Top 10 Tuesday (10) Favorite book quotes.


Top Ten Favorite Book Quotes.

I love this week's 'challenge' I always scribble down the quotes I love or just typing them in a Words document. Sometimes, books can really touch me with their knowledge :) So, I could actually quote a lot of lines from The book thief, but I'm going to take two of them.

1. “I wanted to tell the book thief many things, about beauty and brutality. But what could I tell her about those things that she didn't already know? I wanted to explain that I am constantly overestimating and underestimating the human race-that rarely do I ever simply estimate it. I wanted to ask her how the same thing could be so ugly and so glorious, and its words and stories so damning and brilliant.” Death in The Book thief by Markus Zusak.

2. “A small but noteworthy note. I've seen so many young men over the years who think they're running at other young men. They are not. They are running at me.” Death in The Book thief. This is a perfect imagine of war.
3. “Dumbledore watched her fly away, and as her silvery glow faded he turned back to Snape, and his eyes were full of tears.
"After all this time?"
"Always," said Snape.”

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K Rowling. The line contains so much emotions for me. That's the first time there is a real crack in Snape's 'I'm a tough guy' act.

4. “Cinderella? Snow White? What's that? An illness?” Ron(ald) Weasley in The Deathly Hallows. Haha, this one made me laugh so hard.

5. “He would have told her - he would have said, it matters not if you are here or there, for I see you before me every moment. I see you in the light of the water, in the swaying of the young trees in the spring wind. I see you in the shadows of the great oaks, I hear your voice in the cry of the owl at night. You are the blood in my veins, and the beating of my heart. You are my first waking thought, and my last sigh before sleeping. You are - you are bone of my bone, and breath of my breath.” A description of a true love in Juliet Marillier's Daughter of the Forest.

6. "But she warned him not to be deceived by appearances, for beauty is found within." The prologue from Beauty and the beast. I always try to keep that in mind.

7. “She says nothing at all, but simply stares upward into the dark sky and watches, with sad eyes, the slow dance of the infinite stars.” Neil Gaiman - Stardust.

8. “What is normal? Normal is only ordinary; mediocre. Life belongs to the rare, exceptional individual who dares to be different.” Virigina Andrews - My sweet Audrina. I loved her books when I was younger.

9. “As she left my room I knew I should shut up. But you know when you should shut up because you really should just shut up...but you keep on and on anyway? Well, I had that.” Louise Rennison - Angus, Thongs and Full-frontal snogging. Haha, this girl is wonderful.

10. “To ugly ducklings everywhere, don't worry about those fluffy yellow morons: They'll never get to be swans” ZoĆ« Marriott - The swan kingdom.
So, my picks! Tell me if you like them and show me your link!

b0e567371347d0115468a06

12 comments

  1. I love the Beauty and the Beast one, it is so true :). Also, that quote by Neil Gaiman is sooo beautiful!! I must start reading Stardust! Thanks for sharing and stopping by! :)

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww I absolutely loved quotes 3, 4, and especially 7! Great picks!

    Here's my Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cracked up the first time I read Ron's quote from Deathly Hallows. Loved the random bits of humor sprinkled throughout a mostly dark book. Great picks!

    Thanks for stopping by my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Book Thief quote. Thanks a million for stopping by my Top Ten :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Someone else had that Snape quote too and I completely forgot about it but absolutely love that you both have reminded me of it! Get chills every time I read it.. :)

    Great list!

    Thanks for stopping by :)

    Michele | Top 10

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, #10 is so cute, and the kind of thing I want to drum into my little cousins heads until they believe me. In a totally non-violent sort of way.
    "Bone of my bone, and breath of my breath." SO BEAUTIFUL.
    Love this list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. #3 just about made me cry when I read Deathly Hallows. Great picks! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your Harry Potter quotes! I've seen so many today and it makes me smile every time. The Daughter of the Forest one is beautiful too.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Harry Potter quotes - I've seen some in every top ten post I visited! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was a bit obsessed with My Sweet Audrina when I was younger! Such a very creepy book.

    ReplyDelete
  11. "Always" sums up how I feel about the entire HP series. Doesn't hurt that Snape is my favourite fictional character either. ♥

    The quote from Beauty and the Beast is wonderful. Although I still love the fact that an 11 year old spoiled prince with a castle full of servants and no parents was cursed because he was rude to a stranger.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible.