Friday, September 28, 2012 19:49

Bloggiesta 2. Update.

You can find the first post here: Bloggiesta 2.

As you know I'm participating in this lovely event. I will edit this post every time I do something from my list, so keep checking this if you like to be up to date :)

To-do-list - the real version:
-Make some headers for the memes I participate in.
-Find some new signatures (I love to switch between them.)
-Make my pages up-to-date. Perhaps try to make a normal menu, instead of the list I have now.
-Participate in at least 10 mini challenges.
-Make sure that all my reviews are also on Goodreads; with a link to my blog.
-Write every review and line them up in a nice order.
-Try to refresh some basics about English, because I sometimes really struggle with things like; then/than (and I can't correct those mistakes with grammar control
-Try to visit at least 25 participants from Bloggiesta, to see how they are doing with their to-do-list.
-Clean up the blogs I follow.
-Clean up my favorites and put every link in a folder, so I can find it back if I need it for my blog.
-Make some WoW's and Top 10 tuesdays, so I don't have to do that for a couple of weeks.
-Put some more information about myself on the 'about me' page. If I can come up with things I think can be fun for you :)
-Rating scale.

Update:
The new headers I made!



The new signatures.


Mini-challenges I followed.
Wordpress vs Blogger. Very helpful!
How to be organized by scheduling posts, makinglists and using templates.
How to use Pocket. I'm already using it and it's super handy! 
Get and give great guest posts. I could use information like this, helpful! 

Print your blog. I'm going to give this a try. It should be fun.
Six techniques to revitalize your old content. As you may have noticed; I finally got the Linkwithin!
Back up your blog. I decided to go with it and I made a wordpress account. Just an extra back-up. I found out that I'm pretty happy with blogspot. It's 'thedailyprophecy.wordpress.com' and of course it's private now :)
10 things you should not ignore. I'm actually ignoring SEO, so I really need to get more information about it.
How to embed a youtube video. I haven't done it before, but I might add a book trailer sometimes.
Basic photo editing. I'm not very good at it, so this was nice.

Rating scale.


Other things.
I rewrote the 'about me' page and I'm more satisfied with it now. My pages are updated and I'm still looking for a drop down menu. I think I'm going to introduce it in the new year.
I made a little note about important English grammars.
I wrote every review.

How are you doing? Link me up!


author image

Mel@thedailyprophecy

Mel is a microbiology technician who is obsessed with Disney, fairytale retellings and fantasy. If she's not reading or blogging, she's either busy with gaming, hanging out with family or watching a TV show. She loves summer and bright nail polish. One of her dreams is to travel the world. She has found her Prince Charming and they are together for 7+ years.

28 comments:

  1. Hi! Great progress already. I was just at a blog that was looking for banner help, maybe the two of you could connect- lucybird's book blog.

    Girl Who Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your graphic headers are really cute! What program do you use to make them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving your new graphics Mel! Especially the rating scale! <33

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy crossed off list! I am super impressed! I like your new rating system, it's cute! Good luck with the rest of your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you're moving through your list quick! I love it. :D And the new rating system, hearts in my eyes. I adore Disney! Great choice. Best of luck with the rest of your goals. You just got a new follower! Great blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. I need to do SO many of these things! Go you! And oh my gosh, you're new rating system with the Disney princesses!!! I die! Love it so much! <3 Love your banners too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! Another Dutch blogger! How fun is that! :)
    Good luck with your to do list!

    J'adore Happy Endings

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm impressed with how much you are getting done! You're having a great Bloggiesta!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're doing great so far!! Keep it up, I like the changes you've made so far, especially the rating and sig :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the headers for the memes...and the princesses for the ratings. I love seeing creative things like this...awesome!

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow...looks like you have been pretty busy! Hope you continue to get lots done!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog today.
    ~Kristin @ Always With a Book

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, you're doing great! :)
    I love the new meme buttons, and your rating system is super cute!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow looks like you've got a lot done. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great job! You've put me to shame, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your rating system you should really use it, it's so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very impressed with everything you've managed to accomplish already! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Woah you've got a ton done already! Love the new banners. So cute! I like rating systems on book blogs. The princesses are super cute. I love pocket too! how did I ever live without it?

    ReplyDelete
  18. OK WOW! You are getting a lot done! Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great new banners! You've already got so much accomplished on your list! I really like you rating scale, too. I have a Tinkerbell obsession so of course I like that she is the first character on your scale.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! You did so much! I love the way your banners look! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, you've done a lot! I love your new signature and rating graphics.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Excellent list and it looks like your making some good progress! I also love Pocket. Good luck with the rest of today!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow! Looks like you got a lot accomplished.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats! You've made great progress. I love the new headers.

    ReplyDelete
  25. You did a fabulous job getting things done! I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love your new rating system! And your signature with the hearts is really cute. Great job, Mel :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. OK, those blogging tips are F A N T A S T I C! Thanks for sharing! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love how much you accomplished!
    I especially love your headers and ratings pictures- they are so gorgeous :)
    Well done for all you mini challenges!
    Bloggiesta Wrap Up

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible. Remember to return to see my reply! :)

Copyright © 2012 The Daily Prophecy
Template and Design by Hopeless Romantics
Toptal (Topal) / CC BY-SA 3.0