Tuesday, September 25, 2012 14:21

Top 10 Tuesday (16) Series to finish.


Top 10 series I still have to finish. With 2 books I'm waiting for; not published yet.

1. Lauren Oliver - Pandemonium. I quite liked Delirium, but I still haven't started this one. I'm not sure why, because Delirium had a killer ending.
Fever (The Chemical Garden, #2)2. Lauren DeStefano - Fever. Wither was great, but I haven't got the time to start Fever yet. Such a shame and I will make some time for it soon.
3. Anna Carey - Once. Eve was pretty good; I actually forgot about this series. I hate it when there is so much time between the first and second book, so I might need to refresh my memory a bit.
4. Carrie Jones - Captive. Need wasn't such a good book, but I still want to give it a shot. I just don't feel like reading it now.
5. Lauren Kate - Passion. I'm not a fan of this series. The characters annoy me and the story isn't great; I just don't like to stop halfway.
6. Stephanie Meyer - Eclipse. *Sight* I'm stuck in this book for at least a year now. I. won't. give. up. I hate them, but I want to read them so I know what everybody is talking about.
7. Jackson Pearce - Fathomless. Can't wait! I loved the other two books, so give me a copy :D Sisters red and Sweetly.
Princess of the Silver Woods (Princess, #3)8. Diana Gabaldon - Outlander series. I'm not sure where (and why) I stopped. I believe it was around the third book, but I really liked them! So I definitely need to pick it up again.
9. Jessica Day George - Princess of the silver woods. December! I want it now. I really like her books. Princess of the silver Midnight ball and Princess of Glass.
10. Juliet Marillier - Flame of seven waters. I think you all know that I adore her work. This is part 6 in The seven waters and it will be published in November. Oh, I'm looking forward to it so much.
11. Kiersten White - Endlessly. I haven't got the time to read it yet, but I liked Paranormalcy and and Supernaturally.
12. Julie Kagawa - Iron's prophecy. I have read all the other novella's and they were great. Summer's crossing was my favorite!

Link me up with your unfinished series!
author image

Mel@thedailyprophecy

Mel is a microbiology technician who is obsessed with Disney, fairytale retellings and fantasy. If she's not reading or blogging, she's either busy with gaming, hanging out with family or watching a TV show. She loves summer and bright nail polish. One of her dreams is to travel the world. She has found her Prince Charming and they are together for 7+ years.

21 comments:

  1. I gave up on Twilight after 'New Moon'. I found that book hard to finish, and it killed any interest I had in the series. I keep feeling like I *should* finish out the series, but I just can't. Glad to know I'm not the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I even bought Once on release day, and somehow haven't bothered to pick it up yet...

    Come see my Top Ten / Teaser Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for many fine book tip. I have also left to finish reading Captive. But I really like the series:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the Delirium series! Pandemonium has a HUGE cliffhanger too so it might even be worth it to save until you can read the last book right after. I also love The Chemical Garden series and look forward to Sever's release in a few months. I am really excited to read Fathomless! I haven't read the other books, nor any other mermaid novel before, but I am a sucker for The Little Mermaid so I definitely will be checking that one out. :)

    Thanks for stopping by my TTT!

    ~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to put some support behind Eclipse. It was my favorite of the series and honestly I should have stopped there because Breaking Dawn drove me nuts. I read it but don't think I'm any better for it. I also read Eclipse before any of the movies came out and read Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse in sequence and before blogging or reading blogs, so I didn't have other people's ideas of how much they loved or hated it to contend with.

    I can't say anything about the other series because I haven't read any of them. And I will read more Harry Potter, I haven't given up on them! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list. I haven't read many of your series but I did enjoy Wither, just haven't gotten around to Fever yet. I just flat out gave up on Eclipse. Life's too short :) My Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. It took me forever to finish The Twilight Saga. I stopped halfway through Eclipse, because I simply couldn't do it. But I finally did and I think it was probably a total waste of time. But that's just me.

    Thanks for stopping by my Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list, Mel! I feel the same way about the Lauren Kate books. I've read all but the last one, but haven't been overly impressed with any of them. I might finish it off one day... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I forgot about the Fallen series. Yeah, I read the first one and just couldn't go farther. I just finished Son of the Shadows, so I have a loonngg way to go to finish that series. I'll probably just do the first three because they go together and wait to get into the second series. I need to read Iron Prophecy as well! Thx for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't finished up the Paranormalcy series, either... and I'm not sure I'll ever get to it. I do love standalone books! I plan to check out White's newer offerings, though.

    Great list - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to read so many off your list too! You have a new follower! Stop by my blog and follow if you would like! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everyone is always talking about the Outlander series... I need to read those.. like pronto!

    Here is my list:

    Angela's Anxious Life


    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Twilight made my list as well. I read the first one so that I could be in the know, but I couldn't do it after that... Bella is too annoying! Whither is on my list also.

    PS- I love your polka dots :)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lol Fallen is on everyone's list this week! X)
    YOu should definitely pick up Fever soon because it's really good!

    Thanks for stopping by my TTT :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You should just wait for Requiem at this point! The wait is already killer!

    ReplyDelete
  16. good lord I hate Lauren Kate's Passion series. Read the first two, and won't read the rest. Ew.

    ReplyDelete
  17. If you do decide to stop reading the Twilight series, no one will judge you. If you have seen the movies, you pretty much know. The books are just as bad.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yay for Sevenwaters! It's a beautiful epic fantasy. :)

    I loved Lauren Oliver's Before I Fall but still I am wary of getting Delirium because I have not been having much success with dystopian YAs lately.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think we might have a little bit of different tastes in YA books.... lol...

    Like I didn't like Delirium or Wither, that's why I haven't gotten any farther in either of those series...

    But I am all caught up on (except for the last books) Carrie Jones and Lauren Kate's series....

    And I have finished (and re-read close to five times for each book) the Twilight Series. This series was the first real book series that I read in the YA genre and it's what got me back into reading. So it holds a special place in my heart.

    I want to read Once but I haven't been able to get my hands on it yet.

    I have read Paranormalcy but and I recently got Supernaturally, but haven't been able to read it yet...

    Thank you for stopping by my blog earlier, returning some of the love. =D

    ReplyDelete
  20. You have so many series on here that I have been meaning to start. I like that you weren't all negative about the books! I can't wait to start some of these.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Princess of the Silver Woods! YES! I love her other two books in the series (although I have a couple wee little issues with them, but still really enjoyed reading them). Can't wait for this one! Red Riding Hood ftw!

    Also, the Need series. Ahem. I have read the whole thing now (thank. god. it's. over.). The first one was my least favorite, so you might want to keep reading. Her writing got a little better as the books progressed, and a character that shows up in the second book becomes my favorite and basically saves the series. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible. Remember to return to see my reply! :)

Copyright © 2012 The Daily Prophecy
Template and Design by Hopeless Romantics
Toptal (Topal) / CC BY-SA 3.0