Sunday, July 01, 2012 15:06

Showcase Sunday 7. Netgalley.


So, Netgalley and their publishers were very nice, because I was allowed for 'Butter'! Perhaps you know that this was my WoW pick a couple of weeks ago, so I'm really excited for this one.

ButterErin Jade Lang - Butter.
Expected publication: September 18th 2012 by Bloomsbury.

A lonely obese boy everyone calls "Butter" is about to make history. He is going to eat himself to death—live on the Internet—and everyone is invited to watch. When he first makes the announcement online to his classmates, Butter expects pity, insults, and possibly sheer indifference. What he gets are morbid cheerleaders rallying around his deadly plan. Yet as their dark encouragement grows, it begins to feel a lot like popularity. And that feels good. But what happens when Butter reaches his suicide deadline? Can he live with the fallout if he doesn’t go through with his plans? With a deft hand, E.J. Lange allows readers to identify with both the bullies and the bullied in this all-consuming look at one teen’s battle with himself.

I am also very pleased about my accepted request for this book. I've found it one another blog and I fell in love with the cover. And the blurb attracts me, lifting a curse sounds great.

The Assassin's CurseCassandra Rose Clark - The assassin's curse.
Expected publication: October 2nd 2012 by Strange Chemistry.

Ananna of the Tanarau is the eldest daughter of a highly-ranked family in the loose assortment of cutthroats and thieves in the Pirate's Confederation. When she runs away from the marriage her parents have arranged for her, they hire Naji the assassin to murder her. When a mysterious woman in a dress shop offers her magical assistance for dealing with the assassin, Ananna accepts. She never went in much for magic herself -- she lacks the talent for it -- but she's not quite ready to die yet, either. Unfortunately, the woman's magic fails. Fortunately, Ananna inadvertently saves the assassin's life in the skirmish, thus activating a curse that had been placed on him a few years earlier. Now, whenever her life is in danger, he must protect her -- or else he experiences tremendous physical pain. Neither Ananna nor the assassin, Naji, are pleased about this development. Follow Ananna and Naji as they sail across the globe, visiting such mysterious places as the Court of Salt and Waves, in their desperate effort to lift the curse. Soon they will discover that only by completing three impossible tasks will they be able to set themselves free.

That's it for this week! Not a huge batch, but I'm pretty happy with these two books. Besides that, I have more than enough to read already, haha. So, link me up with your mailbox! :)

author image

Mel@thedailyprophecy

Mel is a microbiology technician who is obsessed with Disney, fairytale retellings and fantasy. If she's not reading or blogging, she's either busy with gaming, hanging out with family or watching a TV show. She loves summer and bright nail polish. One of her dreams is to travel the world. She has found her Prince Charming and they are together for 7+ years.

30 comments:

  1. I don't know that I could read Butter...might be too much for me. The Assassin's Curse sounds awesome though! Enjoy!

    my Added to the Bookshelf Post

    ♥ Melissa @ Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm seeing The Assassin's Curse on a lot of Showcases today. Thanks for stopping by my blog, and enjoy your books. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really eager to read The Assassin's Curse. I hope you enjoy it! Butter sounds really good too. Happy reading Mel! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome haul and I just love the font on the cover for The Assassins Curse. Happy Reading ;)

    Jennifer @ Dream Reads

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got The Assassin's Curse from netgalley as well - I just love books with assassin's in recently! It's always nice when your requests are accepted! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great books this week! The Assassin's Curse looks excellent. Happy reading, and thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've actually just finished reading The Assassin's Curse, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did... at the start it was just okay and then Naji turned up and then I was turning the pages :)
    Thanks for stopping by
    My Books

    ReplyDelete
  8. Butter sounds like a heart wrenching but very important story for our times. I can't wait to see what you think of it Mel. The Assassin's Curse looks really good too! I hear you on having more than enough to read! There are not enough hours in the day, Mel. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not heard of Butter before. Sounds interesting, but difficult. Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Butter sounds quite disturbing. Will have to wait and see what you have to say about it. I also have The Assassin's Curse and really looking forward to reading it :) Happy Reading!

    -Becca@Lost in Thought
    http://lostinthought-becca.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/showcase-sunday-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome books this week, I've heard Butter is a good one, but I haven't seen the other one before. Enjoy them :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am very curious about Butter. I don't if I can handle it or not so I will be looking forward to your review to see how it is. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have a copy of The Assassin's Curse that I still need to read too! Hope you enjoy it :-)

    SeeitORreadit

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have butter (I have to read it soon) and Assassin's Curse looks really good. Ejoy!

    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Interesting books you have there! I can't wait to see what you think of them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm glad you got a book you were really looking forward too. Let's hope it lives up to your expectations. Not too much to ask, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ohh the Assassins Curse sounds soo good! Butter sounds rather dark and disturbing, also sounds like it will be a tear jerker.

    My SS

    ReplyDelete
  18. *sigh* I requested for BUTTER, but got declined. I agree that it looks amazing, so I can't wait to hear your thoughts on it!

    Enjoy all your books, and thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Meg
    The Book Galaxy

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh I really want to read the assassin's curse! So cool :)
    Here's my Showcase Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  20. I got Assassin's curse a couple weeks ago. I think it looks really good. I hope you like them both! Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for checking out my blog! Butter sounds like a really intersting read. And, I never heard of The Assassin's Curse, but it sounds really good! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Both of these look great! I've heard great things about Assassin's Curse. Happy reading and thanks for stopping by!:))

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, thank you so much for the recommendation!! :) Butter is going on my wishlist asap!!

    *runs to Netgalley*
    I hope you'll enjoy both of them hun! xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm excited to read the Assassin's Curse too. Thanks for stopping by!

    Kathryn @ Clean Teen Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  25. The Assassin's Curse looks really good. Hope you enjoy it! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Butter sounds so freaking weird and I kind of love the idea!! lol. Great haul, darling!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great haul this week! Butter sounds really interesting, I really should request for it soon.
    Thanks for stopping by my STS post :)

    - Ellie @ The Selkie Reads Stories

    ReplyDelete
  28. I've been glimpsing Butter all over the place. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Butter sounds so strange .. Definitely adding it to my TBR pile!
    Thanks for sharing :)

    -Laura
    What's Hot?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible. Remember to return to see my reply! :)

Copyright © 2012 The Daily Prophecy
Template and Design by Hopeless Romantics
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0