In my mailbox (3)

Hosted by: The story Siren.

Today I am celebrating my birthday with the family (april 17th is my real birthday.) I got a lot of present and the money will be spended on - ofcourse - books! Haha. I will show you the books I got when I bought them on the internet. But for now, I got three books on Netgalley I want to show you.

SeraphinaTitle: Seraphina.
Author: Rachel Hartman.
Pages: 464.
Expected publication: July 19th 2012.
Publisher: Random House Children's Books.             

Four decades of peace have done little to ease the mistrust between humans and dragons in the kingdom of Goredd. Folding themselves into human shape, dragons attend court as ambassadors, and lend their rational, mathematical minds to universities as scholars and teachers. As the treaty's anniversary draws near, however, tensions are high. Seraphina Dombegh has reason to fear both sides. An unusually gifted musician, she joins the court just as a member of the royal family is murdered—in suspiciously draconian fashion. Seraphina is drawn into the investigation, partnering with the captain of the Queen's Guard, the dangerously perceptive Prince Lucian Kiggs. While they begin to uncover hints of a sinister plot to destroy the peace, Seraphina struggles to protect her own secret, the secret behind her musical gift, one so terrible that its discovery could mean her very life.

BlackbirdsTitle: Blackbirds.
Author: Chuck Wendig.
Pages: 384.
Expected publication: April 24th 2012.
Publisher: Angry Robot.

Miriam Black knows when you will die. She’s foreseen hundreds of car crashes, heart attacks, strokes, and suicides. But when Miriam hitches a ride with Louis Darling and shakes his hand, she sees that in thirty days Louis will be murdered while he calls her name. Louis will die because he met her, and she will be the next victim. No matter what she does she can’t save Louis. But if she wants to stay alive, she’ll have to try.

Title: The shapeshifter's secret.
Author: Heather Ostler.
Pages: 328.
Expected publication: June 12th 2012.
Publisher: Cedar Fort.

Julia is finally discovering what–not who–she is. Like any sixteen-year-old, Julia's used to dealing with problems. From her overprotective father to her absent mother to a teacher who definitely has it in for her. But everything changes when Julia's reactions become oddly vicious and angry---more animal than human. This action-packed adventure has it all: humor, romance, and a plot that will keep you guessing to the very last page.

So thanks to the publishers! :D

Mel.

33 comments

  1. Wow, our birthdays are very close -- mine is April 22nd! :D I also have Seraphina and the Shapeshifter's Secret and mind me, they look absolutely fabulous. I hope I can get to them soon! :)

    Have a wonderful week, Mel! <3
    PS: Just in case I don't remember, happy early birthday! Best wishes and love~ :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's every close indeed! :D I'm going to remember that, so I can wish you a happy birtday.

      I hope I have time enough to read them very soon. I'm planning on doing it, but there are so many great books waiting for me.

      And thank you so much! :D

      Delete
  2. Happy Early Birthday to you! I had never heard of any of these before, I'll definitely be checking them out!

    My Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great mailbox! All of your books look great, especially Blackbirds! I'll be adding that one to my TBR list :) Enjoy your reads! and Happy Birthday!!! Is it your 21st?
    My IMM
    Olivia @ The Reading Enchantress

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! I hope you had a great day!
    Great books this week in your IMM. I had never heard of Netgalley before, haha! The books look great, especially the last one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did have a great day, thanks :D

      You should check it out! It's a very nice site :)

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday :D
    Wow awesome books this week!! Hope you enjoy :D


    Happy reading and thanks for stopping by!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy early birthday!

    Great books! Seraphina looks interesting and I have the Shapeshifter's Secret in my to-be-reviewed pile.

    Here's mine: IMM .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ^^ I'm going to take a lot at your IMM.

      Delete
  7. I have Seraphina and The Shapeshifter's Secret, too! I need to hurry up and read them :)

    Thanks for stopping by my IMM post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! Should be fun to compare our opinions :)

      Delete
  8. Yay! Seraphina sounds sooooo good, in fact, I hear it's that good. I'm lucky enough to have a copy myself, but am sorry to say I probably won't get to it for a while. Blackbirds is my favorite cover of this year! I love it. I didn't pick up the ARC because I don't want to overload, but I do plan to check it out from the library when I have the chance. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good thing to hear :D I'm going to read Seraphine first.

      Delete
  9. Great set! People are raving about Seraphina. I want to read it.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen a review about Seraphina before. I'm going to look for them, but it's a good thing to hear :D

      Delete
  10. Oooh Happy birthday for...tomorrow! :D
    I LOVE the sound of Blackbirds! I can't wait to read it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't heard of those books before but they sound really interesting! And happy early birthday to you, Mel! ♥ I hope it's going to be an AWESOME birthday filled with presents and goodies! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Blackbirds I'm really curious about but I wanna wait until I see some reviews so I'll be looking for yours! ;)

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy birthday sweetie. Youve got an awesome mailbox this week. thanks for following me , im following you back. happy reading! x<3

    Ƹ̴Ӂ̴ƷFICBOOKREVIEWSƸ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ

    ReplyDelete
  14. happy early birthday
    enjoy saraphina

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, Blackbirds sounds pretty good! I hope you'll enjoy your new books, fellow book hoarder ;)

    (PS. not only are you a book hoarder but you love Alan Rickman too! *faints* I love that man! :D <3)

    Also, happy birthday! <3 xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Alan Rickman is fantastic! His voice <3

      And thank you!

      Delete
  16. Great mailbox! I'm seeing The Shapeshifters Secret everywhere. I think I need to check it out! :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I haven't heard of this but they look really good. Great IMM ;)

    Jennifer @ Dream Reads

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yay! My birthday is on April 25th. Awesome mailbox, some really interesting books! :)

    Thank you for stopping by!

    Tasnin @ The Wild Reader

    Followed

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible.