Wednesday, April 25, 2012 14:21

WoW 11. Lara Avery – Anything but ordinary.

 
Hosted by Breaking the spine.


 Anything But Ordinary
Title: Anything but ordinary.
Author: Lara Avery.
Pages: 336.
Expected publication: September 11th 2012.
Publisher: Hyperion Book CH .
ISBN: 1423163869 (ISBN13: 9781423163862)

Bryce remembers it like it was yesterday. The scent of chlorine. The blinding crack and flash of pain. Blood in the water. When she wakes up in the hospital, all Bryce can think of is her disastrous Olympic diving trial. But everything is different now. Bryce still feels seventeen, so how can her little sister be seventeen, too? Life went on without her while Bryce lay in a coma for five years. Her best friend and boyfriend have just graduated from college. Her parents barely speak. And everything she once dreamed of doing—winning a gold medal, traveling the world, falling in love—seems beyond her reach. But Bryce has changed too, in seemingly impossible ways. She knows things she shouldn’t. Things that happened while she was asleep. Things that haven’t even happened yet. During one luminous summer, as she comes to understand that her dreams have changed forever, Bryce learns to see life for what it truly is: extraordinary.

I’m always a bit fascinated by Sleeping Beauty and the fact that she awakes after so many years. This book reminds me somehow of that (but I’m just obsessed with fairytales.) Bryce lay in a coma for five years and the world around her has changed. How must it feel to wake up one day and find out that everything around you moved on?

What’s your pick? :)

b0e567371347d0115468a06
author image

Mel@thedailyprophecy

Mel is a microbiology technician who is obsessed with Disney, fairytale retellings and fantasy. If she's not reading or blogging, she's either busy with gaming, hanging out with family or watching a TV show. She loves summer and bright nail polish. One of her dreams is to travel the world. She has found her Prince Charming and they are together for 7+ years.

31 comments:

  1. This book seems interesting! Fairytales are great too (oh, how I love Disney movies...) :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gravy!!! This sounds so awesome! Headed over to Goodreads to mark it.Why does it have to be five months away?!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, waiting is the hardest part.. :( Haha.

      Delete
  3. oooh I like that cover
    P.S. I nominated you for a blogger award http://reviewingwhatimreading.blogspot.com/2012/04/blogger-award-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHoa!! Five years in a coma!! I would not want to wake up after being in a coma for five years. YIKES!! i wonder how this book will turn out??? Thanks for sharing! My WoW is http://ilovebooksclub101.blogspot.com/2012/04/waiting-on-wednesday-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have not heard of this book before. It sounds really good. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I was younger I was fascinated by coma victims who woke up after many years- definitely a book I'd be interested in. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want this book as well!

    Thanks for sharing,
    Dani
    WoW - http://paulettespapers.com/?p=1983

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhhh another fair tale retelling? I'm definitely going to read that!! Great pick :)

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it is, but it does have a little touch of Sleeping beauty to me :D

      Delete
  9. This sounds goooood. I like the cover, too. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm getting a Sleeping Beauty vibe too. This sounds unlike anything I've ever read before which is always a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yeah I've seen this one around and I'm definitely looking forward to it. I wonder how Bryce will cope with waking up after so much time has passed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. It should be interesting to see how she's going to handle the situation.

      Delete
  12. This sounds soooo good! I am definitely going to have to check this one out :) Thanks for sharing!

    Chapter by Chapter
    Chapter by Chapter

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds very unique :) !! Thank you so much for bringing this one to my attention Mel :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh this sounds really cool! I wasn't thinking "sleeping beauty" until you mentioned it, but now I totally see it! Can't wait for it to come out! Great pick :)

    PS Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've heard great things about this! Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I added the book to my wishlist as soon as I read the summary. It sounds really awesome! It's one of the stories I've always wanted to read about, to tell you the truth. A girl that goes into coma and wakes up years after, to see the world's gone on without her. Interesting!

    Awesome choice, Mel <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible. Remember to return to see my reply! :)

Copyright © 2012 The Daily Prophecy
Template and Design by Hopeless Romantics
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0