Sunday, August 12, 2012 18:12

Showcase Sunday 10. The lost prince!



Don't look at Them. Never let Them know you can see Them.

That is Ethan Chase's unbreakable rule. Until the fey he avoids at all costs—including his reputation—begin to disappear, and Ethan is attacked. Now he must change the rules to protect his family. To save a girl he never thought he's dare to fall for. Ethan thought he had protected himself from his older sister's world—the land of Faery. His previous time in the Iron Realm left him with nothing but fear and disgust for the world Meghan Chase has made her home, a land of myths and talking cats, of magic and seductive enemies. But when destiny comes for Ethan, there is no escape from a danger long, long forgotten.

My name is Ethan Chase. And I may not live to see my eighteenth birthday.
*Fan girl scream and awkward happy dance* When I saw this one was on Netgalley, I had to request it (even when I'm already drowning in review books.) I can't wait to get started in this one.

Mockingbird (Miriam Black, #2)Chuck Wendig - Mockingbird.
Miriam is trying. Really, she is.

But this whole "settling down thing" that Louis has going for her just isn't working out. She lives on Long Beach Island all year around. Her home is a run-down double-wide trailer. She works at a grocery store as a check-out girl. And her relationship with Louis--who's on the road half the time in his truck--is subject to the piss and vinegar Miriam brings to everything she does.

It just isn't going well. Still, she's keeping her psychic ability--to see when and how someone is going to die just by touching them--in check. But even that feels wrong somehow. Like she's keeping a tornado stoppered up in a tiny bottle.

Then comes one bad day that turns it all on her ear.

author image

Mel@thedailyprophecy

Mel is a microbiology technician who is obsessed with Disney, fairytale retellings and fantasy. If she's not reading or blogging, she's either busy with gaming, hanging out with family or watching a TV show. She loves summer and bright nail polish. One of her dreams is to travel the world. She has found her Prince Charming and they are together for 7+ years.

24 comments:

  1. I'm so bad - I haven't read the Iron Fey series yet! I need to catch up! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh!You have the Lost Prince as well! :)
    Thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to read the Iron Fey series ): Enjoy! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh. My. God. THE LOST PRINCE!! So jealous!!

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also have The Lost Prince, I hope you enjoy it. The Toadhouse's synopsis sounds interesting, can't wait to see your review.

    Old follower.
    My SCS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh congrats on getting The Lost Prince! I started FLAILING RUNNING and SCREAMING when I got the Lost Prince I wasn't expecting it at ALL so I hope you enjoy it, I already read it and it was SO good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh Mockingbird sounds interesting. Have fun reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really need to start The Iron Fey Series! Great books all!

    Thanks for stopping by My Added to the Bookshelf Post!

    ♥ Melissa @ Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOh nice! Finished The Lost Prince just this week! LOVED it! Hope you enjoy all your reads!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you'll love The Lost Prince :) The Toadhouse Trilogy looks fun - thanks for sharing what you got. Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I so need to read the Iron Fey series. Got The lost Prince but have to read the others first. I feel so left out...
    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL I screamed and did a happy dance when I got The Lost Prince too! X)
    The Toadhouse Trilogy sounds so cool! I can't believe I haven't heard of it till now. It's definitely going on my TBR shelf!
    Thanks for sharing Mel! :)
    Here’s my haul

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just read a review on The Lost Prince yesterday and it seems really good so I requested it too. Nice haul Mel. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hourray for The Lost Prince! ^o^ Things are REALLY starting to heat up in that one and I was laughing so hard at Razor XD First tiem seeing The Toadhouse Trilogy O_O Glad that you're enjoying it so far, and too bad Mockingbird's series wasn't spectacular but gotta love the covers from that series! Haaaaappy Reeeeaading, Mel!!! <333

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for stopping by! I'm really interested in reading the iron fey series. I'm just waiting to find it on sale!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great haul! I can't wait to get started on THE LOST PRINCE either. :D I haven't heard of the rest, but MOCKINGBIRD sounds really good.

    Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Some lovely books there! The cover for Mockingbird looks awesome :D Thanks for stopping by and commenting on My Showcase Sunday video post

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great haul! I haven't read any of these books yet but I hope you'll enjoy them :) Have a great week ♥

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome haul this week, Mel! <3 I can't wait to hear what you think of The Lost Prince! The Toadhouse sounds very interesting. Mockingbird's cover creeps me out a bit, but I hope the story is amazing! <3

    Happy reading, and enjoy your books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sometimes the second book in a series can really be surprisingly good, even if you didn't like the first one!

    Enjoy !

    ReplyDelete
  21. The Lost Prince is very popular this week. Great haul you have. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Can you believe that I have yet to read a book by Kagawa? I know, it's pathetic. That's the second time I have come across Mockingbird tonight. Me thinks I need to get myself a copy :)

    Thanks for stopping by Book Cover Justice!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've been seeing the Lost Prince on a lot of people's lists. Must be good. Enjoy your books. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible. Remember to return to see my reply! :)

Copyright © 2012 The Daily Prophecy
Template and Design by Hopeless Romantics
Toptal (Topal) / CC BY-SA 3.0