Review 23. Suzanne Collins – Mockingjay.

Again: spoilers.

Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3)Title: Mockingjay.
Author: Suzanne Collins.
Pages: 390.
Published: August 24th 2010.
Publisher: Scholastic Inc.
Sort: Part three of ‘The Hunger Games.’

My name is Katniss Everdeen. Why am I not dead? I should be dead. Katniss Everdeen, girl on fire, has survived, even though her home has been destroyed. Gale has escaped. Katniss's family is safe. Peeta has been captured by the Capitol. District 13 really does exist. There are rebels. There are new leaders. A revolution is unfolding. It is by design that Katniss was rescued from the arena in the cruel and haunting Quarter Quell, and it is by design that she has long been part of the revolution without knowing it. District 13 has come out of the shadows and is plotting to overthrow the Capitol. Everyone, it seems, has had a hand in the carefully laid plains--except Katniss. The success of the rebellion hinges on Katniss's willingness to be a pawn, to accept responsibility for countless lives, and to change the course of the future of Panem. To do this, she must put aside her feelings of anger and distrust. She must become the rebels' Mockingjay--no matter what the personal cost.

Rating: 4 out of 5. 

“And if we burn, you burn with us!”

The ending.. It’s a totally different ending than I expected, but I think it really fits the story. The only thing I really disliked is the fact that Katniss has lost her courage. I really didn’t recognize her this way and her bravery was one of the things I liked about her.. I appreciate Peeta more than before, but I still don’t feel the real love between them. It’s almost like Katniss isn’t capable of feeling such thing for a guy and he’s too sweet for her.

I think I'd rather see Katniss alone. I know that it's not romantic, but her love for Gale was based on an old friendship and the love for Peeta was because of the Hunger Games. They suffered together and that gave a special bond, but I don't feel the burning passion between them. It felt like Harry Potter and Hermione Granger.

Overall, the series is great, but this book was definitely not the best one. I was a bit bored sometimes.


b0e567371347d0115468a06

10 comments

  1. I agree, definitely not my favorite of the series. It felt a little flat to me and not nearly as rich as the other two. However, I still loved the series and felt like Suzanne Collins really captured what going through the terror of war would do to people involved. I was devastated right along with Katniss!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that is the strenght of these books :)

      Delete
  2. Amazing review Mel .. We pretty much have the same feelings regarding Mockingjay :). It was my least favourite of the series but overall I love the HG series !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree this is the book that both hated and loved, this isnt my favorite, it was infuriating, but I loved this series! Great review glad you enjoyed it Mel. x <3

    Ƹ̴Ӂ̴ƷFICBOOKREVIEWSƸ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that this book was definitely not the best in the series!!!! It was kind of a letdown :( All in all though, I LOVED this series!!!!! Thanks for the review :)

    New follower!

    Stephanie @Steph's Book Corner

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's definitely true that this last book didn't really level up with the first two books, but none the less overall these series are definitely my favorite so far:) Great review!

    I totally agree with you on "I always hate to end series, because you get to know the characters so good, they almost become friends."
    At the end of the series I didn't know what to do with myself anymore, haha!

    See you around ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the same feeling! I always feel a bit down after I end series.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible.