Sunday, September 16, 2012 13:21

Showcase Sunday 15. Dracula and The passage.


I stumbled upon a very good deal. Two books, one free. So I got these two pretties for only 8 euro! I got them in the Dutch edition.

First, the unthinkable: a security breach at a secret U.S. government facility unleashes the monstrous product of a chilling military experiment. Then, the unspeakable: a night of chaos and carnage gives way to sunrise on a nation, and ultimately a world, forever altered. All that remains for the stunned survivors is the long fight ahead and a future ruled by fear—of darkness, of death, of a fate far worse.

As civilization swiftly crumbles into a primal landscape of predators and prey, two people flee in search of sanctuary. FBI agent Brad Wolgast is a good man haunted by what he’s done in the line of duty. Six-year-old orphan Amy Harper Bellafonte is a refugee from the doomed scientific project that has triggered apocalypse. He is determined to protect her from the horror set loose by her captors. But for Amy, escaping the bloody fallout is only the beginning of a much longer odyssey—spanning miles and decades—towards the time and place where she must finish what should never have begun.
And (I'm going to use the Dutch cover I got, because it's much prettier!)

Based on Bram Stoker's own notes, this authorized sequel is written by a direct descendant of Stoker and a well-known Dracula historian. Fast-paced, full of suspense and rich with historical detail Dracula: The Un-Dead will captivate admirers of gothic literature.

Quincey Harker, son of Jonathan and Mina, having left his law studies for the stage, stumbles upon the troubled production of Dracula at the Lyceum, directed by Bram Stoker himself. The play plunges Quincey into the world of his parents' terrible secrets. Can it be that history is about to repeat itself?

For, twenty-five years since Van Helsing and his allies reduced Dracula to dust, evil stalks Europe once again. One by one the band of heroes is being hunted down. Has Dracula somehow survived to seek his revenge? Or is there another, more sinister force at work.
Link me up with your haul!
author image

Mel@thedailyprophecy

Mel is a microbiology technician who is obsessed with Disney, fairytale retellings and fantasy. If she's not reading or blogging, she's either busy with gaming, hanging out with family or watching a TV show. She loves summer and bright nail polish. One of her dreams is to travel the world. She has found her Prince Charming and they are together for 7+ years.

20 comments:

  1. OOoh yay! The CLASSIC! I read that so long ago. I do have a very pretty copy now from B&N that's hardcover and whatnot!

    Happy Reading!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dracula sequel sounds excellent!! My SS :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, these are both new to me! Thanks for sharing as they both sound awesome! I hope you enjoy them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my friends read the Dracula sequel and really enjoyed it. Hopefully you will as well!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard great things about The Passage and I even own a copy. Hopefully I'll get to it soon. I like this cover far more, it's so creepy.
    Happy reading, Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both those books look pretty good! I didn't really get anything this week but I still made one.

    Here's my Showcase Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, the Passage was too scary for me, but I hope you enjoy it. I'm such a chicken!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh I haven't heard of either of these ones but what a great deal and I love the covers! Hope you enjoy them both.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved loved loved The Passage - so much so that after reading the ebook I have just ordered myself a hardback to match my copy of The Twelve that comes out next month!

    And I just noticed that your birthday is the day before mine - how cool :-D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both books looks good but I am leaning more towards the Dracula sequel, didn't know this exist. Thanks for showing it to us.

    Have a great day!
    Our new books

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two very creepy looking covers this week! Both books sound great so I hope you enjoy them, Mel. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh The Passage sounds creepy GOOD. I can't believe I haven't read it yet. Very interested in reading your thoughts once you get around to it. AND!!! Can you believe I've never read Bram Stoker's Dracula? Or.. er... seen the movie? I know, I'm so behind!

    Fabulous, creeptastic haul this week! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I keep meaning to read The Passage but it's such a huge book I haven't got round to reading it yet! Hope you enjoy it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You know I have wanted to read Dracula for forever! I really need to get to that soon lol. Great book week =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooh Dacre Stroker looks soooo good! Nice haul Mel. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow, both of them look great! Stoker's own descendant writes a book. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oooh I didn't know Dracula had a sequel. Great haul and I hope you enjoy them both! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. The Passage looks intruiging! Nice small haul you got here. Even better one was a freebie :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooh wow these look creepy! I love a good old classic Dracula story

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, both creepy books! I love it! I got Dracula the Un-dead too, but for some reason I never got through. I just didn't seem to enjoy the way he changed the characters. I'm looking forward to see what you think

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible. Remember to return to see my reply! :)

Copyright © 2012 The Daily Prophecy
Template and Design by Hopeless Romantics
Toptal (Topal) / CC BY-SA 3.0