Saturday, September 01, 2012 14:44

Review 72. Rachel Hawkins – Spell bound.

If you haven’t read the other books, there are spoilers! Also in the blurb, so be aware.

Spell Bound (Hex Hall, #3)Title: Spell bound.
Author: Rachel Hawkins.
Pages: 336.
Published: March 13th 2012.
Publisher: Hyperion Book CH.
Sort: Part 3 of Hex Hall.
Review part 1: Hex Hall.
Review part 2: Demonglass.
Just as Sophie Mercer has come to accept her extraordinary magical powers as a demon, the Prodigium Council strips them away. Now Sophie is defenseless, alone, and at the mercy of her sworn enemies—the Brannicks, a family of warrior women who hunt down the Prodigium. Or at least that’s what Sophie thinks, until she makes a surprising discovery. The Brannicks know an epic war is coming, and they believe Sophie is the only one powerful enough to stop the world from ending. But without her magic, Sophie isn’t as confident. Sophie’s bound for one hell of a ride—can she get her powers back before it’s too late?
Rating:

This is already the last book of the Hex Hall series and I absolutely loved them. This one makes a perfect ending to Sophie’s story. I did find some exiting news on my favorite website, Goodreads. There is coming a Hex Hall Spin-off!

There is a huge lost in this book. This person was always a bit on the background, but still managed to capture a piece of my heart. It’s terrible that it happened, but it was for a good cause.

Friendship plays a big part in this story and I like that. You always need someone in a battle and Sophie is depending on the people around her. And those people are fantastic. Her best friend Jenna, who supported her from the beginning. I think that their friendship is one of the best I’ve read about so far. They have this special connection going on. Her new made friends at The Brannicks, one of the most unsuspected people and of course her mother. She is tough! You can see where Sophie got her awesomeness from.

Like I said before, this book is filled with action. Things are spinning out of control and their world is soon collapsing into darkness. The demons are loose and they form a big danger. There is this constant tension and you’re just waiting for the big moment. The plot went a bit too fast for my taste, but I was still satisfied with the ending.

author image

Mel@thedailyprophecy

Mel is a microbiology technician who is obsessed with Disney, fairytale retellings and fantasy. If she's not reading or blogging, she's either busy with gaming, hanging out with family or watching a TV show. She loves summer and bright nail polish. One of her dreams is to travel the world. She has found her Prince Charming and they are together for 7+ years.

8 comments:

  1. I am terribly guilty of owning this book ever since it was released, but not reading it just yet. Unfortunately, I stumbled upon a spoiler a while back so I know what happens, and I can't quite gather the courage to deal with it.
    Great review, Mel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear that. If there is one thing I hate, it's spoilers :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to read this series. I have the first book but it just sits on my shelf. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've still been hesitant to start this series because I'm unsure if it's really for me. Glad you enjoyed it though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I started reading the first of this series last year, but lost it when I was half way through and didn't get to finish it. ): But I love the sound of this series so much! It's a shame the plot was a bit too fast, but I'm glad you enjoyed it, overall.(:

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, now you make me really want to read the Hex Hall series! I don't know why but every time I saw it in the bookstore, I was never convinced to read it but after reading your review, I think I definitely need to give this book a go! Plus, I've also heard great things about Archer ;)

    Awesome review, Mel! ♥ So glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with the fastness of events. Still, it was epic in all its hilarious way =DDDDD
    Btw, Im SO glad you read the whole trilogy =9 totally a must ^__^
    great review Mel! <3333333

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Sophie too! This was a wonderful Middle Grade series, I hope Disney turns it into a series soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible. Remember to return to see my reply! :)

Copyright © 2012 The Daily Prophecy
Template and Design by Hopeless Romantics
Toptal (Topal) / CC BY-SA 3.0