Wednesday, May 09, 2012 14:35

Review 29. Alex Flinn - A kiss in time.

Author: Alex Flinn.
Pages: 371.
Published: April 28th 2009
Publisher: Harper Teen.
ISBN: 0060874198 (ISBN13: 9780060874193)
Sort: Stand alone.
Talia fell under a spell...Jack broke the curse.

I was told to beware the accursed spindle, but it was so enchanting, so hypnotic... I was looking for a little adventure the day I ditched my tour group. But finding a comatose town, with a hot-looking chick asleep in it, was so not what I had in mind. I awakened in the same place but in another time—to a stranger's soft kiss. I couldn't help kissing her. Sometimes you just have to kiss someone. I didn't know this would happen. Now I am in dire trouble because my father, the king, says I have brought ruin upon our country. I have no choice but to run away with this commoner! Now I'm stuck with a bratty princess and a trunk full of her jewels...The good news: My parents will freak!
Rating:

Think you have dating issues? Try locking lips with a snoozing stunner who turns out to be 316 years old. Can a kiss transcend all—even time?

Oh, how I loved this story! A modern twist on the 'sleeping beauty' fairytale. A spoiled brat that keeps whining. The over-protected Talia, Princess of Euphrasia.

A boy called Jack from our century who gets stuck with her and who takes her to his home. He is sent on a tour to Europe and when he tries to escape from the tour group, he and his buddy Travis find Euphrasia. It's funny to see our world through the eyes of someone who lived three hundred years ago.
And I liked the fact that the evil witch returns, because she doesn't believe that Jack is her true love - and she still wants her revenge. You'll find out what her story is and that makes her more a personality than just a cruel person.


3 comments:

  1. Oh Alex Flinn! He wrote Beastly right? This sounds pretty good too I haven't read a retelling of Sleeping Beauty yet, surprisingly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read this book but I want to! Sounds cute :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually read A Kiss in Time a while ago, and I thought it was so sweet! <3 I've always loved Alex Flinn's books, ever since I read Beastly. That book is seriously a jewel.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible. Remember to return to see my reply! :)

Copyright © 2012 The Daily Prophecy
Template and Design by Hopeless Romantics
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0