Showcase Sunday 3.



What I bought on a secondhand sale: (but they look like they are totally new! I'm very picky at buying those books.) It was so much fun. They sold these books in an English church, because they are raising funds to repair the roof. I'm glad that I could help with buying some great books :D


THE ULTIMATE QUEST FOR REDEMPTION

On his eighteenth birthday, Aaron begins to hear strange voices and is convinced he is going insane. But having moved from foster home to foster home, Aaron doesn't know whom he can trust. He wants to confide in the cute girl from class, but fears she'll confirm he's crazy. Then a mysterious man begins following Aaron. He knows about Aaron's troubled past and his new powers. And he has a message for Aaron: As the son of a mortal and an angel, Aaron has been chosen to redeem the Fallen. Aaron tries to dismiss the news and resists his supernatural abilities. But he must accept his newfound heritage — and quickly. For the dark powers are gaining strength, and are hell-bent on destroying him....
I added this book once to Goodreads, because I thought it sounded like a good book. So you can imagine that I was very happy to find this one for such a cheap price!

Jonas (Beautiful Dead, #1)Something strange is happening in Ellerton High. Phoenix is the fourth teenager to die within a year. His street fight stabbing follows the deaths of Jonas, Summer and Arizona in equally strange and sudden circumstances.
And then one day Phoenix appears to Darina.
Ecstatic to be reunited, he tells her about the Beautiful Dead. Souls in limbo, they have been chosen to return to the world to set right a wrong linked to their deaths and bring about justice. Beautiful, superhuman and powerful, they are marked by a 'death mark' - a small tattoo of angel's wings.

I wasn't so sure about this book, but I've read another book from her and that was okay. For this price, I could try it out.

Rogerson Biscoe, with his green eyes and dark curly hair, is absolutely seductive. Before long, sixteen-year-old Caitlin finds herself under his spell. And when he starts to abuse her, she finds she's in too deep to get herself out...
This is going to be my first book from Dessen, but I hear so many great things about her! Almost every review I read is positive, so I have high expectations from this one.

 
The Demon King (Seven Realms, #1)Han takes an amulet from one of the wizards, Micah Bayar, to prevent him from using it against them. Only later does he learn that it has an evil history—it once belonged to the Demon King, the wizard who nearly destroyed the world a millennium ago. And the Bayars will stop at nothing to get it back.

Meanwhile, Princess Raisa ana’Marianna has her own battles to fight. As heir to the Gray Wolf throne of the Fells, she’s just spent three years of relative freedom with her father’s family at Demonai Camp—riding, hunting, and working the famous Clan markets. Now court life in Fellsmarch pinches like a pair of too-small shoes.
I made the synopsis shorter, so if you want to read the whole synopsis, you can click on the name and it will bring you to Goodreads. This book sounds amazing and I love the cover! It's full of details :)

Ballad: A Gathering of Faerie (Books of Faerie, #2)James Morgan has joined his best friend, Deirdre, at a private conservatory for musicians. James' almost unearthly gift for music has attracted the dangerous attentions of Nuala, a soul-snatching faerie muse who fosters and feeds on the creative energies of exceptional humans until they die. Composing beautiful music together leads James and Nuala down an unexpected road of mutual admiration ...and love. Haunted by a vision of raging fire and death, James realizes that Deirdre and Nuala are being hunted by the Fey and plunges into a soulscorching battle with the Queen of the Fey to save their lives.
I've read this book before and I quite liked it, but I wanted to buy it because of the cover! Haha. It's a great addition to my collection.

Tiger LilyBut what I'm most excited about is: I won a pre-order from Tiger Lily! I am the international Spring Blog Carnival Bouncy Castle Winner at Stalking the shelves! I jumped when I read my email! Especially since I've featured this book a couple of blogs ago, with my top 10 of awesomeness. So this baby is going to be mine (but I have to wait, oh, the torture)


Before Peter Pan belonged to Wendy, he belonged to the girl with the crow feather in her hair. . . .

27 comments

  1. Awesome book haul! :) I would love to have The Fallen. Ballad looks good too. I have the first book on my shelf but haven't read it yet. Tiger Lily looks awesome!
    By the way I didn't like that graphic novel of the hunchback of the notre dame either. So bad!
    Thanks for stopping by!

    -new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy all your new books. I REALLY want to read Tiger Lily really badly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome haul Mel :) !!
    I read The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen a few weeks ago and I absolutely loved it .. I'm hoping Dreamland will be as good :) !! Congrats on winning a pre order of Tiger Lily, I'm dying to read this book too :) !!
    Happy reading Mel !

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got lots of lovely goodies this week. I really liked the beautiful dead series


    Showcase Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  5. These books sounds really awesome and how great that you also purchased them via a good cause!! And second hand books can be just as good as the 'first-hand' ones ;)

    I hope you'll enjoy your books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. TIGER LILY!! Ohmygoodness, I'm reading that book next and I couldn't be more ecstatic! The cover is so beautiful, and Peter Pan has been one of my favourite stories since I was little (Can you imagine how amazing it would be to never grow up?) -- I can't wait until you get your pre-order too so we can gush together! :') And I've been meaning to read Maggie's other books but haven't gotten to them yet. Will do it soon though (especially since that cover IS pretty)!

    Awesome showcase this week, Mel! <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Stephanie, it's good to hear that I wasn't the only one! I'm going to post my review on the Hunchback soon.

    @J.R, me too!

    @Elodie, I hope it's going to be as good! :D

    @Natframpton, that's good to hear.

    @Readiculously-peachy, I was very happy that I could help with my purchases. I never go to the church, but it's always a good thing to help other people out ^^

    @Mimi, The cover is AMAZING indeed. First, I didn't like it, but the longer I look at it, the prettier it becomes. Peter Pan is such a great story :D I love the fact that it's suitable for boys and girls to read. I can't wait to gush together with you! And I'm planning on reading Maggie's other books soon too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read any of these but they sound good! Enjoy :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving your site! Looks like you've had a week of fantastic books! I'm also a fan of buying books second hand - much cheaper, and supports a good cause!

    Thanks for visiting my post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey I'm a new follower :).

    Great book haul !!!
    I loved the tv show based of the book series The Fallen. I've always wanted to read them. I don't know if you've seen the tv show it's with Paul Wesley (i'm going to meet him and Ian Somerhalder at an event in Paris next week I can't wait :D!).
    Oh and Balled is amazing ! I loved all Maggie Stiefvater books :). Her writing is like poetry.
    I hope you'll like all these books and happy reading !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great books! Thanks for stopping by. Happy Sunday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've read Lament, but not Ballad as of yet. Hope you love it! And I can totally understand your excitement about Tiger Lily; I really want to read this one, too. Great haul this week! Happy Reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's great that you bought books for a good cause. :)
    And a lot of these I want to read!
    You're so lucky you got to read Tiger Lily!
    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really Awesome haul! Thank you for sharing and for stopping by! I'm a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. The cover for The Fallen one is so gorgeous.

    Awesome haul ;)

    Happy Reading :)

    Awesome haul. Happy Reading ;)

    Jennifer @ Dream Reads

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome books!
    I hope that you love Born Wicked as much as I did!
    New follow via GFC as WTF Are You Reading?
    Visit me here:
    WTF Are You Reading?: WTF's In My Mailbox #4

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oooh, Tiger Lily! :D I've been hearing amazing things about that one, and I can't wait to read it myself. :) I hope you enjoy it, and all your other books, too! :D

    Thanks for commenting on my Stacking the Shelves post, too. :)
    Happy Reading!
    Ambur

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely haul for this week. I have heard about Tiger Lily. I may have to get that one!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh how I love secondhand book sales! And that Sarah Dessen book looks super lovely! I love the cover and she's one of those people whose books I wanted to pick up for a while. I hope you'll like it (and all the other books) - happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. You got a big bunch of wonderful books, Mel! I've really enjoyed Maggie Stiefvater's Wolves of the Mercy Falls books, I haven't read her others yet. I love the cover though :D

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  21. great books this week! Thanks for stopping by my sunday post :) Book Savvy Babe

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really want to read Beautiful Dead, it looks so good. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great books! I hadn't heard of Beautiful Dead, but will definitely be checking it out now! Also, I hope you enjoy Dreamland, it's one of Dessen's heavier ones but The Truth About Forever and This Lullaby are my faves. Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Everybody: thanks for the comments and the follows :D

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am excited about "Tiger Lily". I can't wait to see your review :D

    ReplyDelete
  26. Aaaa I'm loving your haul! I plan to pre-order The Tiger Lily too, it seems like a wonderful re-telling. :D

    Aleksandra @ Divine Secrets of a Little Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fallen was amazing. I admit, at first I was skeptical of this book because it just didn't seem like my type of story- boy was I wrong. Following Aaron along the way on his journey in becoming an angel was amazing- he has to learn to deal with a series of problems, but in the end, always does what's in his heart- which will either make him safe, or put him at incredible risk.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible.