Top 10 Tuesday (8). Favorite characters.

Ten All Time Favorite Characters.

This is a meme hosted by The broke and the Bookish. Every Tuesday we make a list of 10 things about a certain subject. This time, we must take our 10 favorite characters. Since that is impossible for me to do, I'm going to split this up.

5 characters I love for a long time.
5 characters I got to meet this year.

All time favorites:
1. Severus Snape. This may seem as a strange choice, but I just loved him from the beginning. There is something about his sarcasm and his brutal way that I like. I always found him interesting and he seemed troubled by something. And I'm a bit influenced by the fact that Alan Rickman protrays him, haha. That vooooice.

It was hard for me to pick one, because all the characters are old friends, but he is the one I will always think of when I hear Harry Potter.

“Dumbledore watched her fly away, and as her silvery glow faded he turned back to Snape, and his eyes were full of tears.
"After all this time?"
"Always," said Snape.”


2. Waljakov. This one is, I think, very unknown. He is a character from Markus Heitz in his Dark Times & New Times fantasy books. (Total of 9 books). He is the guard of the prince and he is magnificant. I loved the fact that he is very caring, but he never want to show it. Actually, he should be a villian, but he choose to join the goodside. It was a battle for him and he always tries to conceal the marks (like red stripes in his hair). You should really get to meet him.

3. Liesel & Death. The main characters in the book thief. This girl just stole my heart and Death has a brilliant way with words.

“Usually we walk around constantly believing ourselves. "I'm okay" we say. "I'm alright". But sometimes the truth arrives on you and you can't get it off. That's when you realize that sometimes it isn't even an answer--it's a question. Even now, I wonder how much of my life is convinced.”

4. Emily Laign. From Christopher Marzi his books 'Lycidas' and 'Lilith'. Actually, there are a lot of great characters in this book. The two guys who are going to help her and her best friend Aurora are also very good. Emily is young, but definitely not naieve. She is brave and she will sacrifice everything for the ones she cares about.

5. Sorcha. Juliet Marillier is one of the best writers when it comes to building up a world with amazing characters in it. Everybody has it's own personality with good qualities and flaws. That makes them adorable. If I must choose from the Seven Waters - and that is hard, because everyone of them stole my heart - I think I like Sorcha the most. The fact that she went through all the suffering just to save the people she loves, is fantastic.

“Perhaps this is what the stories meant when they called somebody heartsick. Your heart and your stomach and your whole insides felt hollow and empty and aching.”

Favorites this year:
6. Scarlet. As you may know, I loved this book from A.C Gaughen. Scarlet is such a kick ass girl, but under all the harsh edges, there is a sweet girl. She can throw knives, she knows many curses and nobody can tell her what she must do.

7. Jessica. A character in Tracy Lynn - Snow White, a modern retelling I adored. She loses her mother when she was very young and her father never looked at her again. So, she grew up as a strange duchess; instead of leaning how to behave like a real woman, she spents all her time in the kitchen. Instead of making nice clothes, she climbs in trees with the boys. That's something I like about her so much, she's so alive and she doesn't worry about what people think. There are also other fascinating characters in this book, like Cat and Raven.

8. Rosalinda Fitzroy. Found in Anna Sheehan - A long, long sleep. Like I said in my review here, first, I was a bit annoyed by her. But after discovering more and more about her past, I felt heartbreaked by her life. I felt sympathy for this girl.

9. Azalea. One of the twelve sisters in Heather Dixon - Entwined. My review here also said that I liked all the other sisters. They all have their own personalities, but we get to know the most about Azalea. She is responsible and mature.

10. Galen. Even if it's only for the fact that he can knit and that he doesn't care if anyone thinks it's strange. He made all his socks in the army and because of his knitting, he can save the princesses from their curse. He is also very sweet and a bit shy, I like that.

"My father was a career army man, sir. I was there at the first engagement with Analousia, and took up my father's rifle when I was barely fifteen."

Let me know what you think and show me your link!

b0e567371347d0115468a06

23 comments

  1. I'm going to start reading The Book Thief and Liesel's character seems promising!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not heard of any of the characters you list, but I'm happy you love them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Snape! He was so chill, lol. ^.^
    Thanks for stopping by the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snape is the greatest Harry Potter ever. No questions. I am seriously going and deleting someone off my list to make room for him. My husband and I actually plan on naming one of our children Severus. Here's my list if you are interested: http://www.babiesbooksandsigns.com/2012/04/top-ten-favorite-characters-of-all-time.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! I want to call one of my children - over a couple of years - also Severus, but my boyfriend refuses, haha.

      Delete
  5. I have to admit I only have heard of one character on your list, but he is a GREAT one! Snape :) Definitely in my top 5 favourite Harry Potter characters!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Love your picks! Severus Snape is one of my favorite characters of all time - he would have definitely been on my list had I not restricted myself to female characters!

    Love your blog! New follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It surprises me that so many people are also fond of Severus :D

      Thanks for the follow!

      Delete
  7. Liesel and Death are GREAT choices!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Snape, Liesel, and Death are all fantastic characters!

    Which book is Galen from? Sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I completely forgot to mention that. He is from Jessica Day George - Princess of the Midnight Ball! My review is right here: http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.com/2012/04/review-16-jessica-day-george-princess.html

      Delete
  9. Snape is a fantastic choice! I was also debating whether to add Neville to my list, but I already had three HP characters!
    A lot of your choices are unknown to me- which I like, as it means more books and authors for me to explore.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great list! I got to hand out The Book Thief on World Book Night.
    Angela @ AJ Arndt Books

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wanted to include Liesl and Death on my list too, but there just wasn't room for all my fictional loves! So happy to see them on other people's lists though. :)

    I still have to read Juliet Marillier - have heard only love from people.

    What is Galen from? The name sounds familiar...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is from Jessica Day George - Princess of the Midnight Ball! My review is right here: http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.com/2012/04/review-16-jessica-day-george-princess.html

      And Marillier is a magician with words :D She will put a spell on you, haha!

      Delete
  12. I also love Severus Snape...great choice. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible.