Wednesday, July 18, 2012 12:01

WoW 16. Lilith Saintcrow - Nameless.


Hosted by Breaking the spine.

Nameless (Tales of Beauty & Madness, #1)
Title: Nameless.
Author
: Lilith Saintcrow/Lili St. Crow.
Pages: 304.
Expected publication: April 2013.
Publisher: Razorbill.
Sort
: Part one of 'Tales of beauty & Madness.'

A dark and eerie retelling of Snow White.

Sixteen-year-old Camille doesn’t remember her life before she was adopted by the powerful Vultusino family—the missing childhood years that left her scarred and silent. Now she lives a life
of luxury, protected by the supernatural Mafia Vultusinos, specially Nico, her adopted brother.

But Cami knows that she is not really Family. She is a mortal with a past that lies buried in trauma. And it’s not until a mysterious boy approaches her and reveals scars of his own that Cami begins
to uncover the secrets of her past.. to find out where she comes from and what danger she now finds herself in.
You guys know me by now. Fairytales and retellings are always a 'go' for me, so when I read the first line I was sold. I haven't read any books from this author, but this sounds like the perfect meeting with her work. And I really like the cover. Look how dark and mysterious!

What's your pick this week?


author image

Mel@thedailyprophecy

Mel is a microbiology technician who is obsessed with Disney, fairytale retellings and fantasy. If she's not reading or blogging, she's either busy with gaming, hanging out with family or watching a TV show. She loves summer and bright nail polish. One of her dreams is to travel the world. She has found her Prince Charming and they are together for 7+ years.

23 comments:

  1. Oh wow! LST is doing a fairytale retelling, this sounds dark and suspenseful and I LOVE that cover. Thanks for putting it on my radar!

    New follower :)

    My Waiting On Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one looks good! Love Lili/Lilith's books!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen this one before! The cover is beautiful, I'm gonna add this one to my TBR. Thanks for sharing :)

    Sarah @ That Teenage Feeling
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lili St. Crow's a good writer, I enjoyed the first three of her Strange Angels series (I still liked the last one's but the plot kind of devolved for me, like it could/should have been wound up earlier). I'll definitely keep my eye out for this one too. Thanks for the heads up :-)
    Katja @ YA's the Word

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What a beautiful cover! though I'm not a fan of the font choice. Haha, I'm definitely like you in that sense! Never turn down a fairy-tale based book or retelling! The premise sounds fabulous, thanks for sharing this one!

    -dashes off to post WoW-

    ReplyDelete
  6. i've never heard of nameless before but i love the sound of it. thanks for featuring it! i'm adding it to my wishlist :)

    Our WoW.

    -michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't heard about this book yet but wow! I can't wait to read it. Thanks for stopping by.

    Waiting on Wednesday

    Lisa @ Shatterbooks

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow ! This sounds really good. Awesome pick, Mel ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Lilith Crow..so this baby is going on my list..awesome pick, thanks for stopping by My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. Saw this one recently and it looks deliciously dark! Great pick! Thanks for stopping by Libby Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well that sounds interesting - I love fairy tale re-tellings also!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooo. This sounds good. Love re-tellings <3 <3

    Thanks for sharing & for stopping by my post :)

    Jennifer @ Dream Reads

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love snow white and there seem to be so many good re-tellings coming out! This sounds awesome. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That cover is GORGEOUS! Mafia? Supernaturals? And a retelling of a fairy tale? Sign me up! Am in love with this book already. First I've seen of it :)

    Thanks for stopping by,
    @ Livin' Life Through Books

    ReplyDelete
  15. A Snow White retelling?! Yes please!! This looks so great, I definitely need to add it to my TBR. It also sounds really unique! Can't wait to pick it up!

    Fabulous pick!

    -Aneeqah @ My Not So Real Life

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ahh I hadn't actually heard of this before but since I absolutely LOVE fairytale retellings, I'm already really excited for this one! I'm not really a huuuuge fan of the cover but still, it sounds AMAZING so I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for it! Thanks so much for sharing and stopping by! x)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great pick! I haven't heard of this one yet but wow definitely adding it to my list! It sounds amazing and I love fairy tale retellings. Also the cover is so gorgeous!

    Thanks for visiting my post!
    Traci @ The Reading Geek

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love that cover and I love fairy-tale twists. Great pick. Thanks for stopping by My WoW

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yes! I just saw the cover to this earlier today on FB and had to add it to my list! Everything about this one is exactly what I love to read! Can't wait for it's release too :)
    Great pick! Happy reading!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sounds good, I'm all about fairy tales! I hadn't heard of this one, but I'll definitely add it to my list. Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ooo another fairy tale retelling. I haven't heard of this one yet though, so thanks for sharing :D the cover is lovely, too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This one looks great!

    Thanks for visiting our WoW!

    Nat

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nameless sounds really good. Thanks for sharing. It's definitely going on my reading list.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible. Remember to return to see my reply! :)

Copyright © 2012 The Daily Prophecy
Template and Design by Hopeless Romantics
Toptal (Topal) / CC BY-SA 3.0