Review 27. Jessica Day George – Princess of Glass.

Princess of Glass (Princess #2)Title: Princess of Glass.
Author: Jessica Day George.
Pages: 257.
Published: May 25th 2010.
Publisher: Bloomsbury USA.
Sort: Part two of ‘Princess.’
Part #1. Princess of the Midnight Ball.
Hoping to escape the troubles in her kingdom, Princess Poppy reluctantly agrees to take part in a royal exchange program, whereby young princes and princesses travel to each other's countries in the name of better political alliances--and potential marriages. It's got the makings of a fairy tale--until a hapless servant named Eleanor is tricked by a vengeful fairy godmother into competing with Poppy for the eligible prince. Ballgowns, cinders, and enchanted glass slippers fly in this romantic and action-packed happily-ever-after quest from an author with a flair for embroidering tales in her own delightful way.

Rating:

There were some troubles in the country, so one king decided it was time to make new connections. Princes and princesses would exchange in the hope of marriages and therefore, political alliances. Poppy meets interesting people, especially Prince Christian. There was a connection between them, but troubles are waiting. Prepare for the dark twist on Cinderella.

Opinion.
I loved this story! The dark twist on Cinderella was excellent. The story behind The Corley was clever and the characters in this book were very good. Poppy is intelligent, snappy and she can be very sarcastic (something I like). She is very good with cards and she is so strong, yet sweet and caring. Prince Christian is a perfect match for her, because in the end, he recognized his true love and he saved her. Eleanor, yeah.. She is a bit stupid, but I felt pity for her. Imagine it: from having servants, to being one. It must be tough, especially when everything is corrupted by the fairy godmother.

What I liked was that you can read this book as a stand alone. If you haven’t read the first one, there are subtle explanations for the fact that Poppy hates dancing. Another magnificent fairytale retelling! I think I’m going to add this author to my favorite list.


b0e567371347d0115468a06

7 comments

  1. Glad you liked this one! As I mentioned it before, I loved it so much, a very original and dark twist on Cinderella.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh Cinderella! Retellings have been making it huh!? I haven't heard of this one though but I love how dark and smart it sounds. You definitely have me adding this one! Great review chick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad with all the retellings :D I love them! Thanks.

      Delete
  3. I havent heard of this book until now and I loved Cinderela fairty tales and a retelling with a dark twist is so going to be on my list. Great review Mel, <3

    Ƹ̴Ӂ̴ƷFICBOOKREVIEWSƸ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you loved those, you'll definitely love this one!

      Delete
  4. Hi Mel, How are you?
    Great Review.I Never heard about this books, but looks great.
    Have a good weekend.
    I'm following your blog!
    Mariana - World of Tori Vega.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible.