Friday, September 21, 2012 13:14

Feature & Follow (13)


Hosted by: Alison can read.

Divergent (Divergent, #1)Q: What hyped up book was worth all of the fuss?

The first book I can think of: Divergent by Veronica Roth.

Beatrice, the decision is between staying with her family and being who she really is--she can't have both. So she makes a choice that surprises everyone, including herself.
During the highly competitive initiation that follows, Beatrice renames herself Tris and struggles to determine who her friends really are--and where, exactly, a romance with a sometimes fascinating, sometimes infuriating boy fits into the life she's chosen. But Tris also has a secret, one she's kept hidden from everyone because she's been warned it can mean death. And as she discovers a growing conflict that threatens to unravel her seemingly perfect society, she also learns that her secret might help her save those she loves... or it might destroy her.
From the characters to the world-building, it was fantastic to me. I loved the whole idea of a society based on certain values. Tris was flawed, but real and I liked the development of the story. There is a lot of action and there are many intense situations, but there is still some time for friendship and romance; no love-triangles or instant-love here.

Link me up with your hyped up book!

author image

Mel@thedailyprophecy

Mel is a microbiology technician who is obsessed with Disney, fairytale retellings and fantasy. If she's not reading or blogging, she's either busy with gaming, hanging out with family or watching a TV show. She loves summer and bright nail polish. One of her dreams is to travel the world. She has found her Prince Charming and they are together for 7+ years.

23 comments:

  1. Agreed, I really enjoyed it. There were a couple of niggles for me in the middle, but by the time I got to the end I was a happy reader :)
    Old follower
    Katja @ YA's the Word

    ReplyDelete
  2. 100% agree - Divergent is so worth all the hype.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still haven't read Divergent so it's good to hear it loved up to the hype for you!

    My follow friday! Please visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, they changed the cover of Divergent! This is much nicer.

    This is my third FF :-)

    Following you now!
    http://onlectus.blogspot.com/2012/09/feature-and-follow-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Agree so much. I loved divergent so much. It's now one of my favorite books.
    my f&f
    http://kimberlysnovelnotes.blogspot.com/
    Old Follower
    Happy reading

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haven't read this one yet, but it does sound great :)

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/09/follow-friday_21.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hopping through. I haven't read Divergent yet. I really need to. I do love that cover.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I think so too! Though to be quite honest, I wasn't aware of all the hype until AFTER I had read the book. ;) I'm really glad it impressed though. It's usually more likely for a book to not be able to meet expectations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Popular pick today among the many! I loved this one and I wasn't expecting too being a paranormal reader! Gotta read Insurgent still though!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. never read that book sound good new follower follower back at www.vampaandstuff.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have yet to read Divergent, I have wanted to just haven't gotten to it yet.

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  12. I own a copy but still haven't gotten around to reading it. Great cover!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved this! Yes, Yes, Yes! Great choice!
    Here's my FF's for this week Book Me! and
    Carmen Jenner Author
    Thanks for stopping by!
    Happy Friday!!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for stopping by. I'm a new follower and would love it if you followed back! Please. (:

    http://bookaholicness.com.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes this book was AMAZING!!!! great choice

    Thanks for stopping by my blog returning the comment love!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sooo very true. LOVED Divergent. Same with Insurgent.

    ReplyDelete
  17. YEAH!! This book rocked it!! And the sequel was good too but so different and moody! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  18. YES. JUST HELL YES. Divergent was so awesome, no? And completely deserved all the hype! I can't tell you how much I agree! I'm o happy that for once there wasn't a freaking love-triangle! Those just really piss me off. :P Amazing answer, Mel sweetie! Divergent is one of my favorite YA books of all time and I'm so happy you love it too! <3

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've been hearing good hypes about this. Should get a copy soon!
    New Follower :)
    Check out MY FF

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is what I chose too!

    Ohh that's a different book cover though, it's pretty! :)

    My FF @ Pink Fluffy Hearts

    ReplyDelete
  21. Whoa which version is that Divergent?? I've never seen that cover but it's BEAUTIFUL! <33

    Thanks for stopping by my FF :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really enjoyed Divergent, and that's a cover I've never seen, lovely!

    Old follower
    http://littlesqueed.blogspot.com/2012/09/feature-follow_21.html

    ReplyDelete
  23. I thought Divergent was worth all the hype too! Great pick. Obsidian was worth all the hype IMO too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible. Remember to return to see my reply! :)

Copyright © 2012 The Daily Prophecy
Template and Design by Hopeless Romantics
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0