Sunday, August 05, 2012 18:13

Showcase Sunday 9. Review books.


Thanks to Edelweis & The publishers.


TeethHannah Moskowitz - Teeth.
Expected publication: January 1st 2013 by Simon Pulse.
Hannah Moskowitz's (author of BREAK and INVINCIBLE SUMMER) TEETH features a sixteen-year-old boy whose family, in an effort to cure his ailing brother, relocates to a remote island where legendary magic fish are said to have healing powers, and he discovers the island has terrible secrets, including a half-teenager, half-fish.



Thanks to Netgalley and The publishers.

Tab Bennett and the InbetweenJes Young - Tab Bennett and the Inbetween.
Published: May 1st 2012.
Lately Tab Bennett’s life is like a fairy tale. Unfortunately for her, it’s the Grimm kind. The kind where the woods are deep and dark and full of monsters; where a mother’s longing for something forbidden means terrible consequences for her daughter; where the huntsman who takes the princess for a walk in the woods plans to steal her heart – literally – right out of her chest.

Ironskin (Ironskin, #1)Tina Connolly - Ironskin.
Expected publication
: October 2nd 2012 by Tor Books.
Jane Eliot wears an iron mask. It’s the only way to contain the fey curse that scars her cheek. The Great War is five years gone, but its scattered victims remain—the ironskin. When a carefully worded listing appears for a governess to assist with a "delicate situation"—a child born during the Great War—Jane is certain the child is fey-cursed, and that she can help. Teaching the unruly Dorie to suppress her curse is hard enough; she certainly didn’t expect to fall for the girl’s father, the enigmatic artist Edward Rochart. But her blossoming crush is stifled by her own scars, and by his parade of women. Ugly women, who enter his closed studio...and come out as beautiful as the fey. Jane knows Rochart cannot love her, just as she knows that she must wear iron for the rest of her life. But what if neither of these things is true? Step by step Jane unlocks the secrets of her new life—and discovers just how far she will go to become whole again.
author image

Mel@thedailyprophecy

Mel is a microbiology technician who is obsessed with Disney, fairytale retellings and fantasy. If she's not reading or blogging, she's either busy with gaming, hanging out with family or watching a TV show. She loves summer and bright nail polish. One of her dreams is to travel the world. She has found her Prince Charming and they are together for 7+ years.

31 comments:

  1. I received IRONSKIN and TEETH a couple of weeks back, too! I can't wait to read them both. :) Great haul!

    Thanks for stopping by my Showcase Sunda, Mel. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh nice! Those are new to me but I hope you enjoy them!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oohh these look so good!! Can't wait to see what you think of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These books sound interesting. I also got Ironskin a few weeks back from Netgalley.

    My SS

    I'm also a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, great haul!! In Between and Ironskin sound super good, and Teeth definitely sounds quite interesting.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Here’s my IMM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for Teeth! I love Hannah Moskowitz, so I can't wait to see what her new novel is like! I'm looking forward to your review!(:

    ~Keertana
    Ivy Book Bindings

    ReplyDelete
  7. These books look so good! And Ironskin... *sigh* can't wait to read it!

    Here's what I got this week: http://goo.gl/HiwGs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ironskin looks so good. Awesome haul. And happy reading ;)

    Jennifer @ Dream Reads

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great haul of books, I've got Ironskin to start and Tab Bennett sounds really good! Happy reading!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog, now following you :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I got Lucretia as well! I'm looking forward to see how that one turns out. And Ironskin looks so, so pretty... But I'm trying to control myself and not request it (:

    Happy reading!
    Celine ~ Nyx Book Reviews
    My New Books

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for stopping by My IMM! You have the same tastes as me! I also just picked up Ironskin and Tab Bennett and the InBetween.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been seeing Ironskin around lately and it's totally screaming at me to check it out!! It sounds FANTASTIC and I need more fey books lining my shelves. I hope you like it!

    This is my first time hearing of Tab Bennett and the Inbetween, so thanks for popping it on my radar. A book inspired by Grimm fairytales? I'm frothing at the mouth!!

    Awesome haul, hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Teeth looks like a great read. I'm also interested in Ironskin. Enjoy!!

    Thanks for dropping by my IMM!
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've been seeing Ironskin around a lot lately! Enjoy these books :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't wait for Ironskin Jane Eyre re-telling! Sign me up. Tab Bennett and the Inbetween sounds dark and thrilling. Nice haul Mel! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Teeth sounds creepy!! Great haul hun - I hope you'll enjoy all your books!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for stopping by my blog, Mel! Gorgeous book haul, and I especially like the cover for The Inbetween (all those birds!)! Enjoy all your reads!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for stopping by my blog. Your books look great I hope you enjoy reading them all!

    Happy reading,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, Tab Bennett and the In Between sounds amazing! It reminds me of The Grimm Legacy and First Frost. You should check those out sometime if you haven't already. They're a fairytale lover's closest companions. :)

    Anyway, happy reading! And thanks for stopping by my book haul.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great haul!! I've been eyeing Iron Skin for a bit. Hope you enjoy them!

    Ning @ Reading by Kindle Fire

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great Haul! Ironskin looks so good :)!

    Thanks for stopping by mine -Britan

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awesome books, Mel! The cover for Tab Bennet & The Inbetween looks wonderful!

    Enjoy your books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Teeth looks really interesting! I hope you enjoy all of your books.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You got some great books this week! I got Tab Bennett and the Inbetween, too. :D

    Thanks for dropping by and enjoy your reads!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Omigosh, Ironskin looks fantastic! Teeth sounds incredibly intriguing as well. Super haul this week, Mel! Happy reading <3

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh I am dying to read Ironskin. Nice haul and thanks for stopping by My IMM

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great haul! Hope you enjoy! :D

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great books! The Inbetween looks really good!

    Thanks for stopping by My Added to the Bookshelf Post!

    ♥ Melissa @ Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great IMM. The Tab Bennett is an add on my TBR pile, it seems awesome :)

    Thanks for stopping by my IMM!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wonderful books you got my dear! ENjoy them all =9 and Im looking forward to read your thoughts on Ironskin! <333

    ReplyDelete
  31. Woww, awesome haul! There are some cool sounding books in there.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible. Remember to return to see my reply! :)

Copyright © 2012 The Daily Prophecy
Template and Design by Hopeless Romantics
Toptal (Topal) / CC BY-SA 3.0