Monday, August 27, 2012 13:12

Review 70. Rachel Hawkins – Demonglass.

Spoilers if you haven’t read Hex Hall yet; also, don’t read the blurb!

Demonglass (Hex Hall, #2)Title: Demonglass.
Author: Rachel Hawkins.
Pages: 359. 
Published: March 22nd 2011.
Publisher: Hyperion Book CH
Sort: Part two of ‘Hex Hall.’
Review part 1: Hex Hall.
Sophie Mercer thought she was a witch. That was the whole reason she was sent to Hex Hall, a reform school for delinquent Prodigium (aka witches, shapeshifters, and fairies). But that was before she discovered the family secret, and that her hot crush, Archer Cross, is an agent for The Eye, a group bent on wiping Prodigium off the face of the earth. Turns out, Sophie’s a demon, one of only two in the world—the other being her father. What’s worse, she has powers that threaten the lives of everyone she loves. Which is precisely why Sophie decides she must go to London for the Removal, a dangerous procedure that will destroy her powers. But once Sophie arrives she makes a shocking discovery. Her new friends? They’re demons too. Meaning someone is raising them in secret with creepy plans to use their powers, and probably not for good. Meanwhile, The Eye is set on hunting Sophie down, and they’re using Archer to do it. But it’s not like she has feelings for him anymore. Does she?
Rating: 4 out of 5.

Another funny read. Sophie really stole my heart. 

I liked this book. Sophie finally meets her father and he is pretty cool. He confesses that he still loves her mother, that’s why he never married another woman. How sweet is that? He tries to convince Sophie to keep her powers. He wants her to be able to defend herself and he will learn her tricks he used for years. That’s how he manages to stay ‘normal’ instead of pure evil.

It’s fun that Elodie returned and that Jenna and Cal play a big role in this one. I LOVE Cal! I kept wishing for him and Sophie to come together. There is a certain chemistry between them, but you can clearly see that she is more attracted to Archer. I don’t get her feelings for him, but they are sweet. Cal sounds more like my type. The enemy is much closer than they expected. I honesty didn't see it coming. Great!
author image

Mel@thedailyprophecy

Mel is a microbiology technician who is obsessed with Disney, fairytale retellings and fantasy. If she's not reading or blogging, she's either busy with gaming, hanging out with family or watching a TV show. She loves summer and bright nail polish. One of her dreams is to travel the world. She has found her Prince Charming and they are together for 7+ years.

6 comments:

  1. (I've got fantastic timing XD)

    Glad to hear that this one went well as well! I'm waiting for my copy of Hex Hall >_< EEEE!! so couldn't really understand what's going on there with the father thing. Anyway, yay!! there's a good surprise in there <3 Can't wait to read all of these, lovely review as always, Mel~! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I have a bigger thing for Archer, but I do agree that Cal is pretty linkable. ;) I'm glad you enjoyed this, Mel! Brilliant review as always. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Vivian, I hope you get your copy soon! I can't wait to hear what you think about it :D
    @Sam, I always seem to pick the less popular guy, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this book so much! I liked it much more than the first but the third is such a big disappointment!


    Krazzyme @ Young Readers

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read this series a while back and I feel like this is the one where I got a little disappointed because I wanted to see more of the Brannock sisters, they were so built up and then I was kind of let down when they made their appearance. Great review! This was a really fun series, I agree!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved this too but I found Sophia's reunion with her dad lukewarm but I do love the twist in the end.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible. Remember to return to see my reply! :)

Copyright © 2012 The Daily Prophecy
Template and Design by Hopeless Romantics
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0