some butt.

    Thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I agree that both Allie and Sophie are really Wesome characters :) Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I didn't have any of these heroines on my list. But I love how you described them.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier, returning some of the love <3.

    Old Follower

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh my gosh! We really do have a lot of heroines listed in common! That's so awesome! Hooray for Cinder... and Celaena... and Allie... and Scarlet... and I could go on and on! :p

    Awesome list!

    Janus @ The Blair Book Project

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love your list, especially for your inclusion of Scarlet and Celaena.

    My TTT: http://shelversanon.blogspot.com/2012/10/top-10-tuesday-i-am-no-man.html

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great picks! I can't believe I forgot about Gretchen and especially Allie! They are definitely badasses.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Alice! yes! I couldnt agree more with you here. and some of those heroine, i havent met yet but im looking forward to. Great post Mel x

    ReplyDelete
  34. Lots to love on this list. Scarlet and Cinder have been in my TBR list for a while...I just need to read/review faster!!! Props for Sophie, Hermione & Evie!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hermione really is a perfect choice for this list. She smart, brave, loyal - what more could you ask for!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible. Remember to return to see my reply! :)

Copyright © 2012 The Daily Prophecy
Template and Design by Hopeless Romantics
Toptal (Topal) / CC BY-SA 3.0